Impression (EXO's Kyungsoo)

Just for the Length of a Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Impression

(ft. EXO's Kyungsoo)

Inspired by: Wait - EXO

1510 Words - No warning applied

Your heels clicked on the busy sidewalk, rain pouring and hitting your umbrella like a drum beat. You could feel the water splashing around you as many people hurried around, their feet hitting the puddles and making a mess of your shoes. You sighed to yourself as you felt droplets wetting the bottom of your legs and looked down, trying to avoid stepping into the water.

 

As much as you loved pouring rain when you were under a roof, safe from getting soaked, you couldn’t help but mentally curse at that day’s weather. It was an important day, and being late or soaked was definitely out of the question.

 

You had taken several hours to get ready, that morning. Making sure that your black skirt stood without a single crease, that your white blouse was tucked in perfectly and that your black jacket was clean. You were wearing your most professional attire for this was your first important interview for the different job applications you had sent in a few weeks prior.

 

Since your graduation, you had been struggling to find a proper workplace that would actually take you for your capacities and for what you had studied so hard for. You knew the first impression was a must for this kind of job and the rain was not at all helping your situation. Not only the crowd of people walking around you was slowing you down, but the weather was so close to ruining all professionalism.

 

“Careful on your left!”, You heard someone scream behind you but you were too busy looking down at your feet to avoid the deep puddles. You turned to look behind you but you were a few seconds too late. A bike was making its way right towards you and you shrieked, stepping on the side clumsily. You heard your right heel crack as it hit the concrete and barely a second later, you were at the mercy of gravity, umbrella flying in the air along with your purse as your body fell down to meet the sidewalk.

 

You closed your eyes, anticipating the worst but instead of colliding to the ground, your back met what felt like a torso, and two arms gripped onto your shoulders, preventing your fall to end in a water puddle. You stayed rigid in the stranger’s embrace, scared to open your eyes and look at whoever just prevented a terrible outcome.

 

You were put back on your two feet and you finally caught the courage to look around. The bike was long gone through the crowd and you sighed, eyes rummaging to look for what was left of your purse and umbrella. You found them quickly and bent down to grab both objects but another pair of hands was quicker than yours and you stared up, eyes finally meeting with who had saved your life that day.

 

You blinked a couple of times, not too sure if the rain pouring was altering your vision and it made him laugh. You immediately noticed his lips seemed to shape into the form of a heart when the man did so and it made you smile, too. The stranger stood back up and so did you, your eyes still glued to his that were hiding behind wet round glasses. Well, wasn’t he one adorable stranger?

 

“That was close”, he started, arms stretching towards you to hand you back your soaked possessions “if I wasn’t there to catch you, I don’t think anyone else would have. I’m glad I did” His voice was deep and smooth. You wondered why you noticed that detail.

 

You smiled at him and took your umbrella and purse, “I owe you a lot, thank you.” You said to him, attempting a step closer to get out of the crowd’s way and closer to the building near you. You had somehow forgotten that your heel was torn off and lost your balance, the stranger once again catching you and helping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter