Dislocated Arm

Love At First High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And five, six, seven, eight”, the choreographer counted to each and every step. Jisoo was rehearsing for a performance for her company’s anniversary party. She swore, she was never a dancer but when their team had to choose who will perform for the annual celebration, all of her colleagues turned their eyes on her. She can still remember that moment.

 

“Omo. It’s that time of the year again. I wonder who’s going to perform in our department for this year’s anniversary celebration”, Lisa, one of Jisoo’s closest office friends mentioned.

 

“Performance? What performance?” Jisoo had no idea what her friend was saying. She’s new to the company so she’s not yet familiar with everything.

 

“Oops. I forgot to mention. So each year, our company celebrates its anniversary and each department is required to have a performance of their choice. Our department usually chooses one or two of its members to represent us. Last year I was chosen to dance and sing for the Creative Department since I’m the youngest in the group and I’m the only intern back then”, Lisa explained.

 

“I see. Why is this such a big thing? I mean, what’s the catch?” she asked.

 

“It’s a departmental competition. The best performance win lots of prizes. Just like last year, we almost won but we only made it ‘til second place. Song Mino and Lee Seunghoon of Marketing department bagged the grand prize, – an Asian cruise for the entire team and lots of goodie bags. It isn’t bad for us though, we won a trip to Jeju-do and lots of makeup goodie bags as well.”

 

Lisa just nodded when suddenly their department head called everybody’s attention “everyone! Inside the meeting room, we need to discuss this year’s anniversary performance!”, and just like that everyone made their way to the meeting room.

 

When everyone was seated their department head began the meeting. “As you all know this year’s anniversary performance is important – just like the previous years. And as per our department’s tradition, the newest blood in our group will be the one to represent our department.”

 

Everybody turned their eyes on her. Jisoo was stunned. Me???? She wanted to scream. Nooooo! I don’t want to! She was about to speak up when her department head interrupted.

 

“We have no room for NO’s. Jisoo, as the newest member of this department, you will be representing us for this year’s anniversary performance. Any talents?” her department head asked.

 

“Um… is sleeping a talent?”

“Can you sing?”

 

She shook her head.

 

“Can you act? Do comedy? Impersonate someone?”

 

She continuously shook her head.

 

“Well, can you dance?”

 

She hesitated, she wanted to shake her head. But another colleague interrupted.

 

“Yes! Jisoo is a great dancer! I went to middle school with her!”, Jenny one of her friends mentioned.

 

She threw her an accusing look and mouthed “chugole?”

 

Jenny just raised her fists and gestured “hwaiting!”

 

“Then, dance it is! Jisoo, I know a couple of great choreographers, I’ll contact one of them and we’ll have them train you. Give it your best shot, arasso? Because this year’s prize is a European tour for the entire team!

 

Everybody cheered for her and gave her encouraging words.

 

She gave them a nervous smile. Oh gosh, what have I gotten myself in to?

 

“Chingu! Our European trip lies in your hands. Give it your best, arasso?” Jenny .

 

“It’s all your fault! You know that I stopped dancing a long time ago, I don’t even know if I still have the skills!”

 

“I know you still have it in you, you just need a little refresher and I know you’d definitely slay, girl!”

 

She admits, she kinda missed dancing.

 

“Jisoo, are you with us?” the choreographer interrupted her flashbacks.

 

“Uh… erm, yep! So sorry, I just remembered something”, she apologized.

 

“Okay, from the top! We need to master that turn you’ll be doing. I know it’s still a month and a half ‘til anniversary day but time is running and Department Head Park wanted everything to be perfect. Got it?”

Jisoo just nodded.

 

They practiced from the very beginning and just when she was about to make the ‘big’ turn, Jisoo stepped on the wrong foot and loses balance. She fell down and heard a loud popping sound, when she turned she realized her arm got dislocated. She cried in pain. Jenny and the choreographer rushed to her side and immediately called for help.

 

She felt an excruciating pain in her right arm she almost passed out. “Chingu, hang in there, help is coming”, Jenny said while trying to support her.

 

Minutes later, medics arrived and she was brought to the emergency room.

 

When they arrived, she was wheeled to the emergency room and the nurses checked on her.

 

Jenny and the choreographer frantically explained to the attending nurse what and how it happened, while she still suffers in pain.

 

Later on, the doctor arrived. “Seonsaengnim, the patient suffered from a bad fall and dislocated her arm”, explained the nurse attending to her.

 

The doctor came near her and checked her arm, it was painful but she never failed to notice the doctor’s face. He was good looking and he really smelled good.

 

“I’m Dr. Park Jinyoung and I will be in-charge of your case”, he introduced himself but he didn’t look at her. He inspected her arm, tried to move it but she just yelled in pain. “We have to pop this back, you might have to bear with the pain for a while”, Dr. Park explained.

 

Jisoo shook her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter