Final

Light Up The Sky

“There sure are a lot of changes around here.”

 

Chanyeol turns to look around. Skyscrapers and billboards surrounding him as he stands in the streets of Seoul. Colourful lights from the LED advertisement boards and the orange glow from the street light lighting up his surroundings.

 

“Yeah.”, Chanyeol lets out a silent sigh.

 

 

“The decorations here are so beautiful!’, Baekhyun exclaimed in excitement.

 

His eyes brightened up at the sight of colourful decorative lights, garlands and ornaments decorating the tall Christmas tree in the middle of the city square. Youngsters dressed up as Santa helpers singing and dancing in the crowd, some jingling cute yellow bells and street stalls selling popcorns, candy canes and Christmas treats. The festive season was in the air and Baekhyun couldn’t wait for Christmas to come.

 

Chanyeol looks at him with a smile and said “I think you look more beautiful, Mr. Byun.”

 

“Why, thank you very much, Mr. Park.”, Baekhyun played along as he lets out a giggle.

 

Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun’s knuckles and winked at him.

 

“This is really nice considering the long day I had at work.”, Baekhyun smiles at Chanyeol. “Thank you for bringing me here tonight.”

 

“Is something wrong at work?”, Chanyeol asked, offering his lover his lemonade.

 

“Let’s just say being a newbie in the company isn’t easy.”, Baekhyun answered after taking a sip of the drink.

 

“I understand. But remember, we all learn from experiences, Baek. I’m sure you’re going to be a great lawyer in the future and you’re going to make all of us proud.”, Chanyeol encourages him.

 

“Why are you sweet, Yeol? I might die from diabetes.”, Baekhyun teases as he tightens his arms around Chanyeol’s, earning a laugh from the taller.

 

That night was cold but Chanyeol felt warm when Baekhyun strolled beside him, arms linked together along the colourful streets, as snowflakes start falling.

 

The first snow.

 

 

“We used to go to the snack shop during the holidays. Ahh, I miss those carefree days.”, Yura pouts sadly as she looks at the construction site where the snack shop once used to stand.

 

Chanyeol pushes away his thoughts and turned to look at Yura, his cousin sister.

 

“Me too. Anyway, aren’t you tired? You just landed this evening and you’re already asking me to bring you around the city.”, Chanyeol asked.

 

“Are you tired? I’m sorry for asking you to do so because my parents are still in London and Hyeri’s busy with work.”, Yura apologized.

 

She felt bad because Chanyeol fetched her from the airport right after work, brought her for dinner and is now accompanying her as she walks along the shop lots in Seoul.

 

“No, it’s okay, noona. That’s what family are for.”, Chanyeol assures her. “So, what event are you here for?”

 

“Seoul Fashion Week. I can’t wait!”, Yura exclaimed, her eyes sparkling up at the word ‘fashion’.

 

“I can see you’re enjoying your work. That’s good.”, Chanyeol smiles.

 

“Yes, I definitely am. Despite the sleepless nights in the design and sewing room, everything is worth it.”, Yura said, sipping her hot chocolate.

 

“So, you’ll be here for a two weeks? Drop by my parents’ house, I’m sure they’re happy to see you.”, Chanyeol said.

 

“Oh? You’re not staying with your parents anymore?”, Yura asked in surprise.

 

“Nope.”

 

“Aigoo! Our Channie has grown up! Living in his own house now. What happened to the boy that used to cry when he didn’t get the ball while playing volleyball at the beach?”, Yura teases.

 

Chanyeol laughed. “Hey, I’m not a kid anymore, noona.” and it was Yura’s turn to laugh.

 

“That’s right but you’ll always be one in my eyes, kid. Oh, I called a designated driver to drive me to the hotel so you won’t have to fetch me there. I know you had a long day at the company too.”

 

“Alright.”

 

Chanyeol and Yura had a small talk while waiting for the driver. In the middle of their conversation, as if there was an invisible string pulling, his gaze tears away from Yura and Chanyeol turns to look at the café a few meters away from him. A man with a black coat was walking the opposite direction, his familiar back facing Chanyeol as he walks into the crowd.

 

Chanyeol’s gaze lingered there for a short while and he his thoughts were interrupted by Yura’s tap on his shoulder. Chanyeol turned to look at his cousin who was already walking towards the car.

 

“The driver’s here. Thanks for today!”, Yura waved at him before entering the car.

 

“O-Oh! Okay, bye, noona! Text me when you reach there!”, Chanyeol waved back as he watches the car drives down the city road.

 

Chanyeol turned to look at the café again and the man wasn’t there anymore.

 

It’s probably my imagination.

 

 

“Good morning, Chanyeol.”, Jongin greeted him as he enters his office, already sitting on the sofa in Chanyeol’s office, files and blueprints on the table.

 

“Good morning, Jongin. Why are you here so early when there’s almost two hours before the meeting?”, Chanyeol asked, putting his briefcase on his desk.

 

“I thought that we should just review everything before the meeting starts. It’s a big project and I don’t want to screw it up.”, Jongin says, his face serious.

 

“That’s good but you should relax a little, my friend. We’re in this together.”, Chanyeol pats Jongin’s back before sitting beside him.

 

“I hope everything goes well. Hanguk Law Firm is sending two lawyers today.”

 

Chanyeol nods his head and starts going through the documents on the table as Jongin starts briefing him.

 

 

Baekhyun stares at the tall building before him and eyes the gold-coloured name of the company engraved on the smooth dark marble wall.

 

PARK CORPORATIONS.

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath and let out a sigh. Two years ago, Baekhyun swore to himself that he would never step foot in this company again but now, his boss is sending him here for a meeting with their client.

 

It was inevitable.

 

“Are you nervous, Baekhyun-ssi?”, his partner, Junho tapped his shoulder. He turned to look at his partner with a small smile.

 

“No…let’s go.”, Baekhyun replied and walked into the building. The faster they meet their clients, the faster he can leave this place.

 

 

Chanyeol and Jongin turned their heads towards the door of the conference room when they heard a small knock. The young company secretary enters and bows.

 

“Good morning, sir. The lawyers from Hanguk Law Firm are here.”, he announces.

 

“Good. Let them in.”, Chanyeol says.

 

Two young men entered the conference room.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Park and Mr. Kim. I’m Mr. Lee Junho and this is my partner, Mr. Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol tensed up and momentarily forgot how to breathe on his spot when his eyes landed on the male with shiny raven hair, standing before him.

 

Jongin’s jaw dropped open. He turned to look at Chanyeol and then at the man standing in front of him, panic and worry written all over his face.

 

He did not expect Baekhyun to be here.

 

Everything became heavy for Chanyeol. His head was cloudy, palms were sweating and he found it difficult to breathe. His heart was beating unsteadily as different emotions fill his body. Shock because Baekhyun was unexpectedly standing in the same room with him, happiness filled part of his heart because Baekhyun was back in Korea and nervous because his heart was still beating and thumping like crazy at the sight of Baekhyun after two years. Thousands of questions ran through Chanyeol’s head.

 

What was Baekhyun doing here?

 

When did Baekhyun returned to Korea?

 

Did Baekhyun knew that he was meeting him today?

 

His thoughts were interrupted by a cold, distant and business-like tone.

 

“Pleased to meet you. I’m Mr. Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun, confusion written all over his face. Baekhyun looked and sounded so cold and emotionless.

 

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol, his face stoic, masking his trembling heart. His grip around the handle of his briefcase tightens.

 

The tension in the air was thick, the temperature in the conference room dropped as two broken hearted individuals face each other.

 

“I’m sorry but do you mind increasing the temperature in this room? It’s chilly.”, Junho sheepishly smiled as he sits down on the chair, oblivious of the situation.

 

Jongin tore his gaze from Baekhyun and apologizes to Junho as he presses the button on the remote control.

 

It’s not the air conditioner if you knew, boy.

 

Baekhyun took a seat beside Junho, placing his briefcase on the table and taking out some papers. He noticed Chanyeol fisted his hands, knuckles turning white.

 

The meeting went quite smoothly and Jongin did most of the talking because he knew that Chanyeol was too out of it and had probably forgotten all the reviews they did a few hours ago. Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol’s intense gaze on him, boring holes into face and he felt his face burning throughout the meeting but he ignored it. He was there for work and he should not be too emotional.

 

A two hour meeting felt like two years and Baekhyun couldn’t be happier when Junho said “Alright. I guess we’re done for today. We’ll make the amendments in the contract and will inform you as soon as possible.”

 

“If the documents are all finalized and everything goes well in the Land Office, there should be no problems with the project.”, Baekhyun concluded.

 

Jongin nodded.

 

Baekhyun glanced over to Chanyeol and the latter was still staring at him. He stood up and was followed by Junho, Jongin and Chanyeol.

 

“Thank you for today.”, Jongin bowed and Junho bowed back.

 

“Thank you, too. If there’s nothing more, I guess we can leave.”, Junho turns to Baekhyun and the latter nodded.

