V

Catch Me, I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Jisoo's hand made contact with Jeonghan's plush cheek, silence shrouded them immediatlely. The cheers of a new year was suddenly drowned out behind the door, no longer ringing loudly in either of their ears. He blinked a few times, mouth now falling open as realization dawn upon him. Hong Jisoo, just had slapped the famous CEO, Yoon Jeonghan. He could make jokes about selling off his hand on Ebay for millions of dollars just to get the money he needed, but this was no joking atmosphere. It was silent, tense even. It kind of scared Jisoo to no extent, he was wary about the outcome. The teacher's hand was still hovering over Jeonghan's cheek, watching as a vermillion shade crossed his cheek, in the shape of his smaller, frail hands. His gaze was glued on it, mesmerized for some unknown reason before blinking multiple times once more, in an attempt to snap out of his said thoughts that seemingly seemed to cling onto him desperately so he didn't have to accepted his cruel fate against the CEO's wrath. 

"Oh my god," Jisoo voiced out finally, bringing his other hand up to clasp over his mouth, the one that made contact with Jeonghan's cheek was still outstretched; frozen in place. 

Jeonghan blinked once, then twice, his own hnad reaching up to press against his throbbing cheek with the angry red hue that grew heated against his palm.

"I-I'm so sorry!" tthe teacher stammered out, letting the scene replay in his head, the sickening skin to skin contact flitting back into his ear as both his hands were outstretched cautiously, in hopes of reconciling with the elder who remained silent, staring at him blankly as his pale hand continued to rest gingerly against the tender spot.

".. You know," Jeonghan finally began before pausing once more, the younger dreading his words mentally but kept his physique confident externally, watching as he rubbed his cheek, "Just flat out rejecting me is the normal response, sometimes even having an explanation as to why you cannot be Chan's babysitter, rather than your approach, where you just outright slapped me as soon as the new year surfaced." the elder rolled his eyes, dropping his hand back down to his side, "That's a new one that should be added into the book of taboos."

"I'm sorry," Jisoo repeated once more, "You were just so close and I wasn't really thinking straight and so I -- panicked!" 

"I was just negotiating with you, wasn't I?"

He was at a loss of words. He wasn't quite sure why he reacted that way, he should have just listened. Maybe because he's spent so much of his time with Jeonghan lately, it made him taken back. But then again, he should be used to the close proximity that happens between them. It wasn't rare for their hands to accidentally brush against each other when they're standing by each other or reaching out for something. Evidently enough, sometimes the big CEO would lean over Jisoo to grab something off his desk. Jisoo's obvious reaction is tensing up as his heart thrums rapidly against his chest in an odd manner; as if he was some teenage girl that finally was able to talk to her crush. Jisoo couldn't put his finger on whatever the hell he was feeling, but he had an idea, and he'd prefer to deny it entirely. There was no way, after all. Perhaps, whatever hazardous feelings he was going through on this rollercoaster of a ride was finally catching up with him and made him freak out. He'll just go with that.

"Unless there's something that I've been doing that made you feel odd?" Jeonghan's voice brought him back to the reality of the situation, hearing as his voice dropped down a few octaves; low and guttural, hushed even, afraid that someone else would hear them, even though it was impossible. "What are you thinking about?" curiosity laced his very voice, inching closer to Jisoo, and he could feel his hands grow clammy once more. 

Jisoo bit down on his bottom lip for a moment, gnawing on the soft, pink flesh, even as the pain began to blossom gently, pulsing lightly. He ignored his words as his sharp eyes flickered between him ad the door that was beckoning Jisoo to run out before he could embarrass himself. "I'm gonna have to decline that offer."

"And why is that?"

"I'm already his teacher," he enunciated, leaning forward to prove his point, "I don't think I should make myself his babysitter either." he said slowly, unsurely, watching his expression grow blank once more, "It's a form of professionalism on my behalf. Also, it could be seen as favoritism.  I don't want others to think that, nor do I want the schoolboard to hear about it." Jisoo paused, averting his gaze, "Besides, I shouldn't be relatively close to you in this aspect, but, here I am."

Jisoo grew wary as Jeonghan grew silent again. the gap between them was nonexistant once more as Jeonghan loomed over hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter