Behind the scenes

You're Beautiful

 

 

Moving on, they say. But how far should we go if we were once broke? 

 

I wonder. 

 

Should I just keep this as a secret?

 

Knowing that.. you will never ever gonna to feel the same way.. 

 

Same way as I do. Same way as I feel for you.. 

 

Since I met you, I never felt lonely. I got a friend whom I can lean on. 

 

When did the last time I said you were pretty? 

 

You were so shy that time. I couldn't get my eyes off of you. Ever since that day, I always wants to see you. You were like a drug. I always love to stare at you. Coz staring in your eyes is my comfort zone. 

 

"Pudong." You were so scared, I grab you by the waist and hugs you while we walked down the stairs. 

"Hold on." I squeezed your hand to make you feel you're safe with me. 

 

You didn't say anything, you looked at me and smiled forcefully. 

 

You used to tell me I'm weird. 

 

"That bug is so cute." 

"Where?"

"Behind you." You ran towards me when I told you that. You were frightened coz you hate bugs. Well.. who loves bugs aside from me? "I'm just kidding.. kiddin-" You shown me a death stare, pushing me lightly so I could let go of you. I was smiling when you started walking away from me. I remembered Bom chasing you, telling me I'm going to pay for it later. 

 

I waited at the practice room area till noon. I didn't know I already slept at the corner. When I woke up, you were there, sitting beside me as I sat up. 

 

"Bom and Minzy already went in the apartment. Did you wait for me here?"

"Were you mad?" I asked while rubbing my eyes lightly. 

 

You didn't answer my question and instead you gave me a sandwich and cup of coffee. 

 

"You must be hungry." I cannot read you at this point. 

"We've been friends for so long. But there was a time that I didn't know what you were thinking."

"Just like what I'm thinking about you too." 

 

We stared to each other for a moment. Realizing.. you were right. 

 

I took a bite of the sandwich you bought. 

 

"Well.." I chuckled as I tried to think. 

"You know.. there was a time that I got jealous." 

"There's always that time you were." I smiled teasingly. 

"And you like it."

"I find it cute." 

"Is there a time that you're doing it in purpose?" I am surprised with the question. I fixed my gaze to try and look to you like the usual but for some reasons, I looked at you, I know that I'm looking at you differently at this moment. 

"Purpose? Why would I do that?" I could feel how my voice raised. Have you noticed it too? 

"I don't know. Maybe because you only want me for you?" You smiled and now you're the on teasing me. I heaved a deep sigh when I figure out you were just trying to tease me. 

"You got me there." I took a sipped of the coffee. Appreciating the taste of it. 

"I knew how selfish my chaerinnie is~ You sing-song and I just laughed as a respond. 

"Thay's why I like you. Because you knew me so well." 

"Wait. Just like? I thought you love me?" You demanded and it left me out of words. "So you don't love me?" I shook the hell of a shock out of my system. 

"Of course, I do love you." I paused. Thinking if I said it right. 

"Say it again. I demand." You found a drum stick behind you and pointed it right on my face. 

"I love you.. Darong." I said in a serious tone, grinning widely as you suddenly gets closer. 

"And I love you too, Pudong." I blinked my eyes twice as I'm trying to swallowed those words. 

"I know. I know." I chuckled nervously, gettig away from your gaze. 

 

 

You were so close to me like you want to kiss me or something. I don't know, I felt like struggle is real right there. Thank god, Bom came in, interrupting us saying she left her bag and she's here to get it. 

 

That let me suited up. 

 

Few months later, I got a called from YG, He told me that I need to go to New York for a photoshoot. I got busy promoting our music, I got to read some people bashing me because they thought I am beginning a new career as a solo artist. We barely talk. 

 

And all of a sudden, a bad news came up. You were in the Philippines that time when you receive the bad news. Minzy left months before the announcement. 

 

2NE1 is officially disbanded. 

 

I was really hurt. 

 

It was like, a part of me died in an instant. 

 

We both returned in Korea to shoot our final song and video as a group. 

 

I still could remember how hurt you are. Those sad eyes that I've never seen before. 

 

I felt the need to comfort you, coz among us, you were the ones who is really hurt. You were sitting on a corner. It was currently Bom's video shoot so I got to check on you while you were sitting quietly on a corner. I heard from the team that you don't want to have a conversation with anyone aside from me and Bom. 

 

"Unnie." In my surprise you responded immediately when I called you. You were teary eyed, staring deeply on a blank space. "You will be alright. We have to do this, for the fans. It's for them, remember?" You bowed your head. Almost cried but you managed to stop it. 

"I'm fine. I will be. I just need some time to think." I felt the need to hold you. 

