Koala Me Please

Koala Me Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok watched dreamily as Hyungwon talked with one of the many fangirls at the fansign event. The floor behind them was filled with gifts, and he can feel the slight change of wind on his back as their manager paced back and forth along table where  members sat.

Today’s fansign event was more chill, much more laid back compared to their first day there. Somehow between the past few days, the members had managed to change their seats, and now here he sat, happily next to Hyungwon in the middle of the other members. He was so distracted, that he did not notice the girl kneeling in front of him.

“Oppa, are you alright?” , she asked softy. Hoseok broke out of his reverie and turned his attention to the girl who was blinking at him in confusion. He covered himself by giving her a charming smile.

“Sorry to keep you waiting! Haha… So how was your day?” He asked as natural as possible and on they went. A few girls went by and he was in the middle of answering a fan’s question when suddenly, in the corner of his eye, a massive block of grey caught his attention.

A girl was carrying a huge, and he meant huge teddy bear, which upon closer inspection turned out to be a koala bear. The girl stopped in front of Hyungwon and handed the koala to him. Hoseok gaped as Hyungwon laughed, needing to stand to lift the heavy koala over the table, knocking over a pen and an empty water bottle, barely missing the album on the table.

“Wow! This is awesome! Is this really for me?” Hyungwon asked the girl, peeking over the fur to actually see the said girl. Hoseok watched intently as Hyungwon struggled with the koala, having no where to place it until he finally decided to just hold it in his lap. The girl blush, nodding cutely and happily replied.

“Yeah, I saw it online and it reminded me of you. So, I decided to buy it for you as a gift. Do you like it?”

Hoseok felt his insides twisting up as he continued to watch their interaction openly. On the other side of Hyungwon, he could see Minhyuk looking very alarmed at the way the large furry leg swung close to him, leaning back and creating a gap between him and Hyungwon. Hoseok would have laughed at his friend, if he wasn’t so distracted by Hyungwon and the girl.

It was disgustingly sweet, and Hoseok was one minute away from throwing up if their manager doesn’t show up to stop their conversation soon. Fortunately, their manager answered him by taking away the big koala bear from a reluctant Hyungwon and telling the girl to move on. He giggled as their manager waddled away, heaving the human sized koala bear backstage, because it simply would not fit anywhere near the stacks of gifts behind them.

The girl pouted in disappointment but she cheered up again when she shuffled towards Hoseok. Hoseok feigned hurt, grabbing his chest in the most dramatical way.

“I’m so broken-hearted! How could you give him something and not give me anything? Do you love him more than me?! I shall die in misery!” He said and dramatically slumped on the table. The girl laughed at his antics and Hoseok laughed along too, the weird twinge in his chest long forgotten.

 

-000-

 

To say that Hoseok was frustrated was an understatement. It was several weeks after their last fansign and Hyungwon was more than attached to the koala bear. Every day, Hyungwon carried his koala every chance he gets back at their dorm, and to reasons unknown to anyone, also decided to name it James.

Out of curiosity, Hoseok did ask once, in which the reply was, “James is appropriate don’t you think?” Hoseok rolled his eyes when he turned away.

Hyungwon carried him to the couch to cuddle with it when he watched movies in his free time, and it sometimes Hoseok wondered why his stomach felt queasy when he saw Hyungwon with James on movie nights.

Other times, he would caught a glimpse of Hyungwon hugging it in his room at night. Needless to say, Hoseok was kinda of, mostly likely, probably a little jealous of the inanimate object, which is ridiculous and pointless but he couldn’t help it. He wanted to be in Hyungwon’s arms and get drunk at the thought of Hyungwon enveloping him with warmth and his nose breathing down his neck. He sighed.

He was watching Hyungwon snuggling with his new favourite toy on the couch when Kihyun sat beside him and poked his cheek.

“Stop sulking or your cheeks will get all wrinkly and gross. Why are you even moping anyway?” He asked and nudged Hoseok off. Hoseok sighed again.

“You don’t get it, Kihyunnie. You’re too young to understand the adult world.” he leaned on Kihyun’s shoulder and continued. “ I’ll explain when you’re older.”

Kihyun bristled and shrugged him off. “Yah, I’m only younger than you by eight months you idiot!”

He smacked Hoseok on the head, but Hoseok ignores him to sulk even more as Hyungwon buries his face into the koala’s chest. Kihyun groaned and shook his head.

“You know, if you keep making that face, Hyungwon is never going to date your ugly because you wouldn’t be any cuter than the koala.” He teased his hyung in a whisper and Hoseok glared in return.

