I

Pure heart

 

 

“Zhu ni sheng ri kuaile

Zhu ni sheng ri kuaile..”

 

 

A hall of more than a thousand people were filled with balloons, ribbons and happiness. Though it wasn’t big considering their popularity but definitely, no one could ever forget this party.

At first, everyone was surprised when SM informed that Super Junior M would celebrate their 3rdbirthday by a fanmeeting in Vietnam. Yes, your eyes are still working well, it was in Vietnam. People went crazy, fangirls were screaming everywhere. Leeteuk had promised to come back, and now, they were really coming back to that beautiful, mild and friendly country. Everything was like a dream, except the part that it’d be Super Junior M. All kinds of reactions could be seen in the community of fans, some were flying in heaven, some were exiled in hell, and of course there were some who got all confused while trying to decide which way to go.

After a while, the madness cooled down, Super Junior M fans swiftly took their opportunity and booked their tickets. Some of the people who had been hesitating then chose to join the flying group. A country of nearly 90 million people, only some hundred tickets were sold. SM would absolutely cancel the event. People who had been happy now became sad and on the contrary, ones who had been irritated now became satisfied.

However, in everyone’s shock, they announced that the fanmeeting would still go on whatever happened. And even more, other members from Super Junior would also come as guests. Now, people could truly understand what was heaven and what was hell.

 

“Happy birthday Super Junior M!

Happy birthday Siwon oppa!

Happy birthday Zhou Mi ge!

Please make a wish!”

 

All the people there were shouting joyously while six members of Super Junior M gathering around a huge cake.

- Wait, wait a minute! – Ryeowook suddenly ran out of the circle and pulled Eunhyuk over – Hyung, come here, quickly! It’s gonna be your birthday soon too.

 

“Hana.. Dul.. Set.. Phuuuuuuuu..”

 

Right after the candles were blown out, the twelve boys hastily fought for the biggest slice. Only until their leader knocked on each of their heads that they stopped, sat down calmly with craving eyes towards the cutie lovely cake.

 

All Super Junior M’s famous songs, “Me”, “At least I still have you”, “Super Girl”, “Blue tomorrow”.. as well as their new comeback songs, were performed in the cheer of the fans. Other members also helped making everyone go crazy. Above all, a combination of KRYZ (Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Yesung and Zhou Mi) in a ballad took away all the fans’ hearts. This would be the most wonderful memory to any fangirls, fanboys, fanladies.. But then..

 

"I'm getting tired," Heechul suddenly yawned in the shock of everyone, his face looked all bored, "Someone entertain me!"

After a minute being all dazed, Leeteuk saved the situation with his famous laugh and said, "Yeah, we’ve always been the one performing on stage. Does anyone have a surprise for us today?"

 

Silent..

 

That was awkward. All the people in the hall secretly looked at Heechul. If it had been anyone else, they would have been beaten up. But that was Hee nim, who dared to touch only one of his hairs?

"Come on! You’ve prepared for this since forever," a small whisper broke the frozen atmosphere. Everyone’s attention was drawn to the place where it came from.

It was a girl with short black hair. Though she wore punk style make up, her cuteness still showed. Seemed like she was still in high school. She repeated to her friend sitting beside, "You gotta show them! Just once, can you please believe in yourself?"

Feeling her ears heating up, the friend turned to look around. Everybody including the twelve boys were eyeing on her. Sighed, she carefully took out a roll of paper from her bag and stood up. The silence of curiosity and enviousness had turned into a much more pleasure feeling. Not a breath taking beauty but she surely had the ability to becalm people. Long straight hair and light make up, simple white t-shirt and plain tight jeans, low heel shoes which still couldn’t shorten her height, on the way to the stage, everyone stepped aside to make room for her. Eyes looking straight, only her hands crumpling the papers showed that she was nervous. Got onto the stage, she slightly bowed to greet the boys then quickly took the seat next to the keyboard Ryeowook had just used to play “One fine spring day”. Placed the papers that now revealed as music sheets in front, she took a deep breath.

"This is a song I wrote for you," the girl said in a low, soft voice just a little louder than a murmur and started playing.

Though it was a slow song, no one had any tiny feeling of sadness. Her long thin fingers dancing graciously on the keys as well as the rhythm of the song drew their memories back to the young and innocent days. Until a minute after it ended, there was still no move. And suddenly, a sound of clapping hands broke the silence. It was Heechul again. He always had the best reflex. Then the whole hall burst out in applause. Already dazed by her appearance, no one had expected that much but her performance really carried them away.

"Wow, amazing! Do you play in a band?" Leader asked with admiration and led her to the front of the stage.

"No, I only study piano at the Conservatory of Music," she turned to answer in Korean before the interpreter started, her face blushed when realized all the members gathering around her.

"Ah, not too surprised," everyone breathed out.

"You said you wrote it for us? You study composing too?" Ryeowook appeared right next to the girl all of a sudden and almost gave her a shock.

"No, I only compose for fun," her voice lowered as she spoke.

"For us?" noticing that she still had some difficulties understanding Korean, Henry asked in English, "What’s its name?"

"No one names their songs like you," Zhou Mi laughed but his nice, clear accent still impressed everyone, "A song for your Strings and you called it “Sick of love”?"

