One More Time, Pick Me Up

Not Just Yet

"뭔가 묘해 지금 우리 분위기 . 왠지 맘에 드는 걸 ."

"Something's Strange Between Us Now . And I Think I Might Like It ."

 

🎶Hands On Me - PD101🎶

 

➡️Within the span of 3 days, Hyungseob, once again, found himself in the same space between the doors of Woojin's car. He honestly doesn't remember how he got there, on a Monday at 9:30am. After experiencing what he saw on the news, he was somewhat out of his mind. He doesn't even know where he's going right now. I can't believe Chief Park is like this... Woojin must've been struggling this whole time...

 

"Woojin, where did you say we were going?"

 

"I really don't know, Hyungseob." A breath exhaled. "I'm sorry for bringing you into this. I told you the city of Wenara is bad, ya' knoooow."

 

"Oh, well, what about work? When we get back?"

 

"Let's not worry right now. I ran out of the drama, so let's pretend nothing happened. We can handle it when we get back, okay?" Hyungseob opened his mouth to say something, but he just said:

 

"Okay." Man. I thought Woojin was all normal and happy. The strong and confident Woojin. To think he was abused by his own family. His only family. I would've never guessed it. I wonder what would be happening or where I would be right now...if my brother never went missing....

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Two years ago, it was the day, both Hyungseob and Jihoon, finally got accepted into working officially at Wenara's Police Station. In the conference room, they sat, waiting for the chief to come in. Because they were the only new people to be working at this station at the time, there wasn't an official ceremony to welcome newcomers in, as the usual. In short, they were offered a quick welcoming from the chief, since there were only two of them. "Hyungseob."

 

"Hmm?" He was scrolling through some things on his phone, not looking up to Jihoon.

 

"Do you think you can actually find your brother like this?" Then, he finally put down his device, actually paying attention.

 

"Well, Jihoon, it's the only way. I have no other choice. It wasn't like I reported it back then. I really should had. It would've made my life ten times easier by now."

 

"What you mean?"

 

"If I had reported it back then...there would've been the police actually trying to find him. Or, there would at least be a file in the system that I can look through to figure it out myself. This is why I'm here, Jihoon." The other made a sound of approval as he slowly clapped.

 

"Wow, Hyungseob. There ya go. Encouragement!" He put two thumbs up.

 

"What about you?"

 

"I'm here because," he pointed to Hyungseob, "YOU dragged me into this."

 

"Um, excuse me?"

 

"I can't let a kid like you wander around a city like Wenara by yourself."

 

"Uh, I am a grown 23-year-old man, I think I can supervise myself, Mr. I Just Married A Lawyer."

 

"Um, yes, Lai Guanlin is a now a lawyer, are you jealous?"

 

"Yeah, no thanks. You can have your Guanlin." At that moment, the door opened, revealing a guy in a white button down and black jeans. IT'S HIM.

 

"Uh, hello." He bowed, to which the two stood up to do the same. He walked closer to them, maneuvering around the big table to Jihoon first to shake hands. "My name is Park Woojin. I work here as a newly promoted profiler. I am the son of Chief Park, who will be here soon." Now, he was at Hyungseob. Looking up to each other as they shook hands, he continued, "I hope we do well together here. And maybe we can team up one day." After standing there for a few seconds, Jihoon nudged Ahn, eyeing him to say something.

 

"Oh, oh, um, my name is Ahn Hyungseob. I am 23. I'm here to find my brother and I'm your fan." He said it all in a jumble, but quickly covered his mouth as he realized what he just said.

 

"Oh, my fan? Do you know me?"

 

Welp, there goes first impressions.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••


Arriving at some lake, Woojin parked (lol) under a large tree, before quickly getting out. Hyungseob did the same. "Where is this?"

"Lake Ara. It's where I go when I have time to relax. When I don't have to deal with life." As he was standing on the edge of the lake, Hyungseob came over to stand to the right of him. Then, they both sat down on the stone edge, dangling their legs towards the water. Though Woojin told him not to worry, all Hyungseob could do was think about what would happen when they got back and how Woojin was revealed like this. When a hand came upon his thigh, he quickly looked towards him. "Stop it. I can see distress written all over your face. It'll be fine." He sighed.