“Keep saying that as I crush you under my muscles you brat.” Hoseok growled and swung his arm around Kihyun’s neck with Kihyun squealing and giggling as he tried to wriggle free. He looked at Hyungwon, making sure he was not listening before glaring at Kihyun and speaking directly in his ear.

“And if you say another word about me liking him in his presence I would tear you apart from limb to limb. You clear?” And with that, Kihyun chuckled nervously before nodding quickly, not willing to be the victim of his hyung’s rage. Seeing that Kihyun is not going to tattle tale, he released him and returned his gaze to Hyungwon, now nodding off with James in his clutch.

 

-000-

 

It’s a Wednesday, and everyone was out doing their own thing except for Hoseok, who had a free schedule. He took the opportunity to sleep in, walking out of his bedroom at 12 in the afternoon. He was on his way from the bathroom to the kitchen to grab something to eat when a spot of grey caught his eye. James was laid on the couch in the living room today, facing the side. Hoseok squinted his eyes, scrutinizing it before slowly approaching it, his goal for breakfast already forgotten. He stood in front of James, a frown forming as he stared down at the koala.

“What’s so special about you?” he tilted his head and went on with his imaginary conversation.

“You think you’re cuter than me? Huh? Stealing Hyungwon’s affection just like that?” Hoseok said and snapped his fingers. He waited a while, almost as if he was waiting for an answer.

“Oh yeah? You think you can just waltz into his life and wriggle your way into his heart by looking all fluffy and squishy?” He asked, this time kicking it slightly before sitting down next to it.

“Well think again, James. He’s mine. Well…eventually…I hope.” Hoseok finished off weakly with a sigh, slumping into the couch and laid his head next to the koala. He stared at the wall for a long time, thinking what the hell had gotten into him, arguing with a toy of all things and even contemplating if Hyungwon would return his feelings for him. He’s just so tired.

He sighed, and decidedly ran his fingers through the koala’s fur. Hoseok is amazed at how soft it feels, almost similar to Hyungwon’s hair, although the latter feels much silkier compared to the koala but no matter. Now looking closely, James do kinda look like Hyungwon, in a way. He had the sleepy eyes, the cute nose… and not to mention it smells like him. He took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. Gosh, he’s such a ert.

“I guess you are cute. But only because you remind me of Hyungwonnie…” He mumbled, gently running his hands through its fur. He felt his eyelids droop, and before he knew it, he was sleeping on the koala, Hyungwon’s scent lulling him to dreamland.

 

-000-

 

Click

“Shh! Don’t wake him up!”

Click Click

Hoseok groaned, wanting more sleep but the constant giggles and whispers prevented him from doing so. He buried his face into the cushion of softness beneath him, inhaling the mixed scent of him and Hyungwon.

“Aw…He’s so cute!”

“Do you think he’s imagining that the koala’s Hyungwon right now?”

Hoseok moaned and sat upright so quickly, it made the two culprits jumped. Hoseok glared at them as the two figures crouched in front of where he laid and crossed his arms.

“Yah Jooheon, Minhyuk. Leave me alone I wanna sleep.” He warned but Minhyuk ignored him and cooed at Hoseok’s ruffled hair and swollen eyes.

“He’s like a little baby, I’m going to die from cuteness! Right Jooheon?” Minhyuk asked the other and Jooheon nodded with a sly smirk.

“I agree. We even caught you snuggling and calling out Hyungwon’s name in your sleep~” Jooheon teased and cackled with Minhyuk as Hoseok shot them a deadly look. He opened his mouth to threatened them but Minhyuk cut him off.

“And look hyung!” he said as he shoved his phone to Hoseok. Jooheon snickered on the side, obviously and failing to hide his amusement.

“The video got so many likes and retweets already!” Hoseok stared dumbly at the video of him cuddling the koala. He ignored his friends who are openly laughing to scroll down, his mind not interpreting some of the words on screen.

 

Omg, it’s Wonho oppa!

Isn’t that Hyungwon oppa’s koala?

THAT’S SO CUTEEE <33

Yasssss finally some action! Go Hyungwonho!

I knew it Hyungwonho is real! Kyaaa~

 

He blushed at the last tweet. Hyungwonho? Is that a thing monbebes came up with?

Hoseok tossed the phone to the end of the couch and hid his red face under the koala’s giant leg. Under the fur, he felt himself burn as he drowned in humiliation. He can hear Minhyuk and Jooheon laughing and it fuelled his rage. He withdrew his head from beneath the koala and pounced on the two, wrestling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter