chapter I

photo booth // moonsun short story

Another day at work. 

Yesterday, I spent all my minutes thinking about the girl on the picture. Would we ever meet? She seemed like a nice girl, I wish I could meet her in person someday. But hey, it was just a picture, right?

At work, I was introduced to my coworkers and they are all sweets! There is Wheein and Hwasa, that, I was told, are in love with one another and are the only ones who don't see it. The boss, Wendy, also responsible for cooking is the sweetest person I have ever met. And then there's the waitresses: Irene, Joy and Yerim. All of them are wonderful and I am so happy to be working with them.

I felt so close to them that I already told them about the girl in the picture.

- You must be careful, she can be a pimp or something. - Says Irene, worried. 

Irene is like the mother, always taking care of us. Especially on the younger ones, Yerim and Joy. 

- It can be a love story! - Wheein says excited and look to Hwasa, who nodded in the same excitement. 

Yerim made a noise like "aww". 

Wendy stared worried at me. - I guess I will agree with Irene, you better take care of yourself.

Joy gave me a warm smile. - Tell me, Sun, what is your heart telling you to do?

I sighed as I had so many different opinions and then a question who confused me even more. 

- I guess I will wait till tomorrow. - I said finally, looking at them nodding, nervous.

But, tomorrow came. 

I was walking fast. I really wanted to see if she answered my picture, I was so excited and worried about it, I didn't even know what to think.

Can Irene be right? Or Wheein? Will me and the girl fall in love? Nah, that’s a movie thing. What does my heart tell me to do? 

As I arrived in the photo booth, I could see the picture. I was relieved and scared at the same time. For a moment, I regretted taking that picture.

She was smiling even bigger in the picture, my heart started to beat faster. She was truly happy. I don't think she is a pimp. 

"Hey there, Solar! My name is Moon Byul Yi. You can call me Byul. You're so beautiful! I would love to squeeze your cheeks. Looking forward to meet you in person! Xx."

What do I do now? 

Take another picture, obviously. 

I entered the photo booth again, this time I took the picture smiling, showing my happiness. 

"Hi Byul! Thank you for your compliment and please do not squeeze my cheeks! xD. Well, I guess we could know each other for a while by pictures, what do you think?"

That's it. That's what my heart is telling me to do.