"Come here unnie." I squeezed your cold hands tightly. Then grabs you by the neck, letting you lean your head on my shoulders. I saw Bom from afar, she already gesturing that it is your turn now to shoot a video. I mouthed her to give us another five minutes to prepare. She understood and rushed to the staffs to tell them what I said. You started crying again when Bom left as if you knew it was only you and me left at the moment. 

 

Nobody knows how painful it is for you. For me. For Bom. They never knew how much we tried to move on and still moving on. 

 

FEW WEEKS LATER, I gotta go back to US to record some new music videos. I knew you will love my new songs. 

 

I tried hard to finish everything in U.S so whenever you're free to visit me, I will have time to be with you. 

 

You didn't know how excited I am when you called me the day before you flew going in U.S. 

 

Finally, we will be seeing each other again. 

 

Which happened everytime we're separated by space and time. 

 

After 2ne1 disbandment. I already prepared myself for the upcoming changes. Different careers, different paths and different schedules. Mostly, I will be spending time in other countries and you will be spending yours in Korea. 

 

I'm not really a fan of movies, but it's because you were the main lead, I got to watch some. I recalled you love acting so much, that pushed me to support you. 

 

"I thought you're not gonna come." You were really surprised that you hug me first as a greet. "Thank you CL." You moved backwards and bowed her head, showing some respect. I laughed at you and patted your head. 

"You did a great job, unnie." 

"And I will do much better on my next project." 

"I know you will. Fighting!" That gesture is there. And I made you smile. 

"Fighting!" You laughed. That kind of laugh that I love to see. You were prettier when you're laughing like that. 

 

We had a dinner somewhere. Just the two of us.. 

 

You were curious as hell when you asked me about Ash. My ex fling-boyfriend. Well.. I didn't know we're dating for real. Maybe it's just happened. 

 

"There's a connection at first. But.. as the time goes by I realized he's getting impatient about my scheds. So, I got to cut the connection off." You were really curious. Like you are listening to me with full attention. 

"That's it. Didn't you love him?"

"Love?" I asked myself that time.. 'What is love?' But then I remembered you were once had a relationship with someone before so maybe you had an idea about theat topic. 

"Aigoo~ You dated him but you didn't love him?" You began caressing your temples. You were so frustrated at me. 

"I didn't know. I am attracted to him, yes.. but that's all." You tilted your head up all of a sudden. You looked at my face, kind of studying it. 

"Why did you like him?"

"He's kind, cool and attractive." Upon saying those things, I realized, there wasn't love at all happened. Maybe I loved him but only for a moment. "Why did you love him?" I asked you and you stared to me, really trying hard to read my face. When you did, you sighs and folded your hands on the table. 

"Joseph and I developed something when were together. I was never really attracted to him. It just happened. We had a moment. We talked. And fell in love. It never crosses my mind to like another guy because I have him. But if I wasn't, or he's liking another girl during those days, maybe it'll be an another story." 

"I see. And you have an ideal guy." I grinned as I remembered you telling people whenever they had an interview with you. You were telling them the same things.

"Actually, I changed my mind."

"Why is that?"

"There was a time that a fan asked you, if there's a chance that you're going to date in one of the members of 2ne1 who will be it? and you answered. Dara." You recalled. 

"So?"

"I would.. I would answer the same thing."

"Someone like you? So, you will date yourself?" I chuckled. 

"Nah~ I'll date you. It's you whom I want to be with."  I paused momentarily while you just continue to eat. "But since I already have you as my friend. I wouldn't ask for more." You looked at me and smiled when you said it. I do not know how to respond so I just smiled. 

 

Have you ever notice it, whenever you will say something sweet, I'll be just smiling and wouldn't say anything. 

 

I maybe ignoring you sometimes, but you didn't know how much just I missed you. I'm not always with you infront of the cam but I always have my eyes for you, watching you all the time. 

 

There are too many incidents which I would stare at you in amusement. It was awkward at first but when I got to know you.. it changed. I even told myself that I rather stare at you than look at the camera coz staring at you where the place i am most comfortable with. 

 

Yes, I am so comfortable being with you. 

 

How I wish I can always be just by your side. How I wish we can be together for the rest of our lives. How I wish you were with me right now. 

 

Until, I received a call. You personally contacted me to tell me that you were inviting me as a guest on Daratv. It was your show. And I'm very happy to be part of it. 

 

But few weeks before the date of our travel. You had a fever. I'm afraid you will cancel our trip, but you insist to continue.

 

"Unnie. You alright?" You turned the camera off. You looked at me and sighs. "Headache?" She nodded her head twice. "Yet you still want to continue." I took your hand and told you to sit on the bench. 

"You're worried?"

"I'm always were." I caressed your temples and started massaging it. 

"You're good at this." You murmured. 

 

I leaned and kiss you on the cheek. 

 

"And also with this." I said after doing it. You turned your head all of a sudden and looked at me. You were surprised. 

"Why did you do that?"

I smiled. "Because I missed you." You chuckled.

"I missed you too." And you leaned in, is about to do the same thing but I move my head to avoid your lips. 

"The plane is already calling us. Let's go." I ran towards the plane and asked you to have a photoshoot first before we get inside the plane. 

 

As the plane started to shake and I noticed you were feeling uncomfortable, I would hold your hand and will tell you some random things happened to me in U.S. This was our routine ever since. 

 

And I would always be the one who slept almost all the time. But you never knew when I would woke up, I would find you leaning on my shoulder, asleep. I couldn't help but just smile and feel your warmth. 

 

We would always have a time for each other, but I admit, there's a huge difference now from what we were before. Haven't you notice it yet? 

 

Was I supposed to act differently whenever I would see you?

 

Or Should I act, we're still the same?

 

"I'm sad." You said.

"Why?"

"When can I go somewhere with you again?" It caught me off guard. 

"We see each other all the time." Do we?

 

 

I started thinking about of what you said. I asked myself, 'when will I see you again?'

 

You will go back in the Philippines. You told me, Jiyong invited you to his concert. Did you know I was.. jealous.. 

 

Really jealous. 

 

Coz I know you always like him. 

 

I would always ask you about him and you will answer me, 'He was like just a younger brother to me.'

 

I got to realized upon meeting you again, I am addicted to you. 

 

There's a part of me that is addiicted to you. 

 

"Unnie."

"Yes my baby rin?" This will be our last day after we go into separate places again. 

"How much will you miss me?" You paused from putting mosturizer on your face. You gazes at me from my reflection through the mirror infront of you. 

"You already know the answer." You smiled and proceeded again to put some of the mosturizer. 

"Gah~ I will definitely miss you too."

"So much?" She grinned. 

"So so muc-" I paused when you suddenly walks and jumps on the bed. You lie down beside me and hugs me by the waist. 

"My baby rin is all grown up now." You murmured with close eyes. 

"Hey. I won't sleep beside you." I said, removing your arm from my waist but you tightened the grasp.

"But you always sleep beside Harin."

"More often. Coz she's my sister."

"Am i not your sister too?" You opened your eyes and stared at me with hopeful gaze. Seriously, you made me think. 

"You- You're different." I whispered but I guessed you still hear it. 

"I'm.. what?" You act like you barely heard it. 

 

When did I discover it? To tell you honestly, I haven't notice. 

 

"It just happened."

"Chae?" You sounded curious yet worried. 

"You were talking about the development. It will just happened. Etc."

"Developmen-" You were puzzled. Until I laid my eyes on you and caught you, you're already gazing at me. Kind of distracted. But soon you came to realized something. "Love. That one?"

"Exactly."

"But, I I'm- What are you- Chae."

"When I say I love you. I meant it. I always will." You frowned, confused. 

"I never noticed. I thought you were just-" I cutted you off.

"Being sweet? I though so too." I refused to continue looking at you. Being as cool as I used to be. "Mianhe." I added, moving my body so you would face my back. "I tried from the very last time, to ignore this. Coz you would always tell me that you want to date this guy coz you're not getting any younger."

"I always want to date her." You said, then I felt your arm hugging me by the waist, again. "I always want to date that person, not that guy. When did I mention 'that guy'?" 

"Unnie." I'm kind of lost right now.

"I know. You're not going to believe this but.. I always like you, Chae. I always want to feel your presence beside me. I always want to talk about you to other people. I always want you to put your arm around my shoulder. I always want you to kiss me on the cheek." These words sounded so pure. You're tone is as smooth as your skin. 

"I never noticed."

"But Bom did." I faced you and found you smiling like an idiot.

"Bom?"

"And Harin too."

"What? Harin?" You chuckled. 

"Remember when you went home drunk and Harin needed to ask me to help her sent you on your condo unit? Gosh~ You were so drunk, Harin told me you keeps on mentioning my name in your sleep. Telling me how much you love me. I thought she's just joking but she recorded it." I widened my eyes upon your revelation. 

"Wha-" But before I could respond, you sealed your explanations with a kiss. You leaned your lips on mine. And all of a sudden, I felt like something is pulling me up of the bed. But when I opened my eyes and you leaned back; and we faced each other again. You were there, smiling at me lovingly. 

 

I didn't say anything. We just stared at each other. Enjoying the moment, coz after a day or two, we will be in different places again. 

 

 

*****

 

Thinking if I should write a Dara's POV and continuation, everyone?

 

Please send your thoughts below. I will be needing that.

 

Both for the fic and for the question. Thank you! :))