009

This Girl, That Girl

 

It’s tomorrow. I hope it’s okay.” Hana walked Mark towards his car.

I’ll call you then. So, do you want me to pick you up or meet you at the party?” Mark asked with a grin as they the Huracan. Jackson and Kai were walking behind them, chatting.

I’ll meet you there. See you then.” Hana nodded, she turned to Jackson.

Thanks for coming. And it was nice to finally meet you properly.” She said and offered her hand, Jackson smiled and hugged her instead. Mark’s eyes widened, but Hana just laughed and hugged him back.

And, yes, you can come by anytime if you want.” She mused, Jackson let go of her.

I have to go change, I have a meeting in an hour. Thanks for coming, guys.” She said before jogging back to the warehouse slash garage.

“It was like stepping into the set of Tokyo Drift,” Jackson mused, Kai grinned at him.

“Fast and Furious?” Mark asked, the male nodded, then he paused when Kai walked towards him.

“No, I wont give you the whole talk about not hurting Hana, because I know you can’t hurt her. She has no feelings. Nada. Nothing.”

Mark grew amused.

“Just keep her name clean, okay?” Kai slapped his arm before heading back to the building.

 

 

Hana took her seat across the two males.

“This is our proposal for the new eco park, vice president.” He said politely, Hana opened the envelope.

“Ah, and we heard about your engagement, congratulations.”

“Thank you.” Hana said with a quick smile, she mentally shuddered.

“You managed to talk to the landowners?” She asked, her brows rose up.

“Yes, we offered them higher prices for their land.”

Hana nodded, then her phone pinged.

She excused herself before taking out the device.

It was a message from Mrs. Tuan, she bit her lip before replying.

“Vice president?” Her secretary spoke, she looked up.

“Well, I will need time to review this. I will call you as soon as I’m done. Thank you.” She stood up before leaving the room.

“Is something wrong, ma’am?”

“No, I just got an invitation to dinner with the Tuans.”

“I thought you got along with the director Tuan?”

She blinked at him, the male pushed the door open and she walked in her office.

“There were pictures of you and him, I saw it this morning. You two were chatting and having drinks at Exodus.”

Hana sighed and plopped down on her seat.

“And, he visited your garage, there were photos of that too.”

“I’m trying to be…diplomatic.” She nodded, the male grinned.

“I don’t know if I’ll survive this. What if I really end up as Mrs. Tuan?” She panicked slightly, then the doors suddenly opened.

I need your help.” Mark was standing by the doorway.

 

 

Mark watched as Hana stood up, her secretary bowed before stepping out of the room.

Since you treated me to lunch, dinner is on me.”

“Tonight? Wow. Don’t you think we hang out too much?” She blinked.

“Seolah…She…She misunderstood. The photos of us, I think…” He trailed off.

“Your girlfriend? Oh..Okay.” She nodded and gestured for him to sit.

“I asked Jackson to reserve us a spot at her favorite restaurant. I’d like it if you meet her.”

“Sure. I’ll be there, can I bring a friend too?”

Kai? No problem.

“Although, I am a little worried that he and Jackson seem to get along so well.” She added.

“I..I don’t understand you.” Mark blurted, he bit his lip.

“Huh?”

“How are you so…calm and cool about all this?”

Hana bit her lip and looked at him.

“I have to always appear cool and calm.” She spoke, Mark grew confused.

Mark, in case you haven’t noticed, I’m an only child and my father before me.

Mark nodded.

I am expected to take over in a few years, and I am a woman.

I don’t understand..” Mark said.

If act irrationally, if I panic and people see it, it will be seen as me being weak. I’m already getting so much judgment for being vice president.

But why would people say that? You are the next president.

Mark, our circle is a little ist.” She explained, Mark paused.

That’s why I’m being quiet about all this, and I know it annoys you that it may seem that I’m not helping. That’s why I’m trying.

Mark smiled.

What now?” She mused.

You’re trying by befriending my girlfriend?

Well, since you’re not getting any progress with your parents, so why not, right?” She said dryly, Mark laughed.

Was that a jab at me?” He asked with a grin.

I’ll see you at dinner, Mr. Tuan.” She winked at him before walking him to the door.

 

 

“I really can’t do this alone!” Hana whined, very uncharacteristic of her, but Kai, on the other end was used to it.

“Am I the one marrying him? It’s you.” He replied as he swiveled to the other lane, he could hear Hana revving up the EVO’s engine in the background.

“Just be there, okay?” She pleaded.

“I’m already on my way, yeobo. Now, shut up and end this call.”

Love you!” She chimed before ending the call, Kai shuddered and just stepped on the gas.

After a few minutes, he finally arrived in front of a seaside restaurant; he eyed the Hawaiian themed building. He saw Jackson and another male standing by the restaurant’s gardens, the two were chatting animatedly. Then Mark joined them with a glass of pink liquid in hand.

“I sense danger.” He murmured.

Then he saw Hana’s black EVO easing up on the curb. The three males looked up as the car pulled over, Kai smirked and slid down from his car.

“Kai!” Jackson greeted, then Hana slid down from her car, she had changed from her usual work clothes and was clad in a pair of denim jeans and loose crop top.

“My new best friend!” Jackson called, Mark and the other male laughed.

Seolah watched as the girl shut the door to her odd looking car and walked towards them, she had a small polite smile on her face as she approached Mark and his friends. Seolah moved forward.

“Hana,” Mark smiled.

“This is Jaeb~”

“I know, Im Jaebum.” Hana grinned before hugging the male, Mark and Jackson paused.

“Neighbors.” Jaebum mused before the girl pulled back.

“I didn’t know you were in town, you should have called me.” She nagged, Kai reached them and grinned at the male.

“I see you two are still friends. No casualties yet?” Jaebum mused.

Hey,” Mark nudged her, Hana looked up as a young lady joined them.

Kai’s brows rose briefly.

“Hana, this Seolah, my girlfriend.” Mark said, Hana smiled and offered her hand.

“Nice to finally meet you, Seolah-ssi.”

Seolah bit her lip before taking the girl’s hand.

“Same here.” Seolah let go of the girl’s hand.

Kai’s eyes widened as he looked at the girl’s face properly, he looked at Hana.

“I’m sorry about all this really, I know it’s looks really bad, but if there’s one thing that wont happen, it’s that wedd~” Hana suddenly halted.

Kai panicked.

Han?” Mark spoke, Seolah’s gaze went to him.

Oh my god.” Hana took a step back, she collided with Mark.

Hana?” Jackson was confused.

“Y—You’re that unhygienic~” Kai’s hand suddenly clasped over .

Seolah blinked. Mark just tilted his head at the girl.

“Okay, it’s time to feed the beast! She gets really weird and dysfunctional when she’s hungry. Shall we go in?” Kai said with a smile, while Hana tried to wriggle free from his grasp.

“Y—yeah, let’s go inside.” Mark nodded, before taking Seolah’s hand and pulling her to the building, Jackson and Jaebum followed.

Kai exhaled and let go of Hana as soon as the others were out of earshot.

“Ilse’s girl!” Hana balked.

 

 

“Lee Hana, not all your thoughts should escape your mouth.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++