The. Assignment. Is. Due

Even If I Die, I Can't Let You Go

 

-IU’s POV-

I’ve been leaving lolly’s everyday on his locker, and he always takes it. Does this means that he likes me?

No way you idiot. He does not even know it is from you… Why do I always imagine the impossible?

I walked away from my locker, shaking my head.

After I had a wardrobe make over, the bullies would not even come near me anymore. I guess that is all it takes. Determination to stand up against them.

I was doubly nervous today. First things first, we will be performing our duet on stage for the whole school to watch. It will then be graded by a panel of teachers and subject to voting by the students. Winning means a lot to me. It will help me secure a scholarship to a university of my choice.

Secondly, WooYoung has asked to see me after our duet. There was no need to see each other after our performance and my mind was about to drive me crazy with all the possible scenarios of what might happen.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm down, focusing on my reflection in the mirror.

“It will be alright IU. All will be well.”

I inhaled deeply and exhaled, picking up a makeup brush. I still have a lot of work to do before I am ready to stand on the stage.

-WooYoung’s POV-

Little did she know that I was watching her from the door. Her silhouette; her reflection in the mirror. Pure beauty.

I watched her closely as she carefully drew of foundation on her already flawless skin. Next came the eyeshadow, eye liner, lip liner, lip colour and lip gloss. She gently removed rhinestones from their packaging and dabbed a little makeup glue on them, securing them at the corner of her left eye. It was meant to represent teardrops. Finishing it off with the elaborate feathery hairband, she finished her makeup.

It was breathtaking to see her like that. I’ve watched many girls put on makeup, but no one does it as elegantly as she does.

I knocked on the door gently before I walked in.

-Nobody’s POV-

WooYoung walked towards IU, locking his eyes on her.

“Are you ready?” He asked her, his voice full of concern.

“Yeah. I am. Just finished my makeup. What about you? I know, my makeup looks really bad-” She started babbling, making a clear indication that she was nervous.

“Whoa whoa… Calm down girl. We practised this many times, we are going to be alright.” WooYoung said, chuckling at her.

“I hope so,” She sighed. “I would not like to be a burden unto you.”

He offered his arm to her, and she gladly took it as they both walked onstage to face the curtains that would soon reveal them to the world.