The Lost Patrol

One Night In Bangkok

“hnnnnnn”

“Jinyoung” said Jackson “don’t cry because we’re lost. Cry because you’re ugly”

The younger pushed Jackson “I’m not crying. I’m whining”

“same thing” snickered Jackson and received a light punch from Mark “ow, what was that for?”

“for bothering Jinyoung and getting us lost”

“aish, I’m getting us back to the hotel, ok? Tell me the name”

A moment of silence settled in, where only the background noise of Bangkok streets could be heard. Mark blinked countless times “I-I don’t know. Jinyoung?”

“don’t look at me. You guys are the hyungs. You guys should know”

“we may be your hyungs” said Jackson “but you are far more responsible than us” to which both him and Mark insisted with a nod. Jinyoung raised his hands “w-what? You’re pushing your fault at m--?”

“—shhhh” hushed Jackson as he spitted with a finger on his lips.

“b-but—”

“—shhh” he insisted again and this time he shook his head as he crossed his arms “tsk, tsk. Just admit it’s all your fault we’re lost”

Now, Mark rolled his eyes “your joke’s going too far. You’re gonna make him cry”

Jackson pointed at Jinyoung “too late”. The Korean singer was hiding his eyes with his hands. Mark went over and hugged him “see what you did, Jackson?”

“w-what?” he answered as he waved his hands “he just did that to earn affection from you”

“Jackson, seriously. Jinyoung is not like that” he turned his friend around and they began walking towards another one of the market streets. Jackson was left open mouthed. Suddenly, Jinyoung turned his face and stuck out his tongue. “you must be kidding me?” protested Jackson as he let his arms flop down his body. “MARK!” he yelled but the other two continued walking. “I said MARK!” he repeated that countless times until the other two finally did stop. Jackson who was jogging behind them to catch up, slowed down when he saw the other two stopping in track “finally giving up, I see” he grinned. As he approached, he saw their heads looking down at the ground. There, in front of them, stood a monkey. It was a tiny one, like the ones performing in circuses. “wowww! Is that a monkey?” asked Jackson as he kneeled next to it.

“no, that’s a mirror” giggled Jinyoung and received a glare from Wang “Mark, if Jinyoung ends up dead someday, remember to visit me in prison”

Mark rolled his eyes “whatever. I won’t let you touch a single hair in his head anyway”

Still preferring him, I see. Said Jackson in his head. Let’s see who wins by the end of the day. He glared at the younger.

“Jackson. If you keep staring at me like that, the monkey will eat your ear”

what?” questioned Jackson as he turned his face and was met with the animal sitting on his shoulder “hahahah he’s so light, I didn’t even feel him. Hahahah it tickles”

“I think he likes you” commented mark

“everyone likes me” added Jackson as he smirked and patted the monkey’s head

“everyone likes their own species, I see” said Jinyoung with a hand on his chin. What bothered Jackson the most, is that he said it with a straight face.

Jackson stood up and seeing as the animal didn’t move, he said “looks like he’ll be sticking with us for now”

“I don’t have a problem as long as it doesn’t eat what I’m going to buy” said Mark as he took out his wallet.

“yay, I’m hungry” Jinyoung drew small circles on his stomach. They walked toward a small shop and ordered grilled pork. They waited as they inhaled the amazing aroma the food emitted while getting cooked. Mark then paid and grabbed the pork, giving each one his share. Some words were said in between bites, like “food!”, “this tastes amazing” and some Mandarin words Jinyoung didn’t understand. As Jackson finished his pork and his lips, he said “Mark, can you buy more”

“what? Why me?”

“cause you’re our hyung” explained Jackson as he puppy eyed. Surprisingly, Jinyoung joined him in doing that, even though the younger hadn’t even finished his share. Mark stared at them unconvinced but rolled his eyes “oookaaay.” He put his hand in his pocket to take out the wallet but took it out right away “my wallet”

“what’s wrong with the wallet?” asked Jackson with a worried face

“it’s gone”

“what?” asked Jinyoung as he eyed the ground in search for it. He was met with the monkey staring at him “hey, the monkey has it”

Jackson turned and took a squat position “hey there. Mind if I take that thing?” he stretched his hand but the animal hid the wallet behind his back.

“there goes your wallet” sighed Jinyoung

“there go all our wallets” said Jackson as he pointed at the Monkey. It was showing two other wallets he was holding in the other hand that had been behind his back. It suddenly escaped and entered a loud crowd.

JACKSON, TAKE THE WALLETS” ordered Jinyoung.

“I’m not a dog”

“JACKSON, CHASE THE MONKEY” ordered Mark and now Jackson waved his tail and ran behind the animal. Mark yelled “WE’LL BE WAITING HERE” when he saw his friend enter the crowd. The two boys sat on a bench and waited. Sometime later, Hong Kong came back. They stood up “Jackson, did you catch it?”

“I could only get one. It fell from its hand. The monkey was much faster than me” he huffed

“you’re useless” said Jinyoung as he grabbed his wallet

“what? I wanna see you trying”

hey, hey. Guys, stop it. We’ll just have to find the monkey for ours. It couldn’t have gone far” interfered Mark

“how come you’re so calm, hyung” asked Jinyoung

“cause I’m not the one who had a picture of when I was a baby, inside the wallet”

“who has?”

Jackson flopped on the floor “NOOOOO! SOMEONE’S GONNA SEE”

Jinyoung facepalmed himself “is that what you’re worried about? We have to find the damn monkey

Jack suddenly got up “hey, now we have a reason to catch it”

“didn’t we already have a reason though?” said Jinyoung as a statement more than a question.

The three began walking towards the street where the monkey went running to.

“hey, if we find it, can we keep it?” asked, obviously, Jackson

“what the , Jackson. No. Do you know how hard it is to raise a monkey?” said Mark

“I don’t think it’ll be that hard. Considering we already have Jackson and Bambam living with us…”

 

In the other side of the town, Bambam sneezed “achoo”

“bambam, did you catch a cold?”

“I’m fine, Yugyeom. Someone must be talking about me”

 

Jaebum was going crazy. He kept going around and around by the blocks but Youngjae was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, as he sat down in a squat position to take a break from all the running, he heard noises. More like someone screaming. He looked at his right and at the end of the street was parked a black car. “looks like the ones the mafia uses”. Suddenly, a group of men appeared, carrying a man “oh poor guy. If it really is the mafia, then he’s doomed” thought JB. But when they threw the guy in the backseat, the said guy stuck his head out the window and yelled “HEEEELP!!”

“, Youngjae!” JB recognized who that was.

YOUNGJAE!” he yelled as he ran to get to the end of the street, but the car ran off. When JB finally arrived, all he saw was the car going away ” he grinned his teeth.

Unlike the other three, JB found his way back to where he got separated from the other two. It was then easy to get back to the hotel from there. He was a little sweaty when he was seen by the others “hyung, what happened?” asked Yugyeom as he got up from the sofa. They were in the hotel lounge.

“I am so sorry” he bowed and that action made the youngers show a very, very, worried and confused face

“w-what are you sorry for?” asked Yugyeom and looked behind JB “where’s Youngjae?

“…..”

“… hyung, where’s Youngjae?”

“….”

“HYUNG!” he snapped and grabbed the leader by the shoulder “where is he?”

JB didn’t look at neither of them “… he’s gone

Bambam’s lips trembled as he fell on his knees and bowed his head “NOOOO”

“Bam—”

“—he was so young and innocent. Why did he have to die”?

“Bamb—”

“—I’m sorry I once stole your blue spray, Youngjae hyung. I needed it to color Jaebum’s socks”

“Bambam, he’s not dead”

“what?” he asked as he lift his head “but you said he was gone?”

“gone as in he also disappeared”

“oh”

“and what did you just say about my socks? Was it you that tinted them? Do you know how long it took me to decolor both socks and shoes????”

Bambam sent his flashy smile while he scratched his head with one hand and sent a peace sign with the other “heh, heh, heh. I don’t know what you’re talking about but I know it’s not important right now” he got on his feet “because we have to find him”

“and the others”

“and the others” repeated Bambam after Yugyeom. His face showed that he was trying as much as possible to change subject. JB rolled his eyes “let’s not waste any more time. I’ll take you where I last saw him. We’ll stick together so nobody else gets lost”

“what if someone comes back?” asked Bambam

“well, this is the hotel. They’ll be safe here, and hopefully Jinyoung and Mark will stop Jackson from escaping again”

They were about to leave when the young rapper asked “b-but shouldn’t we inform--” he tilted his head and whispered “--JYP--” before continuing “--of what’s happening?”

“We should…” answered the maknae “… but we won’t”

“why not?”

“because they’ll ban us from vacation this year and they’ll blame JB for all this since he was put responsible”

Bambam turned his head and saw JB puppy eyed “leader hyung, you’re not the cute type”. Those words made him drop the aegyo act.

When they arrived at the crime scene, JB began pointing “that’s where the car was”

“what car?” asked Bambam, confused

“the black mafia car”

“what black mafia car?”

“oh, didn’t I tell you guys that Youngjae was kidnapped by the mafia?”

The youngers looked at each other before answering “NO!”

“hmmm are you sure?”

“you said he disappeared, not that he was abducted” explained Yugyeom as he waved his hands in the air. Now, Bambam really wanted to flop on the floor and whine again but the light bulb on his head, for once, lit up. “guys” he interrupted the others who were arguing “all we have to do is find him”

“oh, that’s very clever, Bambam” said JB “you know, we haven’t thought about that yet” to which Yugyeom tried to control his chuckles

Thai boy rolled his eyes “I meant, we should find the mafia’s whereabout. Once we find the kidnappers, we find Youngj—”

“wow, wow, wow” he was interrupted by a raised hand from the maknae “are you telling us to find the mafia? Do you want us to die?”

that’s the only way we can find him. Unless you have some other plan?”

Yugyeom pouted while looking at the late afternoon sky for a while, then replied “I got nothing

That’s why right now, Bambam was going around between the stores next to them to see if someone had seen who took Youngjae. He was the only one who was fluent, or actually, the only one who knew Thai. None of the workers knew where the mafia stayed or frequented, better yet, they were scared to tell. Until a guy came up to him “hey you

The idol turned and looked at him. He had a dangerous look on his face but he didn’t look like he meant any harm, so Bambam answered “yes?

JB and Yugyeom were next to him but couldn’t do anything other than watch. They were afraid the guy might do something since Bambam was driving everyone’s attention with his red hair and nice distinctive features. Bangkok was a dangerous city where anyone could be lurking around the corners. Thankfully, all the man did was talk with him in Thai.

“heard you’ve been asking around for our location”

Bambam’s eyes suddenly lit up “yes! Can you tell me where you guys frequent?”

The guy raised an eyebrow before lighting a cigarette and smirking “I shouldn’t be telling anyone about this. Specially such an innocent looking young man like you but I’ll make an exception.”

JB and Yugyeom watched with close attention as the man approached Bambam and whispered something in his ear, then left after exhaling a large smoke in the air. “what did he say?” asked the leader

“he said they frequent a club named NKYŪNG”

“so, the guy just came up to you and gave you the name?”

“yeah”

“without asking anything in return?”

“he said something about this being interesting and wondering what would happen. I don’t know what he meant though”

Yugyeom sighed “guess we’ll be heading there today”

“you mean, tonight?” argued JB as he pointed at the sky. It was late in the afternoon and the colors showed it. It was almost like seeing fire. Yellow melting with orange covered their heads and no signs of clouds were spotted. Yugyeom checked his watch “It’s almost 7 o’clock. Shouldn’t we wait for tomorrow?”

“No. What if something happened to Youngjae? As the leader, the responsible, and as a friend, I wouldn’t forgive myself”

Yugyeom sighed “haaa guess you’re right”

They spent 30 minutes asking around for direction and then 30 minutes actually heading towards their destination. When they finally found the place, they shrunk their bodies like minions.

“B-bambam, are you s-sure it’s here?” stuttered the maknae as he looked at his surrounding

“According to what people said, it should be right down this path” pointed Bambam ahead of him. The narrow path between two buildings was not clearly visible because of the lack of light. It was around 8pm and shadow already lurked the streets of Bangkok. The three boys glued themselves together and walked cautiously. To their left was a group of smokers who looked at them creepily. To their right stood some they-assumed es. JB quickly blocked the youngers’ view with his hands to prevent them from seeing… adult things. They may be 19 and 20 years old, but we’re talking about Bambam and Yugyeom here. Yugyeom is too pure for this world and Bambam… well, he’s Bambam.

The leader led them ahead till there was nothing else except a big red door guarded by a muscle man next to it. “Hyung, are we there yet?” asked Yugyeom as his view was still covered

yeah” answered JB as he took out his hands from both kids “what does it say in the big letters?” he asked pointing at what was written on top of the door

“it says NKYŪNG”

“and what was our club called?”

“NKYŪNG”

Yugyeom made a terrified face and hugged JB’s arm “a-are we supposed to g-go in t-there?”

The red door looked creepy. The muscle man looked creepy. Not to mention the es that waved at the maknae looked so damn creepy to him. “we have to do it for our friend” explained JB as he pushed the giant maknae away from his arm.

Yugyeom sighed “man… I really wanna sleep in the hotel”

 

“Man… I really wanna sleep in the hotel” whined Jinyoung as he kicked a rock.

“jinyoung, we all want to sleep, not just you” explained Mark as he ripped some tree leaves he had picked up on the road.

“if it weren’t for JACKSON” Jinyoung raised his voice at the last word so the concerned guy could hear him clearly “… we wouldn’t be here, lost, in the middle of nowhere, at night”

Jackson glared at him “we get it… JUNIOR he did just like the other and received a glare from him

don’t call me Junior. I’m Jinyoung”

“whatever… Junior. It was you that wanted to come with us so do blame it on me

They kept arguing and Mark rolled his eyes. He lived practically every day categorizing Jackson’s voice as a background noise. Now, he just had to dump Jinyoung with him. He stopped walking when he heard music “hey guys”

The two others stopped arguing and looked at the oldest

“don’t you hear that?” he asked and soon went running somewhere

“MARK!” yelled Jackson before following him. Jinyoung took only 1 second before finding himself running next to Hong Kong. They stopped when Mark stopped in front of a big building that screamed “TOO COOL FOR YOU” with all its lights and colors.

“w-what is this place?” asked Jinyoung in awe

you still have your wallet, right?” asked Mark and received a nod “well… this is a casino… we’ll try to get ourselves a room for the night”


A/N: guys, how is the story so far? please comment so I can know where I need to improve myself. It would really mean a lot to me. Also, please upvote if you like the story <3