Forever

Forever

Jihoon arrived at the bus station. He has another 30 minutes to spend before his bus arrived so he decided to grab some snacks before taking his seat outside for fresh air. He took a bite of the chips and suddenly his phone rings.

"Hello?" he speaks as he answered.

"Where are you?" the voice asks.

"At the bus station. Why? You didn't forget that I'm coming right?" Jihoon frowned.

"Of course I didn't, idiot. I made plans for us already. By the way, my cousin will be in the same bus as you and I told him to find you once he arrived at the station. Take care of him for me okay?" 

"Your cousin? Okay. By the way, Jinyoung-aa" he called.

"Hm?" the later responds.

"I miss you so much~" 

"I miss you too, my pinky! I cant wait to spend time with you again" Jinyoung said. "I'll be charging my phone for now, stay safe there and DON'T FLIRT!"

"Okay okay, I won't" Jihoon laugh. "Where's my 'I love you' though?"

"I love you, Jihoon-ie~ I'll call you in a while okay?"

"Okay, I love you too" Jihoon said before they end the call. Jihoon starts picking up more chips and stuffs them in his mouth while looking around. His eyes meet a man across the streets.

"What is that guy doing?" he questioned as the guy keeps looking at his phone in the middle of the road. Jihoon's eyes widen as he saw a bus heading towards him. Without a doubt, Jihoon ran towards him and quickly get both of them off the road.

"Are you crazy?" he ask, breathless. "You could get killed just now"

"Oh my! Thank you for saving me" the guy said, "I didn't realize the bus was heading towards my direction. I was too busy messaging my fiance"

"It's okay. Be careful next time please" Jihoon sighed.

"Hehe. I will, whats your name by the way?" The guy asks.

"Jihoon, Park Jihoon" He stretched out his hand to shake with the guy. "And, you are?"

"Sungwoo, Ong Sungwoo" he replied. "Where are you going?"

"Seoul. To my boyfriend's place" Jihoon smiled as they took their seat. Didnt really feel comfortable talking to a strager but at least he have a company to talk to while waiting for the bus.

"Oh, I'm waiting for my fiance" Sungwoo grins. "He said he'll pick me up soon. I miss him so much"

Jihoon smiled, he misses his boyfriend too. Sungwoo took a Polaroid out of his pocket.

"Heres a picture of my fiance, isn't he handsome?" he beams, showing it to Jihoon.

"Wow, he looks pretty muscular" Jihoon said, "Even with the pink hair"

"I know, right? He looked muscular but he's a child inside" Sungwoo laugh, "His name is Kang Daniel"

Jihoon nodded and took out his phone

"This is my boyfriend" Jihoon flashes a picture of him and Jinyoung on his lock screen to Sungwoo. "His name is Jinyoung"

"He's really handsome too" Sungwoo beams, "You both are so good looking! OMG, visual couple"

"Ei, we're not" Jihoon shyly replied. 

"You guys are! Oh, do you have a power bank? My phone died." 

"I think so. Wait" Jihoon searches inside his bag and hand him his cable and power bank when he found them. Sungwoo thanked him and plug the end cable to his phone.

"Jihoon-ssi" Sungwoo called, turning Jihoon's eyes to him.

"Do you love your boyfriend?" he asked, making Jihoon a little flustered.

"Of course. Why?"

"Just asking, I really really love my boyfriend" Sungwoo grins. "He's the best thing in the world"

Jihoon flash him a smile.

"Mine too. He's one of the best gift God had ever gave me"

"You need to treasure him then" Sungwoo said, "You know, people will come and go in our lives. We'll never know when will we see them again. We may not even be able to one day"

"I know. I'm trying my best to be the best for him too. I don't want to lose him" Jihoon said. "He's like--"

"I'm getting married next month! Yeay!" Sungwoo suddenly beams, grinning like an idiot.

"Congratulation, may you both live happily" Jihoon clapped, feeling a little suspicious for a while.

''Why is his mood keep changing?' 

"Thank you! I love my Daniel so much" Sungwoo said before turning to Jihoon. "I love him so much"

"I'm sure you are" Jihoon replied, feeling a little scared as Sungwoo suddenly cried.

"I love him so much" he sobs. "Too much that it hurts"

"Did he... hurt you or something?" Jihoon ask, carefully.

"Daniel? No way!" Sungwoo laugh again. "He loves me too, he would never hurt me"

"Oh, okay" Jihoon gulped, feeling even more scared.

"What makes you think he hurted me? Do you perhaps have a scandal with him?" Sungwoo moves closer to Jihoon, giving him a cold gaze.

"What? No, I never even meet him before"

"Tell me the truth or I'll cut your body in half" Sungwoo threaten him, suddenly. Making Jihoon even scared than before.

"No, I swear. I dont know him at all"

"Okay then!" Sungwoo pulled back, smiling widely.

"Jihoon-ssi. Do you know something?" he asks the scared boy. Jihoon shook his head as he's too frightened to reply.

"Sometimes we take people for granted because we thought that they'll always be there for us. Unknowingly, everyone will eventually leave" Sungwoo chuckles, a tear rolled down his cheeks. "The word 'forever' doest exist in real life. It only exist in storybooks"

"Are you... okay?" Jihoon ask him, seeing more and more of Sungwoo's tears drops.

"I'm okay" Sungwoo said, wiping his tears with his sleeves before laughing again. "Kang Daniel is such a dork. He laughs at everything even when its not funny. Can you believe I fall in love with such idiot?"

"He's very messy too. He always bought bunch of jellies and when he's eating it he'd threw away the wrapper everywhere" Sungwoo chuckled with tears in his eyes. "I miss him, I miss his touch, his voice, his kisses. I miss everything about him"

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jihoon ask again, mixed of worried and scared.

"Do I look like I'm not okay?" Sungwoo suddenly glare. He moves closer to Jihoon before grabbing the boy's neck, choking him.

"I'm asking you, DO I LOOK LIKE I'M NOT OKAY?!" he suddenly screams as he choke him harder, making Jihoon hardly breath.

People around starts helping and some guards came to stop Sungwoo from killing him. The guards then take Sungwoo away, leaving Jihoon completely shocked by the sudden experience. He saw Sungwoo's phone attached to his powerbank on the chair and decide to reach for his power bank as his bus finally arrived.

"Oh?" Jihoon's eyes widen as he sees Sungwoo's phone cracked but he then realized that the phone arent even real phone in the first place. It was the phone kids played where the numbers played songs when pressed.

"Who is he?" Jihoon questioned as he take his powerbank and keep it in his bag again. He grabs his other stuffs and walk to his bus.

"Hi, there" a guy suddely greet him, panting.

"I dont know you. Dont talk to me" Jihoon said, afraid the same thing happened again so he walked faster.

"Of course you dont, but I know you. You're Jinyoung's boyfriend right?" the guy said, making Jihoon stopped and finally meet eyes with him.

"And you are?" Jihoon raised a brow.

"I'm Jinyoung's cousin. Lee Daehwi" he grins. "Didnt Jinyoung told you that I'll be in the same bus as you?"

"Oh right, he did. I'm sorry" Jihoon scratch the back of his head. 

"Dont worry, I understand" Daehwin suddenly wink. Jihoon smiled and start walking again.

After settling their courrirer, they took their seats next to each other with Jihoon sitting by the window.

"How long have you two been dating?" Daehwi suddenly ask, finally breaking the silent.

"Its been a few years" Jihoon smiled, "How come you have Lee as a surname instead of Bae like Jinyoung?"

"My father was a Lee" Daehwin said, "My mother is Jinyoung's father's sister. So~"

"Oh, sorry. Didnt think about that" Jihoon scrath the back of his head, grinning.

"What happened to your neck? Its flashing red" Daehwi ask. Jihoon touched his neck and sigh.

"A guy choke me earlier"

"OMG, why?" Daehwi's eyes widen.

"I'm not really sure. He was talking about his fiance but then he keep laughing and crying so I ask if he's okay and he suddenly get mad and choke me" Jihoon told him. "It was so scary"

Daehwi went silent for a few seconds, thinking really hard on something.

"Ong Sungwoo?" he predict, making Jihoon's eyes widen.

"You know him?"

"How can I not? He's really popular around here" Daehwi said. "Havent you heard of him?"

Jihoon shook his head.

"His fiance died in a car accident on his way to pick him here" Daehwi told him.

"Died?"

"Yup, he was so depressed that he became that way" Daehwi sighed.

"On that day, his phone were out of charge. So when the accident happen no one can reach him and they didnt know he was here because apparently they planned it as a surprise for Daniel's mom. Until, he took the taxi to his fiance's house by himself"

"Were you there?" Jihoon asks and Daehwi nodded.

"Their house were near to mine. When Sungwoo arrived, everyone was already crying. The moment he heard that Daniel died, he immediately collapsed"

Jihoon gasped in silent. Daehwi took a deep breath before continuing his story.

"Sungwoo was fine during the funeral, he cried of course but he can still get himself together. A few days after that he starts talking to himself, saying that Daniel was there with him, Daniel was on his way to meet him, Daniel was waiting for him"

"Until one day, he lose all of his sense. He's here every single day ever since, waiting for Daniel to pick him up"

"So thats why..." Jihoon sighed, "Their love were beautiful but their time together arent meant to be forever"

Daehwi nodded as he yawn.

"I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when we arrived, okay?"

Jihoon flash him a smile as an agreement before Daehwi start covering his face with a sweater fall asleep soon after.

"You know, people will come and go in our lives. We'll never know when will we see them again. We may not even be able to one day"

Sungwoo's voice keeps playing in Jihoon's head. 

"Sometimes we take people for granted because we thought that they'll always be there for us. Unknowingly, everyone will eventually leave"

"The word 'forever' doest exist in real life. It only exist in storybooks"

Jihoon look outside the window, even the blue sky cant make his heart feel calm at the moment. He took out his phone and start chatting Jinyoung in kakao.

Me: Babe?
Me: Jinyoung-aa?
Me: Hey, where are you?
Me: Why arent you replying?
Me: Babe, are you there?
Me: Jinyoung?

Jihoon's heart races. His 3 hours ride from Daegu to Seoul are filled with him texting and calling Jinyoung eventhough the only one answering him were the operator saying the call is unavailable at the moment. When they finally arrived, Jihoon quickly woke up Daehwi and rush to take their luggages.

"Why are you in such a rush?" Daehwi ask as Jihoon basically pull his hand out to the station.

"I've been calling Jinyoung since we start moving but he's not answering" Jihoon replied, looking around to find his boyfriend. "He's not replying my messages either"

Jihoon starts calling Jinyoung again as Daehwi scratch his head, yawning.

"Where is he?" Jihoon growled, calling his boyfriend for the who knows how many times today.

"Lets go to the parking lot, maybe he's there" Jihoon suggest before pulling Daehwi on the run again.

"Where is Bae Jinyoung? Why is he making me suffer alone like this?" Daehwi sighed as they reach the parking lot. Their eyes roamed around searching for a familiar figure.

"There he is" Daehwi pointed to a guy that was walking out from a car. As soon as he sees his boyfriend, Jihoon quickly run to him and give him a hug. 

"Hey, why are you crying?" Jinyoung asks as Jihoon sobs on his shoulder.

"I was worried, you didnt pick up any of my calls or messages" the smaller one sobs as they were facing each other.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to turn on my phone when I charge it" Jinyoung giggled, ruffling his boyfriend's head. "I'm so sorry I made you worried, love"

"Arent you going to say sorry to me too?" Daehwi suddenly speaks as he carry their luggages by himself.

"Oh God, I forgot. Sorry and thank you so much, Daehwi" Jihoon flash him a small smile as he take his luggage from the younger one.

"My father will drive you home, he's right over there" Jinyoung points to a silver car just a few lots away from his. "I have a princess to take care of"

"Pft, okay then. See you later, Jihoon~" Daehwi wave and wink before walking away, leaving the lovebirds. 

"Get in" Jinyoung said as he place Jihoon's luggage at the trunk. The smaller one obeyed and get to the passenger seat.

"I'm so sorry I made you worried" Jinyoung said as he walks in the car.

"Its okay, I was just afraid anything happened to you" Jihoon beams, entwining their fingers.

"I miss you so much" Jinyoung said, planting a kiss on his boyfriend's forehead.

"I missed you too" he replied. "I dont want to lose you, I dont think I can handle myself being alone without you"

"I'm not going to leave you" Jinyoung smiled as Jihoon rest his head on Jinyoung's shoulder. "I'm going to be right by your side forever"

Jihoon lifts his head to meet his eyes with Jinyoung's.

"The word 'forever' doest exist in real life. It only exist in storybooks"

"I know" Jinyoung runs his fingers along Jihoon's cheeks. Jihoon's eyes shut with Jinyoung's touch as the he leans closer.

"But I'll make sure our forever will be a very very long time"