[New] Chapter 3

Perfect Match

Trish’s POV

                I had been talking to Hunnie or rather Sehun, my soulmate, I like pet names so sue me, and something started bugging me about my conversation with Nat a few weeks ago. It wasn’t her denial. I already know the reasoning behind that. Hmm what is it. Xing, Xing, Xing, something about him. Hey Sehun, weird question but Lay’s real name is Zhang Yixing right? And he’s Chinese, right? Mhm. Why are you asking? Don’t tell me you want to leave me for my hyung! Oh stop being dramatic love. Has he happened to mention if he’s had his soul matched yet? Not that I know of. Why? Just curious about something but it’s entirely possible that I’m wrong. Ooooooh, What are you curious about? Just because he hasn’t said anything doesn’t mean he hasn’t been. Sometimes people are just more private about it. I haven’t told anyone about you yet. He hasn’t mentioned me to his friends. Ouch, I feel important… Hey stop that! You are too, you are important to me Jagiya. I just want to wait until I can show you off in person to everyone.

                Awe okay Hunnie, I understand. Anyways the reason I asked all those questions about Yixing is because my best friend has found her soulmate but she wants nothing to do with him. Okay? I chuckled hearing the confusion in his voice. Just wait baby, I’ll get to the point in a second. Anyways so she has this aversion to all things soulmate related so she has been blocking hers out since day one. However, recently she’s been talking to him a lot about EXO. What really got me thinking was that he told her to call him Xing, because they don’t know each other’s real names. But here’s the part that really peaks my curiosity, he is Chinese and is currently living in South Korea. Don’t you think it’s strange?

 Hmm, maybe. It’s not impossible. Yixing hyung probably wouldn’t tell us he found his match if she’s putting up that much of a fight. I mean why would she do that? Your soul mate is supposed to be everything you didn’t know you were missing and needed. I know. She has some trauma in her past that left her pretty scarred. Physically she is okay but it’s just about ruined her perception of soulmates. I could feel his understanding and care washing over me. Being connected to someone was such a wonderful feeling. I hope on day Natalie can feel this too. I’ll talk to hyung and see if anything has changed. Oh, what is the nickname your friend uses? Thanks baby you’re the best. Um I’m pretty sure she is using the name Neko. I know it’s late there so try to get some sleep. Goodnight Jagiya.

Sehun’s POV

                I know I told Trish I’d go to sleep but what she told me had me really thinking. Yixing hyung had been acting kind of strange recently. He seemed more down than usual. Maybe Trish’s hunch is right. I knocked on hyung’s door and waited for his okay to enter. “Ah, Sehunnie what’s up?” He asked looking slightly confused as to why I was here.

                “Hyung, can I talk to you about something for a second.” I sat down on the floor beside his bed. Yixing hyung gave me a serious look before nodding. “So, ah, were to start. Um, I’ve been talking to my soul mate recently.” Hyung’s eyes went wide and a grin graced his face. “I’m a little down though because she lives in America. But I’m not especially worried about that. My soul mate, Trish,” wow I think that’s the first time I’ve said her name out loud, “well she has a friend who she is really worried about.” This had Yixing furrowing his eyebrows confused. “I want to help her since seeing her friend like this, upsets her, but I’m unsure of how to go about this.”

                “What do you want to do Sehunnie?” Yixing asked quietly.

                “I want to help her friend meet her soulmate but to do that I have to find him.” I explained hoping he would take the bait.

                “How do you expect to find her soulmate when there are over four billion people in the world?” His question was logical and typically that’s what I would say if anyone ever told me to help them find their soulmate.

                “Well I know a few things. One her soul mate is in Korea. He is from China but is currently living here. So that at least narrows it down a little. Trish’s friend is really against soulmates however and has been blocking hers out. They haven’t even exchanged their real names.” I saw something flash through hyung’s expression. Are you with your friend? Yea, why? Did anything weird just happen? No? Why should it? Also, why the hell are you awake? Go to bed! I will, just keep watch on your friend for a few minutes. I could feel her confusion but I needed to see if this would work. “Are you okay hyung? You’re acting pretty fidgety.” He was acting that way now. I had been silent for a good minute and in that time, he’d started bouncing his legs and tapping his finger on the floor. “Now I know this isn’t the most info to go off but it’s the only thing I have besides the names they use with each other.” I paused to gaze at his reaction.