"I know..."

"Hyungseob. Tell me. Your reason for wanting to be like me."

"You know...it's my dream."

"I know," his eyes traced the small waves of the water, "but what's the actual reason. There's a billion other profilers in the world, but why me? Why here?"

"Well, I lived in this city my whole life. Second..." he hesitated before completing his sentence, knowing Woojin's eyes were now on him, "my brother. He's been missing for a while. I wanted to find him like this. Myself. If he's dead, I'll at least know and send him off properly."

"Ah, is that it? That's a good plan, considering the chief at the station would've ignored you if you reported it. You saw how he left Euiwoong in the station by himself. How selfish." Ahn was amazed at the fact Woojin could talk like this about his dad. Can't relate. He could still feel his eyes on him, so he stared down at the clear water. "Hyungseob." He only hummed in response. "Ahn Hyungseob." Finally looking up to face his left, Woojin was directly looking at him as well. "I know you know."

"W-what?"

"You can't possibly be thinking I didn't know." ??? "There's been too much tension between us in the past two years." The ffffff- Woojin took the chance and made a bold move to put his hand on the side of Hyungseob's face; it soon became warm. "Don't you think it's time-" A spec of water fell on Hyungseob's nose, interrupting his speech. "Oh, looks like it's raining." Woojin found his way up along with picking the other up by his arm. As the older went towards his car, Hyungseob cried on the inside. WHY CAN'T I LIVE.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Again, they were traveling on their way to another location. The skies darkened and gray clouds ran across it. Though it had just started, the rain poured down, winds almost threatening to push over the trees in the sides of the roads. Time seemed to go by slow, with the car moving at a turtle speed and the day being at its earliest times--it was only 11am. The passenger decided to forget everything and fall asleep.

Later, he was awoken by a shake of his shoulders. He opened his eyes to find a very close face to his. It was only Woojin, who was outside of the car, waiting for Hyungseob to get out. "C'mon." Luckily, wherever they were had a garage parking, so they didn't have to lollygag in the rain.

"Where are we?" again, he asked the man who was leading him to an elevator. With the chilliness of the weather outside, he rubbed his arms. He was only wearing his white T-shirt and black jeans. Woojin must've been comfy in his hoodie and sweatpants.

"At a hotel. I was gonna drive to my house, but it was raining too hard. Besides, if the power went out there, we would've went to a hotel anyway." Now in that elevator, Hyungseob checked his appearance in the mirror of the small, closed compartment, while Woojin looked at his phone. He was putting his hair into place when the elevator stopped, but he saw that they were at the same floor in the parking garage.

"Oh, sorry, we wanted to catch it before it went up," an old, nice looking man said when the doors open.

"No, it's okay. Which floor?" Woojin inquired with his killer smile.

"Lobby please." The man looked back and shouted, "Honey! Hurry up before it closes!" And with that, sounds of several trotts came closer to their ears. There was the wife of the man, along with five kids, ranging from age 18 to 5. "Thanks, young man!" He did nothing but laugh in return. Of course, being in this small space, Hyungseob was pushed to the back corner, where Woojin followed him. As the floor slowly elevated, the hyper kids jumped up and down, despite their mother scolding them. As one of them almost hit Hyungseob, who was practically against Woojin's chest, the latter put his hand on Ahn's waist, looking down at him. Maybe it was his instinct to protect Hyungseob. At the second floor of the garage, there came two more people onto it, pushing the other two in the back even closer together. At this point, the 25-year-old accepted this fact that him and Park were cuddling in the corner, unintentionally; with Woojin's one hand on his waist, Hyungseob had no where to put his hands but on the others chest. Lowkey living right now.

The ding of the elevator let them know they were finally at the lobby. When all the people were out and about, Hyungseob rapidly repelled off of Woojin and power walked out the space. He stood near the front desk, behind those people who were in the elevator with them, waiting for Woojin to come by his side, in which he did just a minute later. It was their turn now, and Woojin initiated the talking. "Hello," the front desk lady greeted, looking like her soul was taken from her.

"Hello. How much is it for one night?"

"Seventy dollars. We only have one bed rooms at the time. They are all king sized," her monotone voice said.

