Chapter 2

That Spring, This Autumn

Morning came quicker than Eunji expected. She groaned as she could hear Chorong yelling for her to get up from outside the door. Eunji looked up at the ceiling and smacked herself a couple times to get herself together. 

"You gotta stop these thoughts Eunji-ah. It will not do anyone any good" she whispered to herself as she forced herself up out of bed. As soon as her feet touched the ground, they were met with another pair of feet. Eunji looks up and to her surprised it was Hayoung. 

"Ah um..." Hayoung started, she couldn't meet Eunji's eyes which made Eunji frown a bit. 

Eunji quickly gave one of her signature cheeky smiles, "I know Hayoung-ie. Thank you for coming to wake me up. Go out and eat breakfast." 

"Ah yes, I will unnie," replied Hayoung, smiling back at Eunji as she exited the room. Once she left, Eunji looks sadly towards the way Hayoung left. She was determined to make everything normal again for her and Hayoung. 

Their schedules consisted of mostly dance and singing practices, and when it finally came for their break everyone was on the floor resting. Eunji looks up from her phone. She sees Bomi and Chorong at one side of the room, next Naeun on the other side chatting with a backup dancer unnie, and finally the maknae line in the corner only paying attention to their phones. Eunji contemplated on the right time to go talk to Hayoung.

"If I do it now, wouldn't the rest of members know? I don't want to burden them." she thought to herself. Suddenly Namjoo gets up and wipes the dirt from her pants.

"Chorong-unnie! I'm going to the bathroom!" said Namjoo as she made her way to the door.

"Okay, if anyone else needs to go they should go now. We should start again soon so that we can leave early." instructed Chorong. 

"I'm gonna go too Namjoo-unnie! Wait up!" Hayoung yelled, quickly getting up to catch up with her unnie. Eunji eyes downcast as she sees Hayoung's figure leave.

"I missed my chance..." she thought to herself, then went back to looking at her phone with disinterest. Eunji didn't even notice Chorong sit beside her.

"Yah, Eunji-ah." Chorong says, but Eunji ignores her. Chorong rolls her eyes and smacks Eunji's arm.

"Ouch! Unnie! Why'd you do that!?" complained Eunji while rubbing her arm where Chorong hit her. 

"You ignored me Eunji-ah. That's very rude, and not like you."

Eunji doesn't look Chorong in the eye, "Shouldn't you be playing with Bomi?" 

"What's wrong Eunji-ah? You've been pouting since this morning." asked Chorong, with a soft tone.

"I don't know what you're-" 

"Don't lie Eunji...you pout when you think no one is looking at you." 

"I can't hide anything from unnie, can i?" said Eunji, with a small laugh.

"That's right, now tell me what's wrong." 

Eunji contemplated on how to approach this whole situation. She was very sure of her feeling towards Hayoung but never told anyone about it. Chorong lifts Eunji's face so that their eyes met. 

"Ah well unnie..." started Eunji. 

Hayoung was at the sink of the bathroom waiting for Namjoo to finish. She looked at her reflection and could only feel guilt. 

"I must of made Eunji-unnie feel bad. She's been pouting all day." Hayoung thought to herself. She thought of the incident that happened this morning. Even though to someone else it may of been something small, she felt very guilty. Hayoung doesn't know if Eunji knows that she saw Eunji's frown when she couldn't speak properly. Her heart was just at all sorts that morning. It broke her heart even more seeing Eunji sad every time they took short breaks. 

"Pabo-ah Hayoung..."

"Why are you calling yourself pabo, Hayoung-ie?" asked Namjoo as she came out of the stall. Hayoung covers as she just realized she said that sentence out loud. 

"Uh nothing unnie!" Hayoung quickly said, hoping that Namjoo doesn't pry.

"Anyways, what's up with you and Eunji unnie?" Namjoo asks nonchalantly she washes her hands.

Hayoung's eyes widen, "What do you mean unnie?" she replies. Namjoo dries her hands and walks towards the taller maknae. 

"Don't lie to me Hayoung. I know something's up when I sense it, plus Eunji has been pouting all day and you've been trying to avoid her. So tell me what's up."

"There's nothing to hide from you unnie," said Hayoung with a sigh. Namjoo gives Hayoung her full attention. Her eyes focused on what Hayoung is about to say.

"I like Eunji-unnie." Hayoung says with defeat. 

"What? What do you mean like? I like her too!" 

"No unnie...as a woman..."

"Ohh..." Namjoo looks at Hayoung with caring eyes, "well...when did this happen?" 

"Uh it's been developing for a while now, but I just confirmed my feeling when we were writing the song for the special album," Hayoung continued, "I wrote the lyrics for the pandas of course, but..."

"But...?" questioned Namjoo. Hayoung looks are her in the eyes.

"But I also wrote them for Eunji-unnie because I like...maybe love her," tears started to well up in Hayoung eyes, "But I think she figured it out and now I've ruined things between us!" the tears now started to fall down Hayoung cheeks. Namjoo pulls the taller girl into an embrace, while trying to keep her own tears in. Seeing the baby of the group also made her sad.

"Awh Hayoungie, well did you even talk to Eunji-unnie?" Namjoo hands a tissue to Hayoung for her to wipe her tears. 

"No, but I've made things awkward this morning because I couldn't speak correctly. I think she's faking it so that no one asks." 

"Hmm well this won't do." Namjoo ponders a bit. She wanted to help Hayoung as much as she can. Then a plan clicked in her head. 

"Unnie we should go soon before the send someone to get us." suggested Hayoung, she made her way towards the door but was stopped by Namjoo.

"Hayoung you trust unnie?" Namjoo asks a puzzled-face Hayoung, but nonetheless Hayoung nodded in agreement, "Okay I have a plan to help you and Eunji unnie." 

(A/N:)

Yay update! I was stuck on this chapter for a while, but I listened to Urban Zakapa's "I Don't Love You" because you know Haji is in somewhat denial of their feelings. Uhh been a while since I've a written a fic, so if the plot doesn't make completely make sense I apologize in advace. I will improve! Anyways, I'll maybe wrap this one up in the next chapter or so. We'll see how much free time college can give me. Till next time!