First Playdate

scrapbooking

Taemin: Age 10 months, Eunsook: Age 4, Taesun: Age 5

 

The next day, Eunsook and Taemin play together, while Taemin’s mother takes Taesun to the doctor.

“Playing” consists of Eunsook pretending to read picture books to Taemin. She can’t actually read yet, so she makes up elaborate stories to go along with the pictures and admonishes Taemin for not paying enough attention.

“No, Taeminninnie, books aren’t food!!”

Taemin spots something of interest in the pile of brightly colored toys by Eunsook’s side, he leaves the book currently in his mouth to crawl towards his next target.

“The bunny and the kitty are best fwiends. They play every day and they have so much fun.” Eunsook points out the bunny and kitty in the book to Taemin. The book she “reads” to him is one of her favorites, it has the best pictures.

Eunsook’s mother walks in with a snack for them, apple slices cut into the shape of bunnies. Eunsook gets an idea. “The bunny’s umma gives them the yummiest food like... apples! and it makes them so happy.” Eunsook’s mother laughs, leaving the tray on the play mat after handing one to both children.

Eunsook’s mother bops both Eunsook and Taemin on their noses before she leaves to finish cleaning up in the kitchen, Eunsook scrunches her nose, rubbing her nose with her finger. Taemin fists his apple bunny, gnawing on it, while looking up  at her.

Eunsook continues her story as she nibbles around the apple bunny’s ears, “The moon is mean and doesn’t like that they are fwiends, so the moon makes the bunny and kitty go to sleep. Then they can’t play 'cause they are sleeping.” she demonstrates “sleeping” to Taemin with her hands.

Taemin gurgles happily in front of her, bouncing up and down so hard that he loses his balance. His apple slice get thrown across the play mat as he falls, he crawls to retrieve it.

After “playing” to their hearts content. Taemin and Eunsook take a nap on a futon Eunsook’s mother lays out on the living room floor. They fall asleep, their bodies facing in towards each other, a fan blowing on them. A disaster of toys and books on the floor surrounding them.

 

Eunsook mother’s take a photo of them sleeping peacefully with her camera. When the photos are developed a week later, she gives a copy to Taemin’s mother.

“First playdate”

 


Of course, the bunny and kitty are friends ^-^ and how cute is Eunsook’s toddler logic?

Have you ever seen apple bunnies? <3 Google it. You will wish someone loved you enough to make them for you.

This is the first time that Taemin and Eunsook sleep together on a futon in the living room. ( ˘⌣˘)♡(˘⌣˘ ) It will come up again.