New House, New Friends

scrapbooking

Taemin: Age 10 months, Eunsook: Age 4, Taesun: Age 5

 

Eunsook bounces on her chubby little legs, holding the edge of the countertop as she looks up at her mother at the stove, cooking something that makes bubbling sounds and smells delicious. Her tummy grumbles loudly and she puts her hand on it to quiet it with a shush.

“Eunsook, sweetie, a new family moved in two houses down." Eunsook looks back up at her mother. "They have a little boy just a year older than you and a baby boy, who’s ten months old. We’re going to go visit them later today. Will you help umma and carry a present for the baby?”

“Yes, umma!” she smiles, laughing, her little body pitching forward unsteadily before she rocked back hard on her heels to resume bouncing.

“Aigoo, that’s my good baby.” Eunsook’s mother reaches over to a bowl on the counter and hands her a piece of apple to nibble on until lunch is ready. Eunsook holds the piece of apple with both of her hands, leaning on the cabinet, creating a little haven for her and her little apple slice while she munches away happily.

 

Later that afternoon, Eunsook drags the present on a living room floor to Taemin, who having just woken up from his nap, babbles groggily while sitting on a play mat.

“Here, baby, this is for you.” she smiles broadly, her chubby cheeks rising, her eyes little crescents. Eunsook sits down next to Taemin on the floor. Eunsook’s mother and Taemin’s mother sit at the dining table, drinking tea. Eunsook’s family’s traditional housewarming gift of laundry detergent sits on the table, along with a separate present for Taesun.

“Your daughter is so cute.”

“Thank you.” Eunsook’s mother looks over at Eunsook and Taemin playing on the floor before turning back to resume the conversation.

“Your other son started at his new school already?”

“Yes, he started at his new kindergarten yesterday. He doesn't like it." Taemin's mother laughs. "Will your daughter start next year?”

Eunsook’s mother shakes her head. “We’re still deciding. She’s a December baby, so we’re thinking about holding her back. ”

Taemin’s mother nods. It isn't unheard of.

 

On the play mat, Eunsook leans in towards Taemin, whispering.

“It’s a game. My umma picked it. I can help you play. When you’re big like me” Eunsook points to herself. “...you can play by yourself.”

Taemin on his little baby hand, grabbing the satin ribbon with his other hand and stares at her. He removes his hand from his mouth and touches her face with his wet hand, laughing hysterically as she falls away quickly.

“Umma! Umma!” Eunsook wipes her cheek in outrage, looking at her mother.

“I think he likes her.” Taemin’s mother says to Eunsook’s mother, smiling.

Eunsook’s mother laughs and turns to Eunsook. “Eunsook, it’s okay, sweetie, he didn’t mean it.”

“Really?” Eunsook looks at Taemin. She moves in closer and Taemin’s face moves toward hers, his lips touching hers as he falls forward. He babbles at her, making a spit bubble when he gets back up.

“UMMA!” Eunsook yells, wiping .

Taemin’s mother thinks to intervene, getting up to grab Taemin and put him on her lap as she sits on the sofa. She pats the spot next to her for Eunsook to climb up on top as well.

“Be good, baby, your umma is here now.” Eunsook says seriously to Taemin when she makes her way to sit atop the sofa.

“His name is Taeminnie. Can you say Taeminnie?” Taemin’s mother says, holding him.

“Taeminninnie?” Eunsook says, trying, but has a hard time with the pronunciation.

“Close.” Taemin’s mother laughs. “I’m going to bring him over tomorrow.”

“To my house?” Eunsook asks, eyes wide.

“Yes, to your house.” Taemin’s mother points to her, touching Eunsook’s torso with her index finger before continuing, Eunsook giggles, her hands coming out in front of herself. “Your umma is going to watch you and Taeminnie tomorrow while I take Taeminnie’s hyung, Taesun to the doctor. Would you like that?” Taemin’s mother asks.

“Taeminninnie’s hyung?” She mumbles, her head tilting to the side as she thinks. Both mothers look at each other, smiling at Eunsook’s preciousness and very serious thinking face.

“Yes!” Eunsook looks back up after another second, her eyes sparkling. She wants a baby brother or sister very much. Maybe if she showed her umma and appa how well she treated Taemin, they would let her have one. Ummas and Appas just pick those up from the hospital, right?

 

Taemin’s mother takes a picture of them to commemorate their first friends in their new neighborhood. Taemin and Eunsook sit in the middle, Taemin in between Eunsook’s chubby legs, Taemin’s mother on one side of them and Eunsook’s mother on the other side. Everyone smiles.

“New house, New friends"

 


Baby SHINee is my kryptonite. I will read anything with baby versions of OT5 in it.

So much cute in this one, I don't know what my favorite part is. Toddler Eunsook and her apple slice, where she thinks babies come from, "Taeminninnie," Baby Taemin being a flirt and his little baby hand! Okay, probably Baby Taemin's little baby hand. I amuse myself immensely.