 

“Wait!”, Chanyeol voiced out.

 

Jongin and Junho turned to look at Chanyeol. Baekhyun looked at the door of the conference room. He wanted to leave this room and this building. Now.

 

“I need to speak to Mr. Byun. Alone.”

 

Baekhyun sighed wearily and turned to Chanyeol.

 

“Um, let’s go, Mr. Lee. I’ll walk you out of the conference room.”, Jongin ushers the another lawyer.

 

“Sure and oh, Baekhyun-ssi. I’ll wait for you in the car park.”, Junho told his colleague before leaving the room with Jongin.

 

Jongin looked at the two of them worriedly before he closes the door.

 

 

Chanyeol sits down on the chair while Baekhyun sat opposite of him. Silence filled the conference room and it was deafening and suffocating for Baekhyun.

 

“When did you return to Korea?”, Chanyeol broke the silence.

 

“Am I obliged to that question?”, Baekhyun asked, his face never once lifted up to Chanyeol as soon as he sat down on the chair.

 

“I noticed you took off your ring.”, Chanyeol continued, sadness in his voice. Baekhyun eyed the silver band on Chanyeol’s finger, which the latter rubbed affectionately, a broken smile on his face.

 

Why was he still wearing the couple ring Baekhyun gifted him for Christmas?

 

Wasn’t Chanyeol married?

 

These thoughts filled Baekhyun’s mind and he felt little butterflies in his stomach at the thought of Chanyeol still wearing the ring. He pushed away his thoughts. “Why are we talking about this?”

 

“Baek, why did you meet my father-”

 

“That’s Byun Baekhyun to you in here. We are working right now and I hope you separate work and personal matters, Park Chanyeol.”, Baekhyun cuts him off in a harsh tone.

 

“We have some unfinished matters to settle. You can’t just cut me off like this, Baek!”, Chanyeol raises his voice.

 

Chanyeol was a quite a collected person but he couldn’t stop himself when Baekhyun fills him with multiple emotions and feelings causing his heart to clench and squeeze in pain.

 

“Please, just stop! Stop if you’re going to talk about this.”, Baekhyun tells him off. He stood up, grabbed his briefcase, walked towards the door and twisted the doorknob.

 

“I know the reason you left me.”, Chanyeol said in a low voice, hoping that Baekhyun would stop and talk things out.

 

Baekhyun stopped, his back facing Chanyeol and his hands still on the doorknob.

 

“So, please stay. We need to talk.”, Chanyeol half-whispered and half-begged, voice desperate.

 

“There is no need to talk when you already know the reason.”, Baekhyun says coldly without turning back and walked out of the room, leaving Chanyeol behind.

 

Tears streamed down Chanyeol’s cheek when Baekhyun walked out of the room. Baekhyun had walked away from him again and a voice rang in his head to go and chase after the man he loved but he felt his knees getting weak.

 

Chanyeol fell back to the chair and let out a deep sigh.

 

 

“You must be Byun Baekhyun.”, a man in his late 50’s broke the silence in the office, never once lifting up his face to look at Baekhyun ever since he entered the room for the past 15 minutes. Baekhyun felt like he was standing on pins and needles.

 

“Yes, sir.”, Baekhyun answered, warily. It was his first time meeting Chanyeol’s father, Chairman Park Doyeong.

 

“I’ll get straight to the point, Mr. Byun.”, the man took off his thin gold-framed, round spectacles and placed it on his desk and stood up from the black leather-cushioned office chair.

 

Baekhyun looked at the man standing before him and nodded his head.

 

“Break up with my son.”

 

“W-What? Why?”, Baekhyun asked in shock, face scrunching in confusion.

 

The old man let out a humorless laugh, walked towards Baekhyun and stopped in front of the young man.

 

“Tell me, Mr. Byun. What can you do for Chanyeol to succeed in life?”, the man asked in a casual tone but it sounded demanding and deep.

 

“Chanyeol is already successful. The housing project that he worked on was a success and the sales were great. The shopping mall project was also a success and is now the most successful shopping center in this area. Chanyeol has great potential and will continue to be successful in everything he does.”, Baekhyun answered.

 

“Mr. Byun, you only know little things about the business world do you? Those measly projects does not prove success. Sure, Chanyeol did great and most of his projects were successful but we are in the corporate world and this world has greater things to be achieved. PARK Corporations has many fields under it such as fashion, land development, hotel and resorts businesses. You need to equip yourself with strong networks and business partners to maintain and grow this company. So, how are you, a young lawyer doing your training and chambering, going to help Chanyeol, the successor to a conglomerate like PARK Corporations to succeed in life?”

 

“Chanyeol is a skilled and smart man. He will bring PARK Corporations to greater heights, sir. I don’t see the reason why I should break up with him.”

 

“You’re a great judge of person for a soon-to-be lawyer but rather clueless. You don’t have the network, Mr. Byun. In the harsh world of business, you need powerful people and allies around you to succeed. Chanyeol needs a person with great network and power for him to carry on with the company. In short, you’re not the suitable person for Chanyeol and you are an obstacle to him.”, Mr. Park tells him off, his voice displeased.

 

“Chanyeol’s business principle is different from yours, sir. Trust the potential and skills of your son.”, Baekhyun replied with a straight face but deep down, the chairman’s words grazed his heart and it was hurtful to listen to.

 

“Can’t you see that Chanyeol has greater things to achieve and greater people to meet?! He, our family and the company does not need a person like you, Mr. Byun!”

 

“Chanyeol will do so without-“

 

“He’s getting married to the heiress of Sim Logistics and both families have agreed to do so.”, the man cuts him off. “So, if you want Chanyeol to have a successful and happy life, end things with my son and not a word in this room should reach to him because I will tell him myself, as his father.”,Mr. Park continues, walking to the coat stand and slipped his coat on.

 

Baekhyun felt a pang in his heart when he heard that Chanyeol was getting married. His mouth went dry, unable to reply to the chairman, his heart trembled and his knuckles turning white.

 

“Remember, Mr. Byun. Birds of the same feather flock together.”, the man said before leaving his office.

 

 

Baekhyun remained seated on the driver seat and stared blankly. Junho had entered the firm ages ago but Baekhyun was still in the car, the encounter with Chanyeol earlier that day and words of Chanyeol’s father flooded his mind. Baekhyun didn’t know what to feel when his emotions were on the rollercoaster and before he knew it, tears were rolling down his cheeks.

 

 

Chanyeol covered his face with his palms, an exasperated sigh escaping his lips. He dragged his palms along his face and lets them fall on his thighs.

 

“What?!”, Chanyeol looked at his father in bewilderment.

 

“I said, you’re getting married to the heiress of Sim Logistics next month.”, his father said followed by a sharp gaze towards his son standing before him.

 

“No! How… just how could you meet Baekhyun behind my back, say those hurtful things to him and tell him to break up with me?!”, Chanyeol yelled in exasperation. Guilt and shame washed over him when he thought Baekhyun really fell out of love with him and that he was maybe in love with another person. He hated himself for momentarily hating Baekhyun for leaving him.

 

Little did he knew, it was his father’s act all along.

 

“Do not act like a kid, Chanyeol.”, his father warned him and continued “Do you think running a business is a joke? You are the future chairman to the company and you need to secure your position by having a strong ally like Sim Logistics!”

 

Chanyeol lets out a hollow laugh and looked at his father, eyes empty. “Do you even think about how I feel? Have you ever once listened to my opinion? Do you even think of me as your son?”

 

“Chanyeol!”, his father roared in anger.

 

“Do you?!”, Chanyeol questioned again.

 

“It’s final! Both families have agreed to it and do not disappoint me because Sim Logistics has been our most loyal business partner.”, his father said in an authoritative tone and walked away from his son.

 

“I’m sorry, father. I can’t do that.”, Chanyeol replied, his fists curling up.

 

“What?”, his father stopped and turned around to look at his son.

 

“I will not get married to someone that I don’t know and love. So don’t bother with this marriage and don’t bother looking for me because I’m moving out.”, Chanyeol gave his father a final look and walked out of the mansion.

 

 

“America?!”

 

“Yes, Mr. Park. Our firm sent him to America for overseas training for a year.”, Mr. Han, the owner of Hanguk Law Firm said, smiling proudly. “Baekhyun’s got a bright future ahead of him.”

 

“When did he leave?”, Chanyeol asked, eyes widening into size of saucer plates.

 

“He left last week. Is something wrong?”, the elderly man asked out of concern when Chanyeol’s face turned pale.

 

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes as memories from two years ago clouded his memory. He pulled his phone out and scrolled through his contact list. He paused at Baekhyun’s name, typed a message and sent it.

 

To: Baek

Meet me at Sky Lounge this Friday night. I’ll wait for you.

 

 

Baekhyun stood in front of the entrance to the lounge and thought of his conversation with Kyungsoo over the phone last night.

