One

Pointe Shoes ✣ NEo

Taekwoon sat in the air conditioned auditorium, twirling a pen between his fingers as his eyes followed the current performer. The spotlight was bright against the darkened room, kind of hurting Taekwoon's eyes.

 

He shifted uncomfortably in his chair, which was positioned a little too close to the other judges for his liking. He set the ballpoint pen on the paper in front of him, jotting down another note as the ballerina stumbled on the landing of her tour en l'air. 

 

If Taekwoon was watching the performance oas an audiance member, he would've lost interested around the middle of the routine. 

 

 

The performance wasn't good nor bad, but Taekwoon believed she could've done better. Fatigue got to her early in the performance, making her stumble and land jumps early. If music wasn't playing, he believes he would be able to hear her breaths from his seat.

 

However, she ended strong, her arms in the air and her legs crossed. She held the pose as the audience cheered for her, letting her shoulders slump and her body lean forward as she walked off the stage. 

 

Poor girl, Taekwoon thought. The choreography must've really taken a toll on her body.

 

Taekwoon and the other three judges finished taking their notes quickly, not wanting to be immersed in jotting down words when the next performer was ready to perform.

 

The next contestant was walking to the centre of the stage when Taekwoon had set his pen on top of him clipboard. As she stepped under the spotlight, Taekwoon's attention went straight to her outfit. 

 

It was mainly white and had gold decorations scattered across the top of the leotard and on the bottom of her tutu. Black tights hugged her legs tightly, and she wore silky white pointe shoes. 

 

Taekwoon stare at her, noticing how thin she was. Her waist was tiny, and she was very thin. He thought of how the white costume complimented her tanned skin. 

 

The ballerina was probably wearing fake eyelashes and glittery eyeshadow. The look on her face was mostly blank as she moved her limbs to change into first postition. 

 

The lights above the audiance dimmed once again as she was ready to perform. 

 

Taekwoon recognized the song as soon as it started. The ballerina was dancing to the Turkish March, moving at a fast pace along with the music. 

 

She started with a turn-out, followed by a a quick plié. She continued to move across the stage with four grand jetés. A tour en l'air and a pirouette brought the petite dancer back to the middle of the stage, her makeup shining under the spotlight.

 

Taekwoon was completely in awe with the performer. The choreography was difficult, but it seemed that she hadn't gotten tired yet. 

 

He moved his elbows to rest on the desk, his chin resting on his hands. The performance was coming to an end, but Taekwoon felt as if he could watch it all day. 

 

 She ended with an assemblé, her chin raised to the ceiling along with her arms. The music stopped, and the audiance cheered. Taekwoon noticed that is wasn't as loud as the first couple of performances, but he understood why. This was the last performance, so of course a good about of audiance members had tuned out and no longer cared for the competition.

 

Taekwoon looked down at his paper, realising that he hadn't jotted down any notes about the performance at all. Immediately, he wrote things down, looking back up for a moment to see the ballerina making her way off the stage. He saw her smile as a pair of arms wrapped around her torso, leading her backstage.

 

As Taekwoon set his pen down, he knew he was already whipped for the ballerina.

 

 

--

woo first chapter

uh let's see

chapters will most likely be under 1k words, so don't be too surprised if a chapter is only 200 words 

I had to rewrite this a lot because I kept forgetting to press 'save changes' ;-;

ah but thanks for reading ^^ 

//I also apologize for any typos