02/09/2017 Part 2

Dear Diary

 

I got occupied with cooking in the kitchen making us some breakfast but I changed my mind on the menu and I decided to make some hot soup and just light stuff for Jaehyun, he looked tired and he is for sure a little sick. I smiled at myself for some reason, it was just so sudden and my heart feels all warmed up.

30 minutes in the kitchen and everything was ready, I was about to leave when my phone vibrated on the table, I picked it up in a hurry without even checking the caller's ID

 "Hello?" I said and the other side of the line surprised me with a gentle, obviously a morning sleepy, voice

"Hi good morning"

my eyes widened for a second and my heart started racing again, it felt like those mini heart attacks you get when you realize that you might have lost something, it was Taeyong 

"Oh hi," I said rather confused and nervous ... I was so bad at hiding it

"I'm sorry did I woke you up?"

"No not at all, I was making breakfast ... what is it?"

"Oh well, I just wanted to ask if you heard from Jaehyun?" 

I stopped a little, I looked through the kitchen's door, Jaehyun was peacefully sleeping on my couch, he came here for a reason. He wanted to get away and I understand

"No," I said "Not after you called me yesterday ... I don't know" 

"Ah ok ... well I thought maybe he ... contacted you" 

"Hmmm ... No not really, you told me he was home"

"Oh" ... "Yes well, he was but when I called to check on him last night, they said that he wasn't so, ..."

"I see, well I'll let you know if I hear from him"

"Ok please do" 

"Sure."

and we hang up. I sighed, I shouldn't have lied but I guess it was for the best here, I don't know but Jaehyun wasn't in the best condition and I just couldn't say something on his behalf. Anyways, I shook it off, his sleepy voice and worried tone, his image calling me while still in bed with his bed hair and flattery eyes, I shook it all off my mind and I went inside the living room to wake Jaehyun up for breakfast.

I got closer to him and kneeled in front of his face and just tapped his shoulder a little "Jaehyun-ah, wake up let's eat"

I said and he lifted his head up and opened his eyes looking at me, I can't deny, he looked cute, with his bed hair and tucked under the blanket, just like how I imagined Taeyong would be ... Wait!! No that's not true I can't compare Taeyong to Jaehyun it doesn't make sense so I shook it off too ... I seem to be shaking things off a lot lately.

He sat up, eyes half-opened and obviously still sleepy "Come on let's go to the kitchen" and he nodded, he looked rather weak though, and feeling worse than earlier, he seemed exhausted and a little dazed. As he walked toward the kitchen, I could sense his hazy moves "Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded not saying a word. 

He had his breakfast, actually, he barely touched anything, he looked at me and said "I'm done, thank you it was good, I just want to go back, I should be going now, it's getting late and you probably have things to do"

but I didn't want him to leave 

"NO" I half screamed "I don't mind, plus it's Sunday, I've got nothing to do"

He smiled weakly and stood up "I know but I think I should go" he walked away from the table and I followed right behind him as he suddenly wobbled, his feet giving up and he leaned on the wall for support.

He took me by surprise "JAEHYUN" I screamed and hurried to his side. I wrapped my hand around his waist and helped him stand up properly "You are not going anywhere" I said worried out of my mind and we both walked to the living room again back from where we started on the couch.

I made him sit him down and he didn't resist any of my actions, he laid down and I covered him up again, his eyes immediately were closed shut and only his breaths coming up and down quickly could be heard like a swift summer wind.

I put my palm against his forehead

"When did that happen?" I asked not particularly to anyone and I directly went to the bathroom looking for any kind of medicine that might help and I came back with few pillboxes, I helped him gulp a couple and I even brought a wet towel and a bowl of cold water.

I sat next to him on the floor, I felt bad for what happened, he looked exhausted, even though nothing was too serious but I couldn't just let him leave like that, he would open his eyes from time to time to look at me and I just smile, he blinks and fell back to sleep, we never exchanged a word, he was merely sleeping the whole afternoon and I was just pacing back and forward to check on him and doing different things around the house but eventually, I fall asleep my head next to his arm on the couch while my body still sitting on the floor.

I woke up around 5 pm, I picked my head up automatically looking for Jaehyun to check on his fever again but he wasn't there. The Nike outfit I gave him last night was neatly folded on the table, and I was on the couch instead *How the hell did I get here?* I wondered and that's when I realized,

He Was Gone.

I stood up startled, tossed away the blanket, and started looking for him around my apartment but of course, he wasn't here, he left. I picked up my phone and called him

"Hi honey" 

"Oh no, DO NOT HONEY ME" I screamed 

"I'm sorry but I had to go"

"Are you okay?"

He laughed "Are you getting soft now?" 

"You are sick how could you just get out like this?" 

"I'm fine, I'm home, I swear, just resting in my bed don't worry"

"Jaehyun it's not ...." but he interrupted me

"Hey," he said so gently across the line "Thank you" 

I sighed "Jaehyun please" 

"No really thank you, I owe you"

"You don't owe me anything, just take care okay?"

"I will, ... hey?"

"What?"

"Can I call you later?"

"Sure you can call me later" I smiled

"Okay then I will... bye"