 

“You’re so frustrating, Baekhyun. Why are you shutting Chanyeol when he’s the one reaching out to you? Nobody likes being left without a proper explaination and that was exactly what you did to him.”, Kyungsoo vents out on the other side of the line, frustration and disappointment highly hinted in his voice.

 

“There is nothing to explain when he knows the reason, Soo.”, Baekhyun defended himself.

 

“If he knows it, then it’s easier to talk things out! Why are you running away from your problems? Look, you left him and you’re blaming yourself because you were a coward for not telling him but did you know that Chanyeol lived with guilt for the past two years?”, Kyungsoo decided to give Baekhyun a cliffhanger.

 

“What?! Why?!”, Baekhyun sat up straight, brows furrowing.

 

“You’ll find out if you meet him tomorrow.”

 

“You sure have a way with your words, Soo.”, Baekhyun groaned.

 

“Just give a shot. Talk things out because I know you two still love each other.”, Kyungsoo said softly.

 

 

He takes a deep breath and pushes the glass door, making his way into the lounge and eyes automatically scanning the wide area for Chanyeol. He looked around and saw him sitting at the furthest and secluded corner of the bar table.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat upon reaching the table and Chanyeol immediately whipped his head around. Their eyes met and Baekhyun felt his cheeks warming up, his heart started beating at a quicker pace when Chanyeol smiled at him.

 

“You came.”

 

Baekhyun nodded and sat beside him, some distance between them but Chanyeol didn’t mind because Baekhyun came. He begins to feel that there may be hope for them.

 

Chanyeol poured some beer into Baekhyun’s glass and the latter gulped it down, the liquid flowing down his throat, hitting the right spot.

 

“I’m not married, Baek. I didn’t get married.”, Chanyeol said, looking at Baekhyun.

 

The smaller turned to look at Chanyeol with mixed emotions. He was shocked but happy and relieved that Chanyeol wasn’t married, pained at the thought of them going through difficult and painful times. The both of them didn’t deserve this pain just because of humans’ greed and it was unfair.

 

Chanyeol showed his fingers and slightly wriggled his ring finger, showing Baekhyun their couple ring, a shiny glow coming from it.

 

Baekhyun broke eye contact and took the beer bottle, poured the liquid and drank it.

 

Chanyeol explained to him everything that night. His fight with his father, him finding out that Baekhyun went to America for training, his father demoting him from his position in the company, and him apologizing to Baekhyun for failing to protect him and all Baekhyun could do was drown himself with alcohol that night.

 

 

Chanyeol carried a drunk Baekhyun into his apartment and gently placed him on the sofa. Chanyeol bent down to have the same eye level as Baekhyun. The last time he saw Baekhyun drunk was 3 years ago, after a new year eve’s party at Sehun’s place, they ended up making out on the couch of their shared apartment.

 

Baekhyun lets out a soft whimper, muttering “I’m sorry. I was wrong.” in between hiccups and Chanyeol caresses Baekhyun’s cheek with his thumb, a gesture of comfort and it worked because Baekhyun stopped whimpering and fell asleep.

 

He carries the smaller into his room and laid him on the bed. He washed Baekhyun’s face, changed his suit into a comfortable attire and in the middle of it, he saw a thin and fragile platinum chain around Baekhyun’s neck with a familiar silver ring attached to it.

 

Their couple ring with a C&B engraved on it.

 

A small smile forms on his lips at the thought of Baekhyun still keeping the ring. Baekhyun may had remove the ring from his finger but he kept it near his heart by wearing it around his neck.

 

After making sure Baekhyun was comfortable, he sat beside the sleeping figure and gently brushed Baekhyun’s bangs to the side, a comfortable smile on his face.

 

Baekhyun was still as beautiful as ever and no one could ever replace Baekhyun in his heart because he had never once stopped loving Baekhyun and though there was momentary hatred towards Baekhyun, there was still love for the raven-haired male buried deep in the core of his heart.

 

His gaze lingered on Baekhyun for a few seconds before he leaves his bedroom.

 

 

Baekhyun’s eyes slowly opens and he sat up, palms covering his face. His head hurts but the pain was tolerable. He looks around the unfamiliar room. Sunlight seeping through the window bind giving the cream coloured walls surrounding him a soft orange glow, a mahogany wooden table by the window with a few books neatly arranged on it. His eyes travel to the corner of the room and he sees his reflection in the mirror by the black cupboard and realizes that he was not wearing his clothes.

 

Baekhyun lets out a soft gasp and looks at the white tee on him, he scrambles off the bed and sighs in relief that his lower body was covered with a grey sweatpants. He sees a small note by the lamp table and reads it.

