Two

Pointe Shoes ✣ NEo

The three winners stood up on the stage, shining under the glorious spotlight. All eyes were on the ballerina who placed first, but Taekwoon couldn't tear his gaze from the ballerina who placed second.

 

The tanned dancer smilied brightly, holding a small bouquet of mixed flowers in her arms. When Taekwoon looked closer, he noticed that they were lavenders, forget-me-nots, and baby's breath.

 

The off white leotard brought off the ballerina's skin tone nicely, making her shine brighter than the first placer in Taekwoon's eyes.

 

Her name was Cha Hakyeon.

 

-

 

Hakyeon walked of the stage, gripping the bouquet in her hands closer to her body. The warm air of the crowded backstage hit her once she got off the last step.

 

"You did great out there!" A voice said as a pair of arms wrapped around Hakyeon's body.

 

"Thanks, Jaehwanie." Hakyeon said, detaching the youngers arms from her body.

 

"How is it possible for you to look so pretty as a girl? I'm amazed. But I still prefer you as a boy."

 

"Wow, thanks." Hakyeon mumbled, turning to face Jaehwan.

 

"I really wish I knew what colours your outfit would be; I would've gotten moonshine yarrows and yelllw arum lilies instead of forget-me-nots and lavenders." The younger said.

 

Hakyeon smiled in return, "It doesn't matter, the flowers are lovely." 

 

Jaehwan tried to convince the elder that it wasn't okay, as Hakyeon tried to convince him that it was. He knew that the florist loved to have every bouquet look pleasing to ones eyes and their situation.

 

Jaehwan never really cared for the meaning on flowers, which wasn't exactly a good thing, but he only cared for someone's interest with the colours.

 

The two bickered back and forth, only to be stopped by a small chuckle of another man.

 

They stopped immediately, Hakyeon blushing a bright red out of embarrassment. He bowed down quickly, greeting the tall man in front of them.

 

"No need to do that." The taller said frantically, meeting the ballerinas gaze once she stood back up.

 

"My name is Taekwoon," he said, bringing his hand out to shake hands with the shorter. "Congratulations on second place."

 

"Thank you," Hakyeon smiled, "My name is Hakyeon."

 

They shook hands, and Jaehwan introduced himself to the judge standing in front of them.

 

"Well, I must be going now." Taekwoon said, his eyes drifting to Hakyeon's hands. "I hope I can see you dance again."

 

 

--

did i mention that I'm bad at updating?