Chapter 1

Business Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun's rays entered through Baekhyun's curtain as it shined right on the boy's face.  He was tired, but he knew he had to get up early and head to school.  It was a battle to literally get out of bed because he had to tell himself to get the hell out of bed.  About five minutes later of agony and fighting he threw his covers off and swung himself out of bed with his legs on the end.  Feeling the grogginess slowly drift away he put on his white slippers and walked to the bathroom.  It was six in the morning and there was no sign of life in the house again.  Every morning Baekhyun's older brother Baekbeom drove his mother to work and then he would also head to work.  You might be wondering why his older brother drove his mother to work when he could be doing other things, well it was because he loved his mother and didn't want her taking public transportation.  Also he was afraid with her bad eyesight she might crash and Baekhyun didn't have his license either because he had to wait until he was 18 years old. Their family wasn't poor, but they weren't that rich either, of course they struggled with money sometimes. As Baekhyun finished brushing his teeth, showering, washing his face he headed downstairs to make breakfast.  The boy had already made his lunch ahead after getting home late last night so he decided to just make some toast with some jam since he wasn't that hungry.  It was only 6:39 right now and school didn't start till 7:20, but he head decided to head out early because he had to walk to school everyday.  Baekhyun didn't mind of course because it gave him time to take in the morning day in Seoul as people were just beginning to head to their respective areas.  After walking about 10 minutes Baekhyun pulled his phone checking the time.  From the looks of it, it was practically 7:00 which meant he had 20 more minutes until school actually began.  Not caring, he entered in seeing a few teachers arriving as well as a few students.  He entered his classroom and saw that nobody was there not even his homeroom teacher.  He took a seat next to the window in front of the last row.  Deciding to kill time he pulled out his English textbook since he didn't get to study as much since he was so busy working after school to help his mother since his brother already was living with his fiance.  Baekhyun was 17 years old and he would be turning 18 on May 6th so about 1 more month.  Baekhyun sat there reading the english word "bandage."  He sat there staring at the word confused on what it meant so he flipped to the dictionary in the back and found out it was a material to bind a wound to protect an injured part of a body.  A few classmates had entered the classroom, but he didn't realize that his friend Luhan was sneaking up on him.  Yes, Baekhyun was actually able to maintain a friendship although it was mostly Luhan who always talked to him in class whenever they could and sat by him continuing to talk to forcing Baekhyun to listen and start a conversation because Luhan in no was was giving up.  You might be wondering why Luhan continued even though Baekhyun didn't talk as much, well it was because Luhan saw something special in Baekhyun and turns out there was.  From the outside he may seem cold and lonely, but he actually was a really nice person who was a great listener.  

"Boo," said Luhan as he tapped on the shorter one causing Baekhyun to jump a little.

Baekhyun turned around slightly frightened to see his friend with a big smirk on his face. 

"Oh my god Luhan you almost scared the living soul out of me," Baekhyun sighed out as he slapped the smaller one lightly causing Luhan to jokingly pout at the action.

"Anyways what are you up to?" asked Luhan as he pulled the chair from the empty desk next to Baekhyun looking at at the English textbook.

"I'm studying," replied Baekhyun as he returned to learning the new word called "bandage".  

"What's this word?" asked Luhan as he pointed to the word that read "kangaroo".

"It's a marsupial and uses its hind legs to get around and also carries its babies in a pouch," Baekhyun said as he heard the bell rang and then closed his book putting it away.

"Well I got to head to my seat, talk to you in a bit," Luhan winked as he got up pushing the empty seat back in as the owner of the desk rushed into the class before the teacher could come in on time.

Everybody was seated and then the teacher entered in putting his suitcase down and adjusting his tie.

"Good morning class," said the man as he looked around to see any empty desk.  

Of course the desk behind Baekhyun was vacant because somebody had moved away after their dad had been given a job back in the states.  All of a sudden the principle walked into the classroom and pulled the teacher out real quick.  After a few minutes the teacher returned, but with a transfer student who was tall and had black hair.

"Class, please meet Oh Sehun.  He is a transfer student and will be studying with you all," said Mr. Choi as he saw everybody stand up and bow.

"Hello, I'm Oh Sehun and please take care of me," he said also bowing back towards the group.  

"Now that everybody has been introduced, Sehun please sit behind Baekhyun.  Baekhyun please raise you hand," Mr. Choi put his hand on Sehun's back giving him a little push towards Baekhyun's direction.  

The boy began to make his way and passed by Luhan glancing at the boy before turning away quickly and became slightly red.  Baekhyun watched as he stared at his friend for a short second, and decided to tell Luhan later which the blonde was oblivious because he was busy pulling out his pencil pouch from his backpack.  After Sehun walked past Baekhyun, he put his hand down as Sehun no longer needed help finding his seat.  Finally, the lesson began and their teacher was talking about science and something else, but Baekhyun's listening was interrupted when Sehun whispered and tapped his back.

"Psst, do you have a piece of paper I can use to take notes on?" he asked Baekhyun who was now turned around.

"Yeah, I have some ex-," but before Baekhyun could finish Mr. Choi called his name.

"Mr. Byun, I hope my teaching isn't interrupting your conversation with Mr. Oh," said the professor as he had put his book down and the rest of the class was now staring at him including his best friend Luhan.

"Sorry sir, I was just giving Sehun an extra piece of paper," replied Baekhyun as he quickly grabbed a piece and handed it back to the other.

"No worries, but Mr Oh be prepared for next time.  I understand since you're new and all," said Mr. Choi as he picked up his textbook again along with the chalk and began writing back on the board.

Baekhyun sat there listening the whole time not wanting to get on Mr. Choi's bad side.  The bell for lunch rang and all the students began rushing out some grabbing food from their lockers as well as Baekhyun.  Luhan walked up to Baekhyun slinging his arm around the shorter's shoulder.

"Hey Baek! Ready to go?" asked Luhan giving him a signature smile.  

"Yeah, I had to grab my lunch real quick," Baekhyun quickly smiled back as the two went to the lunchroom and sat down.  

Their friends were already there along with Jongdae, Lay, Xiumin, Kris, Kyungsoo, Suho, Tao, and some weird tan boy.  

"Hey guys!" greeted Luhan as he and Baekhyun both took a seat joining their friends conversation.

"Yo Lu and Baek," said Kris as he spoke with his mouth full causing and annoyed Kyungsoo to flick his head slightly.

"Did you see the new transfer student?" asked Jongdae looking around for him.

"Yeah he's in Baek and I's class," replied Luhan who looked towards the mysterious tan boy.

"Oh! Let me introduce you two this is Kim Jongin.  He's also a transfer student," replied Kyungsoo.

"I see now, so there were two new students," chuckled Suho as he hugged Lay.

Baekhyun was just watching the two have a conversation.  He was also friends with these people, but again his cold personality made him busy with studying for other classes like Math, History, etc.  As he had his nose in his books he felt a presence in front of him.  Looking up, Baekhyun saw Oh Sehun standing in front of him..

"May I sit here?" he asked with his resting face.

"S-Sure," said Baekhyun as he moved his stuff closer to him allowing Sehun to have some space to place his tray.

"Oh! I see Baekhyun as met my friend Sehun," smiled Kai as he looked down towards the two. 

Luhan also turned around to see the taller one sitting next to him causing Sehun to blush slightly, which Baekhyun also observed again.  

"So, how old are you Sehun?" asked Lay curious about the boy.

"I just turned 18 a week ago," smiled Sehun enjoying the people's presence around him. 

"Yeah he and I are buds," Kai popped up next to Sehun resting his arm around the younger one.

"How do you guys know each other?" asked Kyungsoo.

"We're childhood friends, but we also have another friend, but he's very busy," Sehun said.

"Oh we also have a busy friend too! It's Baekhyun," exclaimed Luhan staring at the boy who was too busy studying.

They all stared at Baekhyun who was too busy reading his textbooks, until he finally looked up to see everybody else staring.

"Do I have something on my face?" asked Baekhyun as he grabbed a napkin and wiped his face.

"No don't worry," laughed Xiumin who returned back to Sehun and Kai.  

"What's your friend's name? I think they'd be perfect for one another." said Chen.

"No way! They're both to busy," replied Tao holding onto Kris.  

"It's Chanyeol," replied both Sehun and Kai.

"Did this Chanyeol transfer here?" asked Kris.

"Nah, he's two years older than us so he's 20.  His parents own a company though, so he's busy working there.  Poor guy hasn't even lived his whole life yet.  He was sent straight to work," replied Kai who became a bit sad thinking about it.  

"Aw I feel so bad," replied Kyungsoo thinking about how hard it must be for this so called Chanyeol to start at such a young age.  

The bell rang signaling for the others to head back to class.

Fast forwarding to a few hours later, school had just ended and everyone was leaving.  Right now it was 4:00 and he had a job to be at by 5:00 giving him only an hour to get home, change, and get back.  Baekhyun was in a hurry to head back home and then take the bus to his part time job at a convenience store.  As he arrived home his mother was cooking dinner and Baekbeom decided to have his fiance join as well.

"Baekhyun, dinner will be ready in a few more hours," she said cutting up some vegetables. 

"Sorry mom, I can't join you.  I have to be at work today and I might have to stay longer since Seolhyun couldn't stay because she was sick," replied Baekhyun.

"Oh I see, be safe my dear," she said with a worried tone.

"Don't worry mom, I'll be okay," he smiled as he ran upstairs to change. 

"Bye Baek, be safe," said Baekbeom as he waved along with his wife EunYeong.  

Walking out the front door he walked to the bus stop quickly.  Baekhyun also brought his backpack because he knew that the convenience store wasn't that busy so it wouldn't be a big deal to study.  Right now it was 4:27 and it took about 25 minutes to get to work.  The bus pulled up and Baekhyun hopped on paying the driver, grabbing his ticket, and then taking a seat.  He put on his earbuds turning on some music as well as pulling out his math homework and began doing it.  After a while the people got off as well as people got on and it was finally time for Baekhyun to get off.  HIs stop appeared and he got of and began walking to the bookstore.  Since Seolhyun wasn't here he'd be working until 11 o'clock tonight.  It was 4:52 and Baekhyun walked in to see another co-worker there.  Baekhyun didn't know some of the employees because he didn't see them sometimes, but he knew this guy because they had to switch shifts.  After changing into his uniform for work he entered out of the staff room to see Minho standing up.  

"Not a busy day today, but are you okay with doing Seolhyun's shift?" asked Minho getting ready to leave.

"It's no problem," laughed Baekhyun as he walked into the cashier area and sat down.

"Alright, night Baekhyun!" he smiled walking into the staff room.

After Minho left Baekhyun sat there and decided to pull out some books and complete his math homework.  It was already 8 o'clock and it wasn't a busy day.  The owner of the store came down telling him an emergency came up at home and he'd be back at 12 Only a few customers came in and came out.  Minho was right today wasn't a busy day compared to the weekends.  Baekhyun was getting a bit hungry so he decided to snack on a small bag of chips, he pai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter