₰ — O N E

Xen's Xrabbles *reupload

Taehyung was walking. It was already nightfall and he was still walking. Somehow, there was no urge for him to stop. Well, there might be one. Yet he didn't register his presence.

 

Jimin. He had been following Taehyung for hours, with his white hoodie clad low over his head. He didn't know why he was doing this, but one thing for sure is that he wanted to know what Taehyung was doing. For what? He didn't know either.

 

Seeing Taehyung stumble and fall over some rocks or even roots of a tree as he crossed from roads to the forest, he looked like a wandering lamb lost from his herd. Judging from what Jimin observed within that span of time, Taehyung was lost but he kept moving on like he had a destination to reach.

 

His black hoodie bobbed and swayed slightly as he walked with his shoes, brushing against the dirt of the ground. Jimin trailed a distance away, careful to not alert the boy and be able to keep an eye on that fool.

 

Yes, he had been degraded from a boy to a fool. A fool who didn't know his way yet still walked on like nothing was wrong. Jimin wanted to run up to him - many times in fact - yet he couldn't bring himself to do so. Why? That's another unanswered question.

 

The wind blew through the forest, rattling the branches as they fought against it. Jimin shivered unconsciously, pulling his hoodie tighter against him to keep warm. The boy in front of him just continued walking on, and Jimin resisted the urge to groan. For how long is he going to go on?

 

Soon, they emerged into a clearing. Moonlight illuminated the space, casting a soft glow on the rocks littered around. Only Taehyung stepped into the clearing, and Jimin stayed in the shadows of the trees to conceal himself. He didn't want the boy to be shocked by his presence, or even feel the hostility from Taehyung when he realised he was being followed all along.

 

Jimin watched as Taehyung sat on the rock and stared apprehensively into the distance. Silence choked the air around them and the occasional sounds of the trees swaying made the atmosphere peaceful and soothing. Taehyung suddenly stood, and he laid down on the train tracks.

 

Fool. That thought couldn't resist itself from flashing in Jimin's mind. It was common sense - basic logic even - to know that lying down in this cold weather would cause him chills or the flu in the worst situation the following day.

 

That's it. Jimin came out from the trees. Taehyung raised his head as he saw a figure emerge from nowhere. Hadn't he been alone all this time? The figure came closer and reached out a hand. "Stand up." He barked, a calmly furious glare in his eyes. Taehyung took it and he got pulled up with a sudden burst of energy, making him surprised.

 

This guy is strong, he noted as he stood up. Dirt and dried leaves fell from his pants, clattering softly on the ground. The figure huffed and looked at him exasperatedly. It made Taehyung confused, scared even.

 

"How many times have I told you to not do this? Do you like getting colds so much that you'll go through all these and make me suffer alongside you? You fool, why are you still doing this regardless? I am feeling so angry yet amused at what you did. Seriously, are you still trying to prove you're an alien?" Jimin said, anger evident in his rant. He was trying to keep calm but he just can't. That boy always managed to let him blow his top, even though he might have done it unknowingly.

 

Taehyung just clocked his head and stared at Jimin, confusion obvious on his face. Jimin was puzzled too. Didn't Taehyung-

 

"I'm sorry, but who are you?"

 

××₰××

 

Taehyung screamed and rushed into the room, his eyes wild with an unknown emotion. He scanned the room and saw bodies lying on the ground. Yoongi was still fighting, a pocket knife dabbed with blood in his hands. The attacker had an advantage since Yoongi had his left arm injured. The attacker kept moving to his injured side, trying to use it to deliver the final blow. Yoongi managed to dodge the blows somehow, but from the looks of it, he couldn't last any longer.

 

Taehyung quickly got a bottle and smashed it against the table. Its shards flew as Taehyung charged towards the attacker from the back. He heavily slammed it against the side of the attacker, making him stumble ever so slightly, and Yoongi took it as a chance to stab his neck with his pocket knife. Taehyung smirked in triumph but when he looked over to Yoongi, he had already collapsed on the floor.

 

"Hyung!" He yelled, running over to cradle him in his arms. "You came." Yoongi croaked, his lips lifting in a bloodied smile. He coughed, making blood pour out faster. It seems like he was not only injured in the arm, but he might have suffered damage in the internal part of his body.

 

"Where are the others?" Taehyung asked as he used his hands to wipe away the blood as if the blood would disappear. "Dead." Yoongi's voice cracked, overwhelmed with grief. Taehyung stopped breathing for a second. What?

 

When he was lost in his state of shock, Yoongi had shuddered and took his last breath. His body fell limp and he closed his eyes. At least we're whole when we die.

 

Goodbye.

 

××₰××

 

That question sent Jimin stumbling back in shock. He had so many questions to ask but most importantly, Taehyung didn't recognise him.

 

It was a nightmare Jimin didn't expect. So, he turned around and ran away, because that was the easiest way out of this mess.

 

 


 

Words: 980