"That's fine." UM. "We'll take one of those rooms, please." He took out his card from his wallet in the back of his pants. He received two room key-cards in return. "Let's go."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As the door opened to spacious room, they were amazed at the service they got, despite paying under $70. To their immediate left, a large bathroom was big enough to fit the both of them. Across from it, there was an empty closet. Past those revealed a vast place with a king-sized bed, a couch, computer desk, and even a flat-screen TV parallel of the bed. The large window at the back of the room was covered by velvet curtains, on top of the A/C unit that blew even colder air than the outside. "Woah, thanks, Woojin."

"Yeah, no problem." He was the first to settle in and sat on the bed. Because they literally had nothing but their wallets and phones, they just stayed there. This was brought up by the younger.

"Woojin, if we're staying here the night, what will we change into? And I'll sleep on the couch."

"First off, you are not sleeping on that couch. It can barely fit you on there. You are sleeping on this bed and I am too. It can fit us both." Hyungseob had no time to comment. "And it's only 11. It's not like we're staying at this hotel the whole day. We haven't even eaten yet. We can go out and eat and drop by somewhere to buy some extra clothes."

"But, what about Euiwoong and the inaug-"

"I told you already. Why don't you listen? Haven't I taught you enough?" He got up to stand in front of Hyungseob, who was leaning on the dresser under where the TV hung on the wall. He abruptly stood straight up once Woojin made his way over. Said boy brought a hand up to his cheek once again. Though this time, it hurt because he was actually pinching it. What the heck?? "From all these times, you still don't listen to me." Hyungseob's complaints did not stop whatever the other was doing to him. "Aiyoo, how do you expect to do what you want when you can't even listen?" He finally let go of his cheek. When Hyungseob put his own hand over it, rubbing it, Woojin didn't do anything but laugh. Replacing his hand with his, the older caressed it. "C'mon. The rain calmed down. Let's go eat now." Hyungseob hated the fact that he couldn't do anything but stand there and be embarrassed.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

By 1pm, the storm had stopped and they just finished their lunch. Waiting for the waiter to arrive with their bill, they sat across from each other in the booth. The spaghetti they shared long gone within their stomachs. Hyungseob brought out his phone and scrolled through some things. He started biting his nails as he read headlines of several news articles. "Ahn." His voice was firm.

"Y-yes?" He peeked from behind his phone and looked at the other.

"Don't make me be your actual senior and take your phone away from you." Ahn really wanted to laugh at the sight, but successfully compressed it. Woojin had his arms crossed and eyebrows straight. Cute.

"Here's your bill, gentlemen," a blond young lady said. "Enjoy your day!" Right in his view, the girl winked at Park, to which he responded with a smile. Hyungseob's face just saddened. Of course it was too good to be true. He doesn't like me. He lost his train of thoughts when Woojin told him to get up. They walked to the cashier where the lady was. "Oh, thank you. Here's your receipt." She proceeded to put her hair behind her ear. Looking at the piece of paper, Woojin gave it back to the girl.

"I'm sorry, girl, but I would not like your number." Hyungseob realized what just happened. She took it back slowly, smile fading. A hand came around the smaller's shoulders, pulling him close to the former. "He's my boyfriend. Not really interested, ma'am." He put up a hand in a refusing motion. The lady just scoffed, before the two walked back and out of the restaurant. Now at the outside, they walked to a store nearby, in the exact same position they left the food place. Hyungseob really wants to say something, but just let's it happen.

In the small store, Hyungseob stood still as Woojin picked out a couple of items. In his hands, he had: a black T-shirt, a gray long-sleeve, a pair of basketball shorts, grayish sweatpants, and a pack of undergarments. He almost threw it onto the un-moving boy, who managed to catch it without dropping anything, including himself. With his pile, he followed Woojin to the other side of the store, where he grabbed two toothbrushes and a small bottle of toothpaste. They went to the clerk to check out the items. Once again, the profiler was the one to pay, as he naturally took out his card. And once again, the traffic cop wanted to retort, but didn't because he would've just got scolded again. When he was about to grab the bags, another hand came up and did instead. He met eyes with him, but he walked away, gesturing for him to follow too.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Back at the hotel room, it was now around 5pm; they had went window shopping around the outlet they were at before coming back. Woojin went to put the bags and his items on the desk adjacent to the dresser of the TV. Hyungseob checked his phone as he sat on the side of the bed that wasn't touching the wall. Park turned around when he heard what sounded like Zico's voice. Indeed, it was the ringtone. "Who is it?"

"Huh? Oh, it's Jihoon. He's probably calling from the station... He must be worried." He was about to press the green button, but Woojin now stood in front of him. The phone was snatched from his hands and turned off by him. It was thrown on the pillows. Hyungseob's eyes followed where his device was going. When he turned around, a face was very close to his, so he moved back a little, but it followed his.

"What did I tell you? Stop worrying. I will take care of this," Woojin said all in a slow pace. Ahn could see where he was actually looking. The older's eyes were definitely not looking into his, but fell upon his light pink, plush lips. A hand came into his chest, which lightly pushed him further on the bed, into a position where his back lay fully on the sheets.

"Woojin..." he softly called. Said person was now hovering above him. For the nth time that day, Woojin's hand was on the side of his head, and he could feel another on his waist. He could see the dangerously close lips close to his being bitten in hesitation. The hand on his head ran down to his neck and came back up to his cheek. Slowly, Woojin approached him even more. Hyungseob let his eyes close once he felt the soft impact of the other's mouth on his own. Casually, he responded by moving with Woojin's. The kiss started out very slow, but soon paced a bit faster. The younger found the courage to put his arms on Woojin's shoulders and went further up to wrap around his neck. Hyungseob pulled him closer, bodies laying on top of each other--what was space at this point? As it became messier and rushed, the hand that was previously on Hyungseob's head pushed its palm against the bed while the other one started reaching under his white T-shirt. One of his hands that was around Woojin's neck came down to cautiously grab the the wrist of the one touching his abdomen. The kiss broke with a line of saliva still connecting them. Hyungseob took his other hand that was around the other to wipe it away. "W-wooj-jin," he called out once more from beneath the back of his hand that covered his mouth. The hand which was captured by Hyungseob came about it's hold to take away the one covering the younger's face.

"Hyungseob." Their faces were both flushed with faint red and breaths were exhaled deeply. Hyungseob took his two hands and decided, eff it, to put it on either side of Woojin's face and pulled him down for another one. As they continued, there was the ringing of a phone at the other side of the room. They tried their best to ignore it after the first time it stopped, but another call came in. Woojin rapidly got up and off the bed to stop the source of the sound, leaving a Hyungseob who almost whined. The boy on the bed sat upright to look at Woojin, who was in the middle of turning his own phone off. Though, when the other came back, he let his head hang down, looking at the carpeted floor. Despite what just happened, he was still embarrassed. He knew what was coming next when the sounds of footsteps got closer to him. On the floor, he saw the socks of Woojin reach him. He felt hands under his face pull it up, forcing him to look into his eyes. Woojin peered down to plant a light peck on Hyungseob's lips. When he stood back up, he said, "I guess we're dating now." He smiled. Hyungseob could feel all types of emotions at once: remaining lust, happiness, and his usual embarrassment. All that happened earlier that morning was long gone from his mind.

"H-how'd you know?" he asked, but soon regretted it, as he knew it was a stupid question.

"Hyungseob. I've known for a real long time now. Sorry for making you wait. I just wanted to learn more about you before finding the right chance to decide my own feelings." He sat next to Hyungseob on the bed and intertwined their hands. "I won't ask you for confessions and stuff. I'll just assume you wanted this, right?" He looked towards Ahn for answer, to which he turned to look at him too. He couldn't help but let a huge, dumb smile answer the question. Responding with laughter too, Woojin replied, "I take that as a yes." They stayed like that for a while, just looking at each other, discovering this new relationship they just made. "But," Woojin said while standing up, letting go of Hyungseob's warm hand, "I'm gonna go shower now. I'll be back." He kissed the top of Hyungseob's crown and went to retrieve the clothes from the bags to walk into the bathroom. Once he heard the click of the door locking, Hyungseob fell back onto the bed, smiling. He expressed his excitement by rolling around like a kid surrounded by candy. He took his phone on the pillow and turned it back on. Though he did still see those articles, he followed Woojin's orders and ignored them and proceeded to scroll through his social media feed.

