Indestructible

Stars

Listen to Indestructible by SNSD (Girls' Generation)

 

"Why'd you just got home?" A cold voice greeted me.

I slowly looked up at her after I placed my shoes on the rack. She was impatiently tapping her foot on against the floor whilst crossing her arms.

"Aren't you gonna ask me if I had eaten yet?" I asked, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

Walking up to her, I gave her a quick hug and kiss which she both rejected by backing away. A frown quickly adorned on my lips.

"Aren't you gonna tell me who you were with?" She kept the same stance as before.

"What are you talking about, Solar?"

"Oh! So now we're on stage name basis. Great!" She sarcastically clapped.

"Come on now, Yongs-"

"Wait a second there! Keep calling me Solar, Moonbyul-ssi."

The frown on my face grew deeper as a stressed sigh escaped my lips. I placed my hands on both my hips, readying myself for a baseless argument or more likely sermon.

"Tell me what's wrong. Let's fix this." I tiredly said.

"Why don't you tell me what's wrong? You should know, you were the one who's wrong." She again sarcastically replied.

"But I don't know what I did wrong so please.. please.. please just tell me."

"Whatever! I hate you!"

I felt a prickling sensation spread through my chest like wildfire. My eyes grew hot and I knew any moment, I'd break down but I didn't want her to witness it, so I turned around and left the place I call home without a word.

It may sound childish but I absolutely am weak hearted against words like that. When you grow up in a household who constantly reminded you of their hatred against you, you'd know what I'm talking about.

That's why when I heard her say it. It felt like a thousand arrows pierced my heart. It was actually worse but I don't have any more words to describe it better.

Subconsciously, my feet stopped by the convenience store and I knew just then what I need to calm the storm.

"Moon Byulyi! Where have you been?!" A worried voice welcomed me, and unlike the voice earlier - this one made me smile.

I raised the plastic over my head whilst beaming at her. "I bought a present for you."

Instead of a smile (which I anticipated), she tackled me to a tight hug before showering me with hard punches.

I tried not wince like a wuss, but I did anyway because her punches are strong. Strong I tell you.

"Sorry, baby. I was just really worried when you suddenly walked out. I'm so sorry for acting like that earlier. It's just that the program you're working on with Yooa was edited to make it seem you two were a couple. Then the others kept on saying how you two looked together, add to that you let her hug you before bidding goodbye. I mean who does that in a show-"

"Are you jealous of Yooa?" I bit back the growing smile on my face.

She huffed grumpily in reply.

"So you are!" I laughed loudly just for a moment because she quickly glared at me.

"Well, you don't have to be jealous. You're my sun and nothing and no one can ever compare to you." I lightly pinched her squishy cheeks before leaning in to kiss her, but then again I was rejected when she used her hand to block her lips.

"Ice cream first. Our baby craves for it." She snatched the plastic from my hand and went to the kitchen to grab a spoon.

"Is it really the baby who wants it or you?" I muttered underneath my breath which was followed by a snicker. I shook my head then went after her.

"I heard what you said. You and the couch is gonna spend a week together."

"Wait, what?" My jaw dropped at what she said. A week?!

"But since you're such a good wife who bought me ice cream, your sentence is reduced to 3 days."

Three days. How does she think I can ever survive a night without her?

That night, or should I say morning, I persuaded her to let me sleep with her. Fortunately, she agreed but it was final that tonight I'll be sleeping on the couch.

I highly doubt it though. I know I'm still gonna end up beside her because it's either she's going to the couch or I'm going to the bed. Whichever case, I don't mind because as long as I get to hold her tight at night, I know we'll be alright.