2/4

A Little Thing Called Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I tried to think positively but whenever I see Oh Sehun's face, I got reminded of our huge again, and age is something that I can't change. Sometimes, I would find myself staring at him and his biceps subconsciously when he carried the heavy production equipment and Oh Sehun would smile to himself when he caught me looking at him - that's when I know I have stared at him more than I should. There are other times where it's the other way round, Oh Sehun would always glue his eyes on me whenever he has the chance to do so. I am surprised our team mates have not suspected anything fishy about behaviour. 

"You know, there is something that has been troubling me for the past few days Editor Choi."

I looked up from my Macbook as Tiffiany sauntered in front of me with her favourite pink crown pen in her hand.

"What?" I then diverted my attention back to the articles.

Tiffany leaned towards me. Why do people love leaning over my table and towards me so much?

"There is something fishy about you and that rookie."

I gulped, "W-Who?"

"Oh Sehun."

My pupils dilated anxiously, "What are you talking about?"

Tiffany dragged the swivel chair opposite me and sat on it, "Jinri, nothing escapes my eyes. I have seen the way you two looked at each other, more like the way he looks at you. But anyway, are you guys dating?" 

"What?" I shot her a disbelief look. "No!" I denied. 

"No? I can tell that Oh Sehun seems to like you more than a normal colleague should," Tiffany reasoned as she continued to probe, "Spill it. Good things are meant to share"

I knew there is nothing I can hide from Tiffany. She was born with that capabilities of looking through someone's heart, and most importantly, lies.

"Nothing Tiffany," I rolled my eyes with an irritated expression.

Tiffany flipped her voluminous brown curls over her shoulder, "Then I will enquire from Sehun myself."

"Yah!" I grabbed onto her wrist before she can do anything recklessly, "Okay fine, yes he told me he wanted to woo me."

Tiffany gasped dramatically. 

"When did that happen???"

"During his first day of work."

"Wow! So he came to join our team for you??" Tiffany clasped her hands, "What was your response?"

"I told him off and I said we are impossible because I am freaking six years older than him."

"No Choi Jinri, you are mad!!! Age is just a number!! Stop being so adamant!! You need to accept that man so you can get married and have kids before you become an old hag."

I narrowed my eyes at the dramatic girl, "I can't be bothered with you," I flung my arm in the air to swat her away, "I have to visit the studio to check the progress for the cover shoot."

Tiffany grinned to me, "Don't be shy. Just pin your lover boy on the table and show him who is the boss."

I stared at Tiffany who clawed like a cat and wriggled her brows at me with my mouth widely opened. Shaking my head, I grabbed my phone and made my way out of my office before I get to hear more of Tiffany's crazy idea. 

 

"Editor Choi."

Everyone at the bustling studio greeted me the moment I entered. Unlike the previous times, which was a complete mayhem during every single shoot, everyone at the set seemed a little more relaxed now. Walking over to Heechul who was hovering over the desktop as he vet the photos taken, he gave me a short acknowledgement. 

"How is the shoot?"

Heechul folded his arm with a solemn expression, "The models couldn't really portray the feels that we are want at the beginning and we all were so frustrated. One of the models was hold up by her previous shoot. But that young lad is pretty good."

I directed my vision to where Heechul was looking and who he was referring to. It was Oh Sehun. He was deeply concentrated in his job and I found that charming. 

"He handled everything calmly and did I mention I love the photos he took? Ever since he joined our team, we are able to knock off early as Sehun never fails to capture the type of photos that we want. He is gold. We can't let that young lad off our hook."

I chortled, "That's good to hear."

As someone who has been in the industry for years, I could easily tell who has a fervent passion in the things they do. Oh Sehun, is definitely one of those who poured his whole heart and give his all in something that he really loves doing. I have seen some of the photos taken by him for his school projects through his online portfolio and every photo he took seems to convey a certain story, a certain emotion. He is talented and I can't help to say that his talent could be used in taking greater landscape and should not be wasted here, where he works with models. Did he really apply for this job just for me? 

"It's a wrap!!"

I got snapped out of my trance as Heechul shouted and everyone clapped as they ended work earlier than they expected.

"Are you leaving soon?"

"Not yet, why?"

Heechul pouted, "Well I thought I could hitch a ride from our amazing and beautiful Editor Choi."

I chuckled and pushed him slightly, "Go home by yourself Kim Heechul."

Just when Heechul and I ended our banter, I felt Sehun's gaze on me but instead of smiling, he was frowning. Everyone was gradually leaving the set, except for Sehun, who was still dismantling the production equipment. Suddenly, the studio seems to get a little colder when the only people left were Sehun and me. 

"The photos you took were great. Good job," I complimented Sehun, but he didn't respond excitedly like he used to do when he sees me. Did he experience a bad day? Or was he finally tired of giving his attention to someone who will never reciprocate? 

My shoulders sank a little and I have no idea why I was feeling that way. Since he was giving me cold treat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter