VII

Catch Me, I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been eventful.

Perhaps Jisoo was exaggerating and his definition for eventful was different from everyone else's but considering the cirumstances he was in, residing in a famous CEO's home along with the child he teaches, amongst being tended by staffs from time to time, Jisoo was incredibly overwhelmed. The whole week was filled with surprises that the teacher probably should have expected, but let it drift into the back of his mind for last minute thinking. Jisoo was more used to living alone, than inhabiting a shared place, with people who frantically darted along the long hallways and actually tended to his needs. Even my own family doesn't tend to me constantly. Rather than complaining, it was a bit more uplifting for his spirits since he felt so important in this household. Aside from that, he doesn't really wake up alone in a house and have to hurry out the door of an empty apartment he only ever just grades and sleeps in. It just wasn't as bad as he thought. Jisoo got along well with Seungcheol. The two would often run errands together, or Jisoo would be heading out and Seungcheol would tag along because Jeonghan was taking too long and by the time they're back, the CEO was barking at Seungcheol to hurry up. They spent most of their time passive aggressively talking about him, but somehow, it would often drift to good things and Jisoo wondered where those thoughts came from since his mind was usually nitpicking every little thing he did.

Mingyu and Jisoo weren't that bad. Every time Mingyu was over, he'd brew up a new recipe for Jisoo to learn and then gave him full reign in the kitchen. Lately, Jisoo's been going out to buy ingredients to wake Jeonghan up early to cook breakfast, courtesy of him watching and teaching him, despite Jeonghan grumbling and trying to sneak off to sleep more. Considering how loud Jeonghan doesn't realize he is, Chan would yell at them from upstairs and moments later come down to watch as he sits on one of the stools, hoodie on his head, lace tightened to an extent, and try not to fall asleep, often being caught by Jisoo before he gives up and falls over. Somehow, Chan always made it into his arms and is lulled to sleep by Jisoo's step taps as Jeonghan watches them discreetly. Mingyu then would criticize Jeonghan's work and encourage him to do harder, earning a grunt as he shovels his food into his mouth. And that was that.

Wonwoo and Jisoo on the other hand, Jisoo felt a little awkward and intimidated by him. The atmosphere was always.. silent. Always tense. They would greet each other like normal, bathe in the awkward silence, and then part ways once Jeonghan or Seungcheol greets them. It wasn't until Jisoo was lost one day and stumbled upon a makeshift library. The room wasn't that large; shelves were encased against every inch of the wall, all of them packed with books, new or old, and comfortable chairs were lounging about. At an awe, he walked inside and began to look around. Minutes passed before he heard the door open and Wonwoo came in, looking at Jisoo oddly, staring at the book in his hand and a fond smile was on his lips; they had a long book talk. 

Jeonghan and Jisoo, they were a piece of work. Constantly arguing every time they can, but somehow it would simmer down, Jisoo always apologizing first, Jeonghan following suit. Maybe it was Jisoo's way of putting up the walls he swore he'd keep up in the beginning of the year, when they were both in his office. He wasn't sure why his heart fluttered, why his cheeks grew red, or overall, why he felt like himself near the CEO. He wasn't sure at all. They finally adapted to one another, Jisoo tending to him and Jeonghan checking up on him every now and then. It was a routine that the two could agree with. Aside from Jeonghan and Mingyu creating yet another routine for him because seemingly he didn't take care of himself properly enough. Lack of food, lack of sleep, and incredibly stressed. He could still hear Mingyu's 'No wonder you're so frail!' and Jeonghan's agreeing hum. Jisoo wasn't sure if he should have been offended or not but just awkwardly smiled, one eyebrow quirked up as the two devised a plan that would lead to his demise.

His hazelnut hues bore into the mirror, gaze dropping down to the smile that was already forming on his lips. Blinking a few times, he let it drop as his hand unconsciously went over his chest, clutching at his shirt's fabric. Hearing the faint buzz of his phone against the counter, he looked at it, Jeonghan's name appearing. 'Hey, come down to eat. I know you have to leave soon.' His eyes moved up, glancing at the big white bolded numbers on his phone and silently cursed as he finished smoothing out his clothes and stumbling out of the bathroom, out of his room, and down the stairs. 