                “What would those be?” Hyung asked trepidly.

                His reaction is exactly what I wanted. He is nerves were really getting to him. He was biting his lip and fiddling with his fingers. All I have to do now, is wait a little longer.

Natalie’s POV

                I was studying in the living room with Trish when I started getting goosebumps across my skin and began to feel kind of twitchy. I shook my head to forget about the weird nerves and tried to focus on reading this psychology article. I got up and walked into my room to get some putty to fidget with. Maybe this will help me concentrate better. I started to knead the small object in one hand while I sat and attempted to red once more. Gah, this stupid feeling won’t go away. It’s like an incessant hum of nervous energy right underneath my skin.

                “Hey Nat?” I looked over at Trish. “Are you okay?” I raised an eyebrow at her question. “Your kind of staring off in to space and I’m starting to feel sorry for that putty. You’re really twisting the out of it.” I looked down at my hands and realized she was right. At some point, I had started using both of my hands to knead it. I could tell by the lines in it that I really had been twisting it a lot. I furrowed my eyes brows and thought about what I was feeling.

                “Honestly I don’t know.” I sighed. “I’m really antsy right now and I know it’s not about this stupid research paper because this is the easiest BS I’ve ever had to do. It just came out of nowhere too.” I saw something akin to recognition or understanding pass through her eyes.

                “Could it be Xing? You did say he felt your worry for me a few weeks ago.” Could that be it? I thought I’d been doing a better job of keeping him out since then. Damn, if I could feel his feelings then maybe my walls are crumbling faster than I thought. “Hey, don’t stress,” of course Trish could read me like a book, “if you’re really worried about letting him in then all you have to do to get him out is simple.” I looked at her expectantly. “Just ask him what is wrong.”

Sehun’s POV

                “Sehunnie are you going to let me know what their names are so I can help you?” Hyung asked expectantly.

                I hummed in response and let my gaze scan his arms, watching for the moment when his soulmate wrote to him. If their connection is even half as blocked as Trish says it is then there is no way a message wouldn’t show up on there. “I don’t know.” Yixing hyung only looked confused at my reply.  He was about to speak when I interrupted and simply point at his right arm. “I think you already know who I’m talking about. Don’t you? Why haven’t you told anyone about Neko?” Hyung paled when he saw the message and began to look ashamed. “If you were having trouble with your soul mate you should have told someone. We all know how much you’ve been waiting for this. There’s no need to go through this alone.” I hope my reassurance could get through to him.

                “I’m sorry Sehun.” He spoke quietly.

                “There’s no need to be sorry Hyung. At least now you’re not alone. You’ve got two people who can help you through this!” I said enthusiastically while Yixing hyung looked confused and mouthed, two? I simply rolled my eyes, “Me and my soulmate. Come on hyung! Did you already forget what I told you at the beginning of this conversation?” He simply exclaimed ‘Oh’, quietly. “By the way, you are the only one I’ve told about it. I want to wait to let the others know. I’m hoping to surprise them the next time we go to America on tour. Heck, maybe we can both surprise them then. Hopefully we’ll have your soulmate thing all figured out and if not, well we’ll figure it out as we go. Neko can’t keep you out forever.” Hyung nodded and that was all the assurance I needed. He wouldn’t keep this to himself anymore. He had someone he could talk to. Everything would end up just fine.

Authors Note:

Sorry I got a little color and font crazy. Green italics is Sehun telepathy talk and Pink is Trish's telepathy. If it gets confusing in the future let me know and I will figure something else out since I plan on revamping it after I finish writing this. I have another chapter and a half done but I don't know when I will post chapter four yet. Stay tuned and thanks for being so patient with this story!