"Uhm, I haven’t named it yet," the girl seemed more eased speaking English, "I’ve only composed the melody but couldn’t find words for the lyric."

"For who?" only now that the others understood what they had talked about and all spoke without order, "Which one did you write it for exactly?"

"Err.. I wrote it for all of you," she was perplexed because of the eagerly boys around.

"Nah, we don’t believe it. There must be someone you like the most and you thought of him while writing, right?"

Her cheeks all reddened but she just stood still. Siwon stepped beside the girl and said to his brothers, "Stop teasing her!" Then he turned to smile, tried to comfort her, "Thank you! The song was really great. And just ignore them! They’re always like that when a beautiful girl is around."

"Yeah yeah, we know you’re the perfect gentleman. Get out!" all the others pulled him aside and immediately fought for his place, "You wrote it for us, so it’s ours, right? Then we’ll sing it. But only the one you wrote it for will sing. Now, who do you like the most?"

She halted for a second, then mumbled in , "Siwon ssi.."

"Aishh, whatever we do, it’s no use," the members were pissed off, "Should we send him to a place with no girl? South Pole is cool too, right?"

Looked at Siwon’s shy but beautiful smile from a far distance, the girl felt her face totally hot. Hastily gave Leeteuk the music sheets, she then ran back to her seat in the regret of everyone.

"We’re really thankful for your gift!" Shindong winked at the girl who buried her face into her friend’s back and swiftly took the place of an MC, "Now, I bet you all have more to show us, right?"

“I can sing and dance.”

“I’ve drawn some pictures of you.”

“We’ve prepared a video.”

..

The hall almost transformed into a chaos but in everyone’s eyes, there was happiness and enthusiasm. This had officially become the best fanmeeting ever.

 

 

***

 

 

SM Ent

1 month later

 

"Ok, boys, settle down! I need to have a word with you," the male manager shouted to get everyone’s attention, "We’ve already had 9 songs for the comeback.."

"Hyung ah, we can't take you seriously in that outfit!" Kyuhyun pointed at the manager in orange pants, yellow t-shirt and blue flashy jacket, "You look exactly like a parrot."

"Hey, those are my clothes!" Zhou Mi fought back and turned to the pained manager with two thumbs up, "Totally fashionable, hyung ah!"

Gave him a big grin, the parrot then continued, "Now, do you guys recommend anything?"

"Ryeowook must have something right? He always has," all the members looked at him and blinked naively.

"No, I've been busy with M’s comeback. Haven’t got time to work on anything else," he said sadly.

"Ah, don’t we have a song from a fan? Siwon’s girl?" Eunhyuk wildly shouted as if he had found a diamond mine.

"Yeah, that one was beautiful!" the boys nodded in agreement, "We can use it."

"But we don’t know anything about the composer," manager hyung began to speak, "How can we name her on the album?"

"Then find her!" Siwon said plainly.

"So you can meet her again?" they all turned to him and asked with mocking smiles.

"No no, it’s not that!" he waved his hands hastily.

"It’s ok, you don’t have to deny that hard! We understand," Heechul smiled to ease him but behind his feather fan, he whispered to Zhou Mi loud enough for everyone to hear, "It’s time we married him off. Should be prepared for nieces and nephews soon too."

"No, I've never thought about that!" the poor boy was still trying to save himself.

"Don’t worry baby! We’ll have it all settled for you," Heechul made a laugh exactly like a stepmother in fairytales.

"Ok, so I’ll try to track her," the manager in Zhou Mi’s colorful outfit swiftly stopped them from pushing the talk to far far away, "But you guys still have to prepared for something else too. It’s not easy to find a person."

"Isn’t SM the best at tracking down talents? That’s why we’re here," they all agreed with leader’s words in the noisiest way.

Frightened of the self-praise, manager hyung drew a smile and cut off their excitement, "Ok. Less chitchatting and more practice! We still have tons of work to do."

 

 

***

 

 

"Have you found her yet?" Ryeowook asked in the dressing room at his musical some days later.

"I'm sorry, not yet.."

 

 

"Have you found her yet?" Eunhyuk asked while going to Super Junior’s Foresight.

"No, not yet.."

 

"Have you found her yet?" Leeteuk asked on the way to Kiss the radio.

"Not yet.."

 

..

 

"Have you found her yet?" Henry asked after a late meal.

"NOT YET!!!!!!!" the manager furiously screamed out and almost scared the boys to death, "Would you guys please stop asking me every hour? Do you know how hard it is to find a person in that country?"

"I thought all the fan meeting tickets were booked online? She had to give some information to book it, right?" Kyuhyun showed his IQ of a Math Olympic winner.

"There were some booked by fansites too," his manager explained sadly, "I couldn’t find out anything about her."

"No one can forget that girl!" Sungmin suggested, "Have you tried fanaccounts?"

"There must be thousands of them!" manager hyung cried in panic.

"Then let’s start right now!" the twelve boys excitedly shouted.

 

Searching through fansites, looking for fanaccounts, sometimes they felt exhausted but seeing how much their fans loved them, they found the strength to continue. And Sungmin was right, no one can forget that girl, none of them.