"Has Minhyun turned the files in?" Jeonghan's voice was heard as Jisoo walked down, adjusting his button up shirt, causing him to cease his footsteps entirely.

"Mmm.." a pause before Seungcheol continued, flipping through the papers, "Not yet, seemingly Nayoung hasn't sent in her part of the file either.. You know what that means."

"That we can't advance forward with the plans already laid out," the CEO huffed out, his utensil scraping against the plate irritably. "That's fine," he breathed out eventually, letting it land on the plate with a clatter, "We can still continue with the plans; you know how they work, better late than ever. Besides, their part just consists of.. seeing the worth in it all. As high of a status he bears, there's something.. conspicious about him, and I'd like to find that out rather than accepting a deal blindly that could lead our office down the wrong path and eventually maybe our own demise." a bitter chuckle elicited from his lips, "Which I highly doubt, but bringing up the inevitable is all we can do for now until everyone pitches in with their files and we can sort it out."

"Suppose so," Seungcheol slurred out, closing the manila folder with a sigh, his head dropping into his hands, "Is it even a good idea for you to even go? This could be a risk, Han. The last thing we need to being doing right now is taking a risk, especially since everyone wants you on the headlines.. Hell, some even want your head for tarnishing their image. I don't know about this one.. This one seems absolutely.. What's the word.. Sketchy? I guess that's a slang to use but it reprimands the other words itching to escape."

"What else is there to lose?" Jeonghan muttered, rollling his eyes, "We can't sit around with our asses exposed either. If we sit and wait, they'll get to us first. Even though we're.. what do you call it.. tight-knit, that doesn't mean someone's bound to find the blindspot we're trying to work hard on."

"But no one's found it yet." the other pointed out, fingers tapping lightly against the table.

"I guess you're right. But I'd rather strike first, Cheol."

"Understandable." he nods.

The two grew silent and Jisoo took that as an opportunity to walk in with a squeamish smile. He wasn't quite sure what he heard but he decided to ignore it entirely, perhaps it wasn't even meant for his ears in the first place. Despite that all, he thought that business world was scarier than he originally thought it would be, "Good morning." he chirped, running his fingers through his locks, tugging at the knots that curled around his digits, and then let it drop down to his side, his eyes going over to the plate that was filled, "I'm just gonna assume that's mine." he mumbled, curving around Jeonghan before pulling out the chair, settling into it.

"Good morning!" Seungcheol responded immediately, his smile bright and welcoming while Jeonghan just nodded, answering his question before grabbing the manila folder, flipping through the contents inside. "Did you sleep well?" 

Jisoo, who was chewing on his food, covered his mouth before nodding, "A little restless," his voice muffled behind his hand before swallowing his food, "But it was okay. I hope you slept well, Cheol. Did you get any sleep at all, Mr. Yoon?"

Both their gazes flitted back towards him, knowing full well he never got a proper amount of sleep. And from what Jisoo heard, this time around was busy and Jeonghan, being the top status, had to be in his tip top shape and make the right decisions. Even if the headlines always managed to either put him in a good light or manipulate his words. Sleep clearly wasn't in Jeonghan's vocabulary, and that worries Jisoo. Especially when he hears him enter the household at around 2 am, heading back into his office room, and passing out hunched over the desk. 

"You already know the answer to that."

Before Jisoo could protest, Chan bounded down the stairs, his hair a mess and uniform unkempt but sufficable enough to get through the day. Well, until Jisoo got him into his grasp. Most of his food was consumed and that just gave the teacher an opportunity to slip away from Jeonghan's eyes that bore into him to finish his meal and tend to his responsibility; Chan. He grabbed the sleepy child, who protested weakly, before placing him into his lap as he easily fixed his uniform. After that, he slipped his fingers through his hair, combing through it gently to make him more presentable. Switching places, he set Chan down on the seat, "Go eat your breakfast. I'm gonna go grab my stuff and we can leave when you're finished." 

Chan just nodded, sleepily saluting towards his teacher as he grabbed his smaller fork, heading lolling over to the side, which was quickly caught once Jeonghan's hand reached out, uprighting his son back up.

By the time Jisoo came back downstairs, his bag was slung over his shoulder. Seungcheol was helping Chan slip on his own ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter