chapter V

photo booth // moonsun short story

(Moonbyul's pov)

Seulgi is acting weird.

She doesn't go to work with me anymore and I have to take the metro alone.

I think I am getting over Solar. But I won't get closer to that photo booth ever again.

Seulgi and Irene are dating. I have the feeling they are hiding something from me but I truly doesn't care anymore. I just wanna keep moving on my professional life. 

If I never hear about Solar again, better.

(Solar's pov)

Wheein is picking me up everyday to go to work. I am almost forgetting about Moonbyul. Almost.

I remember her every night, when I look at her pictures in my drawer. I don't really wanna forget her, to be honest.

I started to flirt with this guy, Eric Nam. He is cute, but I don't feel half of the things I felt for Moonbyul. And it scares me. 

Scares me the thought that maybe, I will never find someone like her. That maybe I lost my soulmate because of my fear and insecure. Scares me that maybe I broke her heart and she will never forgive me.

I was brushing my teeth when Wheein called me.

- Today is my day off and I forgot to tell you, so I won't be picking you up, I'm sorry. 

- Oh, no problem, I still have time to take the metro! Have a nice day, Wheeinie!

As I arrived at the metro station, I receive a message from Eric. Today I would go on a date with him but to be honest I would rather stay home. When texting, I bump with another person.

- I'm so sorry! It was all my fault, how clumsy of me! - I say smiling awkwardly, that's when I look up to find a pair of bright eyes staring at me. - Moonbyul...

My heart stopped. I didn't know what to do or say or... Should I run?

- Solar... - She says low, her eyes locked in mine.

In that moment I knew, we were meant to be. The way she looks at me, the way I can't take my eyes of her... We were meant to be since the start.

- I think I should give you an explanation... - I say low looking down. - I didn't come to the metro that day, and when I came here later that afternoon, I saw you but I was too scared and-

I was cut off by her index finger. 

- We can restart. - She smiles softly at me.

- Aren't you mad at me? Didn't I break your heart? - I sigh clearly blaming myself for being mean.

- Yes you did. But now you're here in front of me and everything seems right. And I wanted to yell at you, saying how much it hurts when you stopped answer from nowhere and god knows where you were! I- She stutters, sighing - I can't do it... I just feel like hugging you - She giggles.

My smile grew and I hugged her tight. 

- I am so sorry I was such a coward... I am so sorry. 

She broke the hug, passing her hands through my hair. 

- Where do you work? I wanna pick you up today so we can do something... Get to know each other, maybe? - She smirked.

I bite my inner lip and look down. 

- I work at the same café as Irene. - I say low, ashamed.

- Why didn't I- She stops talking and sigh, nodding - you hided yourself from me... I looked for you everywhere, Solar... - Her voice breaks, she wasn't mad. She was sad. 

- I am so sorry. - I say as tears started to fill my eyes.

- It's okay now. - She hugs me again - As I said, we will restart, okay? 

We took our paths to work, smiling like fools. Finally we were together.

All day I was being teased by everyone at work. And guess what? It wasn't Wheein's day off. They knew it would happen. 

- It was our idea. - Irene says with a big grin in her face. 

I threw a towel on her, smiling big. 

I counted the hours until the day was getting to the end. I will spend my night with her. I wanna scream of happiness!

She walked in the café, smiling at me. Today, I wouldn't hide.

All the girls stopped working just to look at us. I blushed and Moonbyul smirked, liking the attention.

- Hello, sunshine. Do I have the permission to take you out tonight? 

I blushed even more as everyone was like "aww".

- Yes, you do. - I say, smiling and taking her hand. 

As I was walking towards the door, I turn back to the girls, mouthing a "thank you" followed by the sincerer smile I have ever smiled.

We decided to stay at my house, watching a movie and eating popcorn.

Cliche, I know. But well... Our story is a cliche one. Why would it be different?

It was incredible. So incredible I forgot I had a date with Eric. 

But who cares? My soulmate, the one I will never get tired of waking up by her side every morning; the one I will always love every detail, was right by my side, looking at me as I was the most beautiful flower. What she doesn't know is that for me, she is the most precious jewelry.

I couldn't just look at her. I needed to feel her. Slowly we closed the space between us and pressed our lips together.

Now I am sure, our destinies are traced and nothing can pull us apart.

a/n:. LAST CHAPTER EVERYONE. well, before the epilogue, of course. I hope y'all enjoyed the story as much as I did. Thank you for reading and voting it meant a lot <3