Chapter Three

Taste Of Your Own Medicine

The day had finally come and Hanbin was buzzing from excitement. Jiwon noticed but just thought it was pre-party jitters.


“Babe,” Jiwon called, amused while watching Hanbin prance around the apartment, “Calm down a little.” He caught Hanbin by the waist and brought him in for a hug, pressing his chest firmly against Hanbin’s back.


"No way,” Hanbin chirped, “I’m excited to see Junhoe again.” Jiwon stiffened at Junhoe’s name.


“…He’s going to be there? What about Jaewon?” Jiwon sounded protective and possessive and Hanbin smirked internally.


Jiwon knew about Hanbin’s past with Junhoe and, even though it was over between them, he was still a little iffy about it.


"Jaewon decided he didn't want to go anymore, so he's making Junhoe go instead. And he’s bringing his friends, too.”


“Huh.” Jiwon’s short answer made Hanbin dance on the inside.


doesn’t it? He snickered in his mind.


He looked at the clock and jumped, leaving Jiwon’s hold and dragging him to the door.


"It’s time to go!” They left and got into the car, Hanbin humming as they arrived at the hotel the function was taking place at.


After Jiwon gave their keys to a valet, they walked into the hotel and Hanbin looked around in awe of the luxuriously decorated lobby. “No matter how many times I come to parties like this, I’ll never get used to how beautiful and elaborate it is.”


Jiwon looked at him lovingly, “It’s nothing compared to you, Hanbin.” Hanbin blushed, looking away from Jiwon’s warm eyes.


“Y-yah, stop being such a sap,” he said weakly, feeling his heart race. Jiwon chuckled and kissed him on the head before linking their arms and walking around, greeting the other guests.


Maybe I shouldn’t go through with the plan anymore?Hanbin thought uncertainly. He chewed on his bottom lip and looked around anxiously for Junhoe before landing on a figure that made him burn with anger.


Lee Jeihyun, the daughter of a new money CEO, was making their way to them, eyes trained on Jiwon’s face. She had a huge crush on Jiwon and didn’t care that Jiwon was dating Hanbin. The worst part was that Jiwon didn’t refute her flirty actions.


“Jiwon-oppa,” she called out sweetly, glaring at their connected arms before smiling at Jiwon.


“Oh,” Jiwon said, surprised, “Jeihyun-ah, I didn’t know you’d be here.” She giggled and walked to Jiwon’s other side, placing a hand on his arm.


“Of course I am, oppa,” she pouted, “Daddy has me go to all his functions nowadays. Says I need to find a good man,” she trailed her hand up Jiwon’s arm to his shoulder suggestively and Jiwon, that fool, just laughed.


Hanbin carefully molded his face into a blank look. Forget about cancelling the plan, he thought viciously, It's going on full speed ahead.


He gently extracted his arm away from Jiwon’s grip and kissed his cheek, “I’ll go now,” he murmured, “I want to find Junhoe.” Jiwon focused his attention to Hanbin, frowning briefly, but Hanbin left before he could say anything.