 

 

Good morning! Wash up and come out for breakfast.

 

 

He puts back the note and wandered around the bedroom and saw a polaroid picture of him and Chanyeol smiling, wearing reindeer headbands. It was taken on Christmas two years ago. The last Christmas they spent together as a couple.

 

Chanyeol???

 

After washing up, he slowly opens the door and heads to the kitchen when he heard water running from the faucet. Baekhyun peeked through the kitchen entrance and saw Chanyeol washing some utensils. Sensing someone there, Chanyeol turns his head towards his direction causing the smaller to jump in surprise.

 

“Oh,you’re awake. Are you feeling okay?”, Chanyeol asked him, his deep and smooth honey voice melting in Baekhyun’s ears.

 

“I-“, a high pitched voice came out and Baekhyun clears his throat in embarrassment. “I’m fine.”

 

Chanyeol turns away, hiding his smile. He turns off the gas and walked towards a blushing Baekhyun.

 

“I made some soup. Have it for your hangover.”, Chanyeol smiled and ushering Baekhyun to his seat.

 

“Thanks.”, Baekhyun said softly when Chanyeol placed a bowl of beansprout soup in front of him.

 

They drank their soup in silence and Chanyeol would occasionally catch Baekhyun stealing glances at him and all he could do was smile like an idiot when Baekhyun’s face was coloured with different shades of red.

 

“The soup was nice.”, Baekhyun broke the comfortable silence between them while doing the dishes. Chanyeol earlier refused the young lawyer’s help but relented when Baekhyun said he felt bad for crashing into his apartment.

 

“You’re welcome. My cooking skills did improve.”, Chanyeol said and Baekhyun could feel him grinning.

 

“That’s good to hear.”, Baekhyun chuckled, turning off the faucet and wiping his hands with the kitchen towel. He looked at Chanyeol with a smile.

 

Everything felt so nostalgic and comfortable with Chanyeol standing beside him, doing the dishes in the kitchen, talking and smiling to each other. How he missed those days.

 

Baekhyun’s smile slowly fades away and he wondered whether those days would occur to him again. Silence fell between them as they stare at each other.

 

“Did you really think that I will be happily married to a person that is not you, Byun Baekhyun?”, Chanyeol asked, breaking the silence.

 

Baekhyun kept quiet, his eyes on the verge of tears but did not break eye contact with Chanyeol.

 

The taller took a step forward and gently cupped Baekhyun’s cheeks and said “Because I don’t think I will ever get married to a person that is not you.”

 

Those words hit Baekhyun hard.

 

Hot and fresh tears filled with mixed emotions stained his cheeks and the smaller started crying uncontrollably, fists shaking. Chanyeol pulls him into a warm and comforting embrace as Baekhyun leaned against his chest, letting out his bottled up feelings as his fingers fists the hem of Chanyeol’s tee.

 

“I’m sorry, Yeol. I should’ve told you that we met and I should’ve fought for us but I was a coward.”, Baekhyun said in between cries. He regretted it so much that his heart ached.

 

“No, Baek. It’s not your fault.”, Chanyeol whispered into Baekhyun’s ear, rubbing circles on the smaller’s back and telling him it’s okay.

 

They stayed in their position until Baekhyun stopped crying and had calmed down. Chanyeol tilted his head to the side to look at Baekhyun leaning against his chest, his nose red, slightly red cheeks and puffy eyes wandering off into the morning view of Seoul city.

 

“Feeling better?”, Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded. The taller tightened his arms around Baekhyun’s waist, burying his head beside Baekhyun’s.

 

“I missed you so much.”, Baekhyun whispered, arms circling Chanyeol’s waist. He closed his eyes, inhaling Chanyeol’s scent and reminisced about how he used to be in Chanyeol’s arms everyday.

 

“I missed you too. More than you can ever imagine.”, Chanyeol said and he could feel Baekhyun smiling.

 

Chanyeol pulls back and looked at Baekhyun who was giving him a playful smile.

 

“I’m serious! I have never once stopped loving you, Baek and I will never stop loving you. Scouts honor.”, Chanyeol declared, holding up three fingers.

 

Baekhyun laughed and said “I never doubted you, Yeol.”

 

“So, what do you say, Baek? We pick up where we left off?”, Chanyeol asked, looking at Baekhyun with nothing but pure adoration and holding Baekhyun’s hands.

 

“I’d love to.”, Baekhyun smiles affectionately at Chanyeol, intertwining their fingers.

 

They spent the whole day cuddling and holding each other, sharing sweet kisses and warm hugs to make up for everything they missed for two years.

 

 

Chanyeol’s index finger taps on the steering wheel of his car, following the beat of the song coming from the radio as he waits for Baekhyun who was in the café, buying coffee for them before they go on their trip.

 

Chanyeol smiles to himself at the thought of dinner at his parents’ house with Baekhyun last week. They were greeted warmly by his parents and Chanyeol was nervous when his father requested to speak with Baekhyun in private after dinner. Before he could say anything, his father told him “I’m not going to bite his head off, son.” with a soft and fatherly smile, something new to him. He vividly remembers his father’s and Baekhyun’s face after their little talk, and when Chanyeol sees Baekhyun smiling widely and his old man chuckling, he smiled and didn’t pry further. Everything had went well and his parents had approved their relationship.

 

“Why are you smiling like a love-struck fool?”, Baekhyun asked upon entering the car, holding two cups of hot Americano.

 

“Because I am.”, Chanyeol winked at his lover earning a laughter from the smaller.

 

“You’re impossible.”, Baekhyun handed the paper cup to Chanyeol which the latter gratefully took and sipped it.

 

“Stargazing, here we come!”, Baekhyun clapped his hands in excitement, his cute crescent eyes sparkling up. They were going on a stargazing trip to Yeongyang and Baekhyun was so excited that he could barely sleep last night.

 

Chanyeol grinned at the sight and intertwined his fingers with Baekhyun’s and asked “Before we start our journey, there’s a place that I want to bring you to, is it okay?” and Baekhyun nodded with a smile.

 

Chanyeol starts driving and soon, Baekhyun realizes the familiar road they were on.

 

“Yeol, where are we going?”, Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol but the taller only replies him with a big smile on his face. Baekhyun turns to look out from the window as the car enters the familiar neighbourhood.

 

Chanyeol parks his car in the parking lot and Baekhyun comes to stand beside him, looking at the tall building in front of him. He turns to look at Chanyeol but the latter smiles and intertwines their fingers as they walk into the building.

 

Baekhyun stares at the number plate attached to the door as Chanyeol punches the code to open it.

 

Unit 2706.

 

It was their shared apartment where they used to live two years ago.

 

“Come on.”, Chanyeol pulls Baekhyun in the unit. The furniture were still there in their old position and it was clean. Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol in puzzlement because how could the unit still be clean and well-maintained when it had been unoccupied for the past two years?

 

“I-uh, hired someone to clean this place every two weeks since that day, just in case you’d change your mind and decide to come back here.”, Chanyeol pulls the back of his neck. “I came here every week, hoping to see you too.”

 

“Yeol…”, Baekhyun whispered as he look around him.

 

 

“Yeol, I can do this by myself. So, can you please continue vacuuming the carpet?”, Baekhyun said, tiptoeing on the small stool trying to clean the ceiling fan.

 

“No, Baek. What if you fall and break your hip? I can’t see you getting injured.”, Chanyeol tightened his arms protectively around Baekhyun’s waist, burying his face into Baekhyun’s stomach. He looked like an oversized koala clinging onto Baekhyun.

 

“Park Chanyeol, your nose is tickling me! I might fall for real!”, Baekhyun groaned as tingling sensations started forming when Chanyeol nuzzles into his stomach, pressing butterfly kisses on his shirt.

 

“But I’m here so you won’t fall.”, Chanyeol murmurs into Baekhyun’s shirt.

 

 

“Thank goodness, your fever is going down.”, Baekhyun sighed in relief, his palm on Chanyeol’s forehead.

 

“I told you I will be fine, Baek.”, Chanyeol said, his voice hoarse.

 

“I’m not fine. You worry me when you’re sick.”, the smaller said, biting his lower lip as he looks at Chanyeol with worry.

 

 

“Baek?”, Chanyeol sat beside Baekhyun.

 

“Hmm?”, Baekhyun hummed in response, eyes still on the book he’s reading.

 

“If you were a vegetable you'd be a cute-cumber.”

 

“I hate cucumbers.”, Baekhyun deadpanned, flipping to the next page.

 

“Did you sit on a pile of sugar? Cause you have a pretty sweet .”, Chanyeol continued.

 

Baekhyun cringed at Chanyeol’s sudden cheesiness. “Why are you being like this?”

 

“You seem lost, here’s the map to my heart.”, Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a toothy grin.

 

Baekhyun turned to face Chanyeol. “What’s going on, Yeol?”

 

“Your lips look so lonely...would they like to meet mine?”, Chanyeol puckers his lips.

 

Baekhyun bursts out laughing and leans forward to kiss Chanyeol.

