chapter II

photo booth // moonsun short story

I woke up this morning with a big idea to make Hyejin and Wheein know their secret love for each other. 

I know I was working with them just for two days but damn, they are always flirting without noticing it! 

For my plan, I will have to ask for Wendy's permission and maybe for a little help. But I am sure it will work.

About me and Moonbyul... Well, I am nervous. I mean, she is pretty and seems nice but... I don't know. I guess I am good at helping people but I can't help myself. 

Is clear that she's the only thing on my mind now, yet I'm so afraid of what could happen in the future. All the options seem to scare me.

a) we can be soulmates

b) we can forget about each other with time

c) she can be a pimp and I'll end up a

The option that says we can be soulmates scares me cause I don't wanna marry or have a future with someone. It's just too unreal for me.

Think about it: you have to wake up by the side of the same person for years. Would you still feel the same after some years? Would you still look at the person and love every single detail about them? Cause well, I truly don't think so.

If she is my soulmate, I am sorry but she will end up alone.

I arrived at the metro station and quickly went to the photo booth, as expected, there was a picture of her. 

She was doing an L right below her chin. Stunning. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to have her as a soulmate. What a beautiful view to wake up every day. 

"Hii. Yes, sure! It's a weird idea. I loved it! So, what can you tell me about you? I am 24 years and I am a dancer teacher."

I smiled. How sweet... A dance teacher! I can't even move right. 

I entered in the photo booth. It was the third consecutive day that I took pictures there. I guess if anyone noticed it. 

I fake punch myself, making my cheek look bigger, and close my eyes. For me, it is a cute pose. 

"Hey! It would be so great to have a dance teacher in my life! xD I barely know how to move my feet! Well, I am 26 years old and I work in a café shop." 

When I arrived at work, all the faces where turned at me. 

- Is there something on my face? - I smiled awkwardly. What was going on? 

- The girl you're chatting with just left. - Irene says. 

I froze. 

I didn't know if I wish I arrived earlier or if I was glad I didn't see her. I wasn't prepared yet. What if she comes back? What will I do?

- She isn't a pimp. - She gave me a warm smile, seeing my worry.

- But I guess she isn't your soulmate either. - Wheein says pouting.

My heart broke. Why? I don't know. I mean, I don't wanna live my life with anyone, right? Right.

- Why? - I stutter, putting on my uniform to start working, trying to not show my disappointment.

- She was with another girl, they seemed pretty close. - Hwasa says, nodding and sighing. - Pretty close.

I sigh. - Well, I could have a friend at least, huh? - I fake smile, my heart still in pieces.

Even though my love life was a mess, I could still fix some. I talked to Wendy about my plan and she totally agreed, saying I was their salvation. 

We were almost closing when a blonde girl entered, laughing with a brunette one.

I froze. It was her. Moonbyul. She is closer than I imagined. 

I run inside the kitchen, I wasn't ready, I didn't know what to do!

I could hear them, tho. Hwasa took their orders. 

- What names you want in your coffee? 

- Byulie and Seulgi! - Her voice made me shiver. 

- They are gone, Sun. - Irene comes to me after a while, leaning on the door with her arms crossed and her lips frowned. 

- I didn't know what to do... - I say low, looking down.

- Look, Sun - She gets closer holding my hands - take your time, okay? No one will judge you if you don't wanna meet her now. We are worried. We don't want you to get hurt.

I look away. I never had a broken heart, now it won't be different.

Before I could even say something, Wendy comes running to the kitchen. 

- It's time. - She smiled big.