After: 12 32

Ethereal Deaths I | BTS *reupload

He stumbled back in shock, dropping his phone.

 

Taehyung is dead.

 

He couldn't register it at all when Eun said it. Tears were welling up in his eyes rapidly but he was furiously blinking them away. No way, Taehyung isn't dead.

 

But he remembered placing his fingers near Taehyung's nose and there was no breath. He was dead, with stains of red soaked into the ground around him. His light, extinguished and dead.

 

In that moment, he remembered him. Fumbling for his phone, he quickly picked it up and called him. "Hello?" a cheery voice greeted on the other line. "Hoseok yah." Yoongi rasped, his voice a little hoarse. "Why hyung?" Hoseok asked. Still oblivious to his death. "Come quickly," he said, unwilling to say more before he hung up.

 

He hoped he would come so that he had someone to rely on when he went bat crazy. He needed someone to hold him back so that he could not break more things than he already did in his previous melt down.

 

A few moments later, rapid knocks on the door brought Yoongi out of his reverie. The knocks became more urgent, with soft yells of "Hyung! Open the door!". Yoongi got up and shuffled over to the door. He opened it to see Hoseok, with his hair dishevelled. He smiled faintly at Hoseok. Hoseok rushed in and took in the mess. "Hyung?" he probed, shifting over to Yoongi. So many questions were in his eyes, but Yoongi had no strength to answer any of them. Summoning his last bits of energy, Yoongi just smiled and whispered "Taehyung is dead." before his eyes rolled over. His body turned limp and fell, Hoseok quickly darting to catch Yoongi. He hefted Yoongi and brought him to the couch, gently setting him down.

 

He surveyed the mess in front of him. Broken pieces of glass, lots of things strewn on the floor - signs of a meltdown - even the stench of kerosene wafting from the kitchen. Hoseok sighed. He grabbed a pair of gloves he stuffed into his pocket on his way out and went to find a bag. He quickly picked up all the debris and set to work, cleaning up all the mess. He had no time to grief, but he was breaking inside too. When he finished, he sat down on the neighbouring couch and took to looking at Yoongi. Tears silently streaked down his face, as he felt his heart break from seeing Yoongi in that state and also, Taehyung dying.

 

He observed Yoongi. The boy had lost some weight and he looked haggard. Messy hair, dried tear streaks and numerous scratches on his fingers. There was no trace of the swag and sassy boy in Yoongi now. It felt like he was looking at an empty shell of Min Yoongi, the lost boy he met a few years ago with nowhere to go and everything to lose. Just when Yoongi started to be pieced up, he was broken once again.

 

Hoseok remembered that Taehyung, to Yoongi, was a precious gem. He remembered how fond Yoongi was of Taehyung, even when he complained and grumbled several times about his weird actions and habits. To Yoongi, Taehyung was equivalent to Hoseok being the sunshine, perhaps even more than what Hoseok could do. Both brought joy to his life and had been part of Yoongi's heart. It helped him mend his broken pieces and find his life back.

 

Thus, Taehyung's death had been a direct hit to Yoongi. Hoseok can't deny he hadn't been affected too. This ball of weirdness, though they hadn't met for long, had managed to make a place on Hoseok's life, and Hoseok's heart. It was as if they were missing an important thing to living, and can't function without it.

 

What will become of them, now that Taehyung's gone?