Chapter 2: The Ball (Part 1)

Grilfriend for Hire 2 : Your Love

THAT NIGHT…

 

CHAERIN

 

I don’t know how many times I checked my phone for any miscalls or text from Dara but there’s none. I also called her for 8 times now but she’s not answering.

 

Did Unnie kidnap my girlfriend?! Oh stop it Chaerin, why would Bom do that?

 

I try to calm down and I don’t care if I look like a fool in front of these people who keeps on looking at me. I’ve been standing at the door since 8 and its ing 8:30 but there’s no sign of her. I sigh and bit my lower lip when someone taps me from behind.

 

I saw Minho smiling, I give him a hug and he hugs me back. He’s still handsome as always and many girls are still trying to get his attention but after Jiyeon broke his too, he’s afraid to trust and love again. He admits to me that she likes Dara but assure me that he won’t get in my way.

 

He’s my cousin so I trust him a lot and he helped me when I’m having trouble with Dara and I’m lucky to have him on my side.

 

“Still no sign of your future wife?” he asked, teasing me “Arrghhh I’m going to kill Bom-Unnie if something happens to her.” He laughs at me and shook his head.

 

“As if you can kill her, he’s the Bominator!”

 

Oh yeah I forgot that, I just stick out my tongue at him as he continue on laughing at me again “But seriously speaking, are you sure you’re ready to do this?” he asked me, I look at him with my eyebrows furrows “Of course I’m sure, why you ask?”

 

“Hmm nothing, I’m just worried about Dara.”

 

“What do you mean.” He looks around for a while then looks back at me “You know how our society works and she’s not used to this kind of environment. That’s why she kept things from you, right?” I nod my head at him.

 

“I just want to make sure that you’re ready to defend her all the time. It won’t be easy Chaerin especially that Jiyeon is not yet giving up on you.”

 

I know what he’s talking about, to be honest, if only I can go live somewhere with Dara, I already did but I have responsibilities here with my family and our business but I know what I need to do. I give Minho a small smile.

 

“Don’t worry Oppa, I know what I’ll do and I promise you that I’ll defend her all the time. I won’t let anyone say nasty things to her or they’ll face my wrath.”

 

He laughs once more and I don’t even know why “Seungri’s right, you really are in love. Geez Chae, you’re not who you are back then.” And smile proudly at him.

 

I’m proud to say that I change my ways and life since Dara came into my life. No more night outs for me, if I do go out, I made sure I’m with her but since she doesn’t want us to go public, I always on phone with her when I go out with my close friends which knows that me and Dara are a thing.

 

I respect her decision to keep it private for a while. It does help us to have a peaceful and happy relationship but there comes a point that I need to tell the world that I am taken and won’t be available for the rest of my life again.

 

I just wish one thing, that after this night, nothing will change but I know that’s impossible. I hear commotions behind me when I saw some girls looking at someone entering the mansion.

 

“I think your Princess Dara is here.” I heard Minho said, I walk towards the door not minding if I’m being rude squeezing my body to get through, I want to see my lovely girlfriend and there she is!

 

“Oh she’s hot!” I hear a male’s voice behind me; I didn’t get mad because he just took the words out of my mouth. I am going to thank Unnie later and I’ll give her one year supply of corn! I hurriedly went to her and she smiles at me.

 

“Sorry we’re late baby.” She said and planted a kiss on my right cheek, I feel my face getting warm and I know I’m blushing, I saw Bom-Unnie smirking at me and I just wink at her.

 

“Its okay babe though you got me worries.” I answered back “Worried? Why?” Dara asked as we make our way towards the house.

 

“Well I thought Unnie is the one driving and got into an accident.”

 

“Yah! I’m just right here, I told you I’ll take care of your girl!” she said, me and Dara laughs then Unnie notices the girls looking at her best friend.

 

“Okay you b*tches who keep on looking at me best friend like you’re prettier than her, step back or I’ll punch your ugly faces!!” she shouted “Honey come on, don’t be rude.” Seunghyun-Oppa said.

 

“I’m not, I’m just telling the truth.” I laugh out loud, I really love our Unnie “I said step back, are you deaf?” we didn’t stop until we reach the inside and I immediately look for my parents.

 

“Mom! Dad!” I called them; I wave my hand at them and points at Dara. Their smiles got wider when they saw her “There you are finally!” My Dad said and hugs her.

 

“What took you so long? Chaerin almost called the police to track you and these lovebirds to see if you’re okay.” I give a peace sign to Bom-Unnie who raised an eyebrow at me “You really don’t trust my driving skills eh?”

 

They laugh at Bom when she slaps Chaerin’s shoulder “Go ahead and have something to drink first then we’ll inform you girls if it’s time.” My Dad said, we all nod and I walk them towards the bar on the side. While we are going there, I make sure that every girls will sees me with my beloved wife. I don’t want them to think that I’m not serious about this girl.

 

I ask for a light drink for her, I don’t want her to get drunk because the night is still young and her siblings will kill me for sure. Actually, Mi-na and Minji are supposed to be here but Dara said she doesn’t want her sisters to be drag in case some malicious people or media will try to make fake news about her personality.

 

“I hope you’re not nervous Dara.” Seunghyun-Oppa said and smiled at her “To be honest, I’m nervous but I know Chaerin will be there with me so I’m trying to calm down my nerves.” She answered.

 

It goods to hear that the person you love give her one hundred percent trust at you. As you guys know, I’ve been a bad sheep to my family. Making them the headlines of the news because of the stupid and childish things I did in the past. When I met Dara, she somewhat changed me though she didn’t ask me to but I did it because I love her so damn much.

 

“Yes baby, you don’t need to worry. If ever they tried to insult you or make fun of you, I’ll make sure they won’t see the light of day tomorrow, right Unnie?” I said. “Oh you got that right Chae. I have a gun in my purse and I will shoot them the moment they open their mouths.” We all laugh at her when Mom motion for us that it’s time.

 

I look at Dara and extend my arms towards her “Are you ready?” I asked her and she nods her head “Starting this day, I don’t have any reason to hide you from them. I promise you, our lives will change for good.” I said.

 

 

 

 

Morning! Sorry if this update is a bit short, I have other stories to update and today is holiday in Manila so this is the only time I'm not that busy, I'll try to post another update within this week and of course the update for Back to Your Heart :) Take care everyone!