"Thank the Lord for this day."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Now into the night, it was about two hours later. They had both taken their showers and got ready to sleep and were currently laying on the bed. The room was lit only by the lamp on their bedstand. With Hyungseob completely covered under the large, white blanket most nearest to the wall, Woojin lay on the outer edge, sitting up against the pillows; he was watching TV. Looking to his right, he let out another one of his small laughs as he observed the bump under the sheets. "Ow!" it said when Woojin forcefully poked it.

"Hyungseob." Silence. "Ahn Hyungseob." More silence. "Seobhyung. Seob. Seobbie. Ahn. Bunny." The person under the crinkly sheets threw it up and directly found the caller's eyes.

"What did you say?" The blanket that was trashed by Hyungseob was brought up again by Woojin, who rolled over and cloaked it over the both of them. It was like they were little kids again playing house. They sat crissed-crossed from each other.

"Woojin..." he let out a sigh of disappointment, "what are you doing?"

"Trying to get the most out of my last few hours before we have to go back and deal with that crap again." He took the boys hands within his own. As they both look down at their fiddling hands, Woojin started talking. "Hyungseob." It seemed like Hyungseob had been hearing it so many times today, even though he hears it everyday. "I like you." All the other did was laugh, mostly at how ironic the sentence sounded.

"I thought you said we're gonna skip the confessing part."

"I've liked you even when I didn't know it."

"Oh."

"Why don't you react or talk more? Isn't it nice?"

"Hmm?"

"You're lucky enough to be sitting here with your 'idol', and yet you don't even take the chance to talk to him." The listener only rolled his eyes. He can't live a day without Woojin scolding him about something. If it was this bad for the past two years, he wonders how it will be for the rest of his life.

"Okay. What's up?"

"I give up." The blanket was thrown off by Woojin, once more, onto the edge of the bed. Still sat in the same position, Hyungseob felt the urge of something. There was something, a type of feeling, that tugged his mind when he fully got a view of his, now who he can call, boyfriend. It got the best of him. He got up a little just to lean closer to him. His hands went grab either side of Woojin's face and looked down at him. For once, Hyungseob actually initiated the kiss. He leaned down to meet his lips, towering over the sitting boy. On the other hand, Woojin naturally put his own on the smaller boy's waist, pulling his body closer. Their intimacy excited Hyungseob. Without breaking the connection, he climbed into Woojin's lap, whose legs released itself from the criss-cross position to allow room for the younger. When he sat further down onto his lap, one of his hands trailed down, stopping under Woojin's shirt. The hands that were on Hyungseob's waist also found its way down, placing them under the younger's thighs. Just then, Hyungseob took a hold on a stretchy waistband. Abruptly, Woojin stopped everything to look up at Hyungseob. "No, Hyungseob." Eyes still were filled with lust. He placed a few more pecks on the other's mouth while slowly removing the hand on top of his waistband. "We can't do that here. Not now."

"Okay..." he sadly replied.

"We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow. We can save it for another time." When he pouted, Woojin just pinched his cheeks again, couldn't handle the saddening cuteness of what was his now. They both went back to their positions laying on the bed, but this time with Woojin hugging the other. All lights were turned off and even the moonlight outside didn't peek through the curtains. "Goodnight." He softly patted the pitch black hair to sleep.

"Goodnight, Woojin."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hyungseob, as always, was the first to wake up to his familiar alarm at 8am. When he tried to turn around to shut his phone up, he hadn't realize where he was, or he had forgotten. Within the embrace of Woojin, he carefully maneuvered his arms behind him in hopes of muting his phone. Though he was grateful to see this sight first thing in the morning, he also realized that he had a life outside. "I guess it's time to save Euiwoong now." Sighing, he returned to his comfortable state of being between Woojin's arms and close his eyes once more. "Maybe the world isn't so bad now."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N. I Honestly Do Not Know What I Just Wrote, bUt eNjOy :))))))) I Think The Next Chapter Will Be The Last One T-T I Had Fun Writing Out My Jinseob Feelings, But It's Time To Catch Up On Sleep And Finish My Homework ;( lol