 

“If you want a kiss, just say so.”, Baekhyun giggled.

 

“It’s funnier this way. And I get to distract you from the book.”, Chanyeol pokes his tongue out, a playful expression on his face.

 

 

“Are you seriously going to watch the entire movie in this state?”, Baekhyun looks at a shirtless Chanyeol, exposing his toned muscle and lean abs.

 

“Why not? It’s hot here.”, Chanyeol plops down beside him, sipping on the cold apple cider.

 

Baekhyun mentally curses because Chanyeol’s side profile is so gorgeous and he’s shirtless too. Why is Park Chanyeol looking so y tonight?

 

The latter turned to Baekhyun, startling him.

 

“W-What?”, Baekhyun stutters, earning a teasing smile from Chanyeol. The taller shifts his position, hovering over Baekhyun and trapping his boyfriend with his arms.

 

“Should I wear a shirt?”, Chanyeol teased.

 

“Yes. I mean, no. If you want to, go ahead but I’m not stopping you.”, Baekhyun squeaked, earning a laughter from Chanyeol.

 

 

“Do you want to move back here?”, Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun, a soft smile gracing his lips.

 

“Yes.”, Baekhyun whispered, hugging Chanyeol.

 

 

“This is perfect.”, Baekhyun said, lying down beside Chanyeol as they look at the stars in the sky that seemed to shine brightly for them. The cool breeze blew into their faces and they inhale the scent of nature. It was peaceful and calm and Baekhyun couldn’t wish for anything more than being under the stars with the man he love, enjoying each other’s company.

 

Chanyeol turns to face Baekhyun, caressing Baekhyun’s hand with his thumb.

 

Baekhyun looks into Chanyeol’s brown and soft orbs, getting lost and falling deeper in love with the man lying beside. Baekhyun feels butterflies in his stomach and his heart races like crazy. Everything went back to square one and he falls in love with Chanyeol all over again.

 

“Baek.”, Chanyeol said, sitting up and Baekhyun sits up too, facing him.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You are the light in my life and the star in my universe, shining brightly and guiding me through the paths in life. We’ve been through so much together and I’m very happy and blessed to have you by my side again. I hope we can be there for each other in hard times, support each other, love one another and walk through life together forever. I have never once stopped loving you and I will continue to love you more from now and in the future. I’m eternally yours, Baekhyun.”, Chanyeol said, his eyes sparkling and looking at Baekhyun with pure affection and love.

 

“I’m yours too, Park Chanyeol. Forever.”, Baekhyun wraps his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and kisses his lover’s ear before saying “I’ll stick to you like glue.”

 

Chanyeol took out a black velvet box from his pocket and Baekhyun breaks the hug, looking at Chanyeol opening it, revealing a pair of gold rings with a C♥B engraved on it.

 

Baekhyun widened his eyes and looked at Chanyeol, grinning.

 

“Byun Baekhyun, will you do the honour of marrying me?” Chanyeol proposes to Baekhyun, smiling nervously.

 

“Yes! I do, Park Chanyeol!”, Baekhyun cries out, his heart swelling with love and happiness as he lunges into Chanyeol’s embrace, sending Chanyeol lying on the ground and Baekhyun on top of him.

 

“Thank you, Baek. I love you so much.”, Chanyeol whispers into his ears and kissed Baekhyun’s temple.

 

Baekhyun looks into Chanyeol’s eyes, grinning widely. No words can express how much Baekhyun loves Chanyeol. Baekhyun leans in and kisses Chanyeol deeply on the lips and Chanyeol tightens his arms around Baekhyun’s waist, kissing Baekhyun back.

 

“I love you, Yeol. So, so, so much.”, Baekhyun murmurs in between the kiss and Chanyeol smiles in the kiss.

 

Byun Baekhyun is the only star he needs.

 

The star that shines so brightly, lighting up the sky in Chanyeol’s world.

 

 

 

 

 


MY CHANBAEK FEELSSSSSSSSSSSS I'm so gay for them.

Here's the sequel to One Last Time! Thank you so much for the upvotes, subscribes and comments for One Last Time. I can feel your loooooveeeeeeee.♥♥♥

I hope this fic satisfies your curiosity guys. Oh, and to those who stumbles upon this fic. I suggest you guys to read One Last Time because Light Up The Sky is the sequel. ^^ The link is below.

One Last Time

This will probably be my last fic for this year because uni is starting TT

Do subscribe, comment and upvote if you like this fic :*

Thank you dear subscribers and silent readers! I love you guys. ^^