Unnie line

Unnie can you EH?!

“Unnie?”

Sowon patted Yerin’s cheeks lightly and brushed her fringe out of her eyes.

“You did well Yerin ah. So, well.”

“But unnie I made Eunha cry, I yelled at her.”

Sowon still smiled.

“Unnie why are you still smiling? Why aren’t you getting mad? How do you deal with this all the time? Answer me unnie!”

Sowon remained smiling silently.

“Do you hate me? Is that why you got the curtain? To hide from me?”

Finally, Sowon’s smile faltered.

“Yerin ah, I don’t hate you. I love you as much as I love the other girls, especially since you're my second in command, I could never hate you. If I hated you would I still be your roommate in this new dorm?”

Yerin’s tears slid from the corners of her eyes and Sowon gently wiped them with her tiny fingers.

“Also, I didn’t get the curtain because I hated you, where does that come from? I got it because you said to leave the light on for you to come back from your shower. Know that you’ve seen how tiring it is to be your unnie, do you understand how precious a few more minutes of sleep is to me?”

Yerin started crying, her loud sobs causing everyone in the dorm to stop what they were doing and peek in the doorway.

“Are those tears of happiness yet? Crybaby.”

Sowon smiled like a proud mom.

“Later apologize to Eunha, she didn’t mean it after all.”

“I will...waaaaahhhhhh!”

Patting Yerin’s head slowly, Sowon hummed a lullaby to put Yerin to sleep, she needed rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuju wandered into the unnie line room trying to get some guidance from Sowon but she stopped mid step when she found Sowon curled up next to Yerin’s head.

Silently pulling out her phone and turning the camera shutter sound off, she snapped a picture and left.

Grabbing SinB and Umji since she knew they loved seeing cute things, she showed them the picture.

If you looked carefully you would find little details that made them smile, Sowon’s right hand was wrapped around Yerin’s thumb, barely reaching around completely due to her already short thumb.

SinB snuck into the Unnie line room next to take her own picture, instead of the focus of the picture being her unnies, she made their hands the focus, it came out beautifully, of course it’s photographer SinB.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin slowly woke up, feeling refreshed and was going to rub her eyes but her left hand was being held down. Blinking away her sleepiness, she found Sowon still next to her, but asleep with her thumb held captive. The automatic cuteness from the gesture cause Yerin to nearly squeal. Sowon unnie had to have been the prettiest baby she had ever seen.

The phone in SinB’s pocket dinged and Yerin finally noticed her standing nearby with a small smile.

“Unnie, it’s Nayeon unnie.”

Yerin unlocked her phone and read the message.

[Hey hey Yerin chingu, is Sojung resting well? She hasn’t replied me.]

[Unnie she’s sleeping well right now, she’s lost her phone so she can’t respond.]

[Really? Okay, take good care of your unnie okay?]

[Of course, we will.]

[Good, you guys depend on her too much, try to hold back a little okay?]

[Okay.]

Looking back at Sowon unnie, Yerin raised her eyebrow. Sowon’s little lip was trembling, was she having a nightmare? Yerin panicked and couldn’t decide whether to free her thumb to pick up Sowon or not as a small tear slid from Sowon’s closed eyes.

“Unnie what’s wrong?”

“SinB yah hold her! She’s crying!”

“Eh?”

SinB quickly picked Sowon up and held her to her chest, Yerin’s arm following Sowon’s hand, rubbing slow circles on the back of her hand.

“You’re okay unnie, you’re safe here.”

Sowon woke up and cried quietly, her free hand clenching in SinB’s shirt. The scene made their hearts hurt. What are we going to do with you Sowon unnie?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hm? What did you dream of Unnie?”

Sowon rubbed her now dry eyes and sniffled.

“That I wasn’t ever going to be big again and then I had to leave you guys.”

She started crying again.

“Look! I’m crying again! How can I leave you guys who can’t do anything waaaahhhhhh.”
Yerin shot a glance at SinB, kind of with the feeling, why’d you bring it up?

Eunha ran in when she heard Sowon crying again and grabbed her from SinB, bouncing her lightly.

“What’s wrong?”

She made eye contact with Yerin and stopped moving. Sowon stopped just to see what’s up.

“Ah, Yerin unnie. About earlier-”

“I’m sorry Eunbi.”

“Eh? N-no I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have made you play when you’re tired.”

“Waaaahhhhh my kids are so good to each other I’m so happy!! Why am I still crying?!”

They laughed together in their leader’s predicament.

“It’s okay unnie, you’re cute that’s why.”

“Whhyyy.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They gathered around their dinner table and sat around.

“What should we do for dinner?”

They looked at each other blankly.

“Samgyetang?”

“No, Yerin you eat it way too often.”

“Pizza?”

“No, you guys are still on diet.”

“Even though my diet was self-declared?”

“Mm, you wanted to lose weight on your own volition, then I should help you.”

SinB grumbled but listened.

“I’ll cook.”

They all collectively yelled at her.

“No!!”

Yerin cleared when Sowon stared like the world had betrayed her.

“Unnie, I don’t think you can even lift a pan right now?”

“Ah, that’s right. Yerin you can be my hands then.”

“Okay.”