The New Beginning

Grilfriend for Hire 2 : Your Love

Chaerin

 

Today is the day! I’ve been waiting for this day for the entire week and now I’m so excited that it’s today is Friday. It’s not that it’s the last day of work, I can have my rest day anytime and any day I want but since my beloved girlfriend is also working here, I make sure that I don’t miss a single day working.

 

In two weeks, we’re going to celebrate our 1st year Anniversary and everything I plan on that day are almost done, I hope she will like the surprise I prepare for her. Me and Dara have been together for 11 months and 2 weeks and those months are the best days of my life.

 

We’ve been through a lot lately, if someone of you doesn’t know yet how we met, well I hired her to pretend to be my girlfriend. We have conditions and some do’s and don’ts. The hardest condition I ever did is trying not to fall for her but I FAILED.

 

I feel in love not because she’s pretty but to tell you honestly, I don’t know the reason why and I don’t give a care. As long as she’s in my life, I’ll be the happiest person alive!

 

I grab my phone on the side of my desk and read the text message from her. A smile instantly appears on me face as I read her message.

 

From : My Wife

     Hey y! I’m almost done with my work. I can’t wait to see you later. I miss you baby <3

 

I always feel giddy every time she calls me baby. I really love this girl and I’ll do anything for her. I quickly compose a text and send it to her.

 

     I can’t wait to see you later too babe. I keep on looking at my watch just to check if it’s already 5 in the afternoon. I miss you more and I love you.

 

I tried not to smile from ear to ear because my brothers might saw me smiling like a fool, especially Seungri-Oppa who is so sneaky these past few months. He keeps on asking me when will I propose to Dara? I want too but it’s too early. Like what she said, we have to take it one step at a time. No rushing.

 

I hear a knock on my door and I told the person to come in. As the door opens, I saw a young guy entering my office with a bouquet of flowers on his hand.

 

“Here are the flowers you ordered Ms. Lee.” He said and hand me over the bouquet. I smile how beautiful the arrangement is. It’s a bouquet of pink roses, like the colour she likes.

 

“Thank you and here’s a tip.” I said, he bows down his head and can’t believe how much I gave him “Thank you so much Ms. Lee! Now I have money to spend for my project. Thank you again!” he bows down once more before he left my room.

 

I stand up from my chair and grab my purse on the couch near the door. As I leave my office, some of our employees smiled at me and looks at the flowers I’m holding “A lovely flowers for a lovely girl huh, Ms. Lee?”

 

I laugh on what he said but I agree “Yes. The most beautiful girl in the world.” I answered “I bet Dara-ssi will love those.”

 

“I hope so. I have to go, I want to surprise her downstairs.” I wave my hands at him and proceed to the elevator. I push the down button a couple of times, I’m afraid that Dara will see me there and my surprise will be ruin.

 

Once the door of the elevator opens, I wish that I should take the other one on the right side. I saw my two Oppa’s talking inside the elevator and it’s too late to hide the flowers I’m holding. I went inside because I know they won’t let me wait for another one.

 

The door closes and of course, here comes my annoying Oppa’s.

 

“What do we have here? Our little Chae is being sweet all of a sudden.” Jiyong-Oppa said “Maybe she wants to get score later on. Poor Chae, she can kiss Dara but no she can never—“he didn’t continue what he was about to say when I hit him with my purse.

 

Jiyong-Oppa laughs at him while I smirk “Serves you right. I’m not a ert like you Oppa and I know how to wait for the right time.” I answered “Well you should have said that instead of hitting me with your purse. What do you have inside? A brick?!”

 

I didn’t answer his question when the door opens and I went out of the elevator. I check my phone to see if there’s a text message from her and there is one “You’re going to wait for her here?” Seungri-Oppa asked me, I nod my head because I’m busy reading her text message and again a smile appears on my face.

 

‘Being in love makes you act like an idiot.’ I hear my brother say ‘If she hears you, there’s a possibility that her knuckle will land on your face.’ My other brother said.

 

I try to ignore them as I continue reading the text message from Dara.

 

From: My Wife

     Are you still in your office? Do you want me to wait for you here or downstairs?

 

I decided to call her instead of answering her through text message. I press the number 1 button on my phone, it’s a speed dial and she’s on number 1, well actually she’s on my speed dial from number 1 to 5 and the rest is my family and her siblings.

 

“Chae?” I hear her answer the call “Hey baby! Wait for me downstairs okay? I need to talk to Dad first about something.”

 

“Okay babe. By the way, what time are you going to pick me up later?” she asked “Around 8:30 so you have plenty of time to get dress but don’t worry because I’m sure that you’ll be the most gorgeous lady tonight.”

 

I hear her giggle and god I feel giddy again “I wonder what they are talking about? Is it about ?!” Seungri-Oppa said “Is that Oppa? He’s there with you in your office?”

 

I give my brother a deadly look and he hides behind Jiyong who apologize to me “Uhm yes, he and Jiyong-Oppa because you know, we need to talk to our Dad about something.” I answered.

 

“Okay y. I’m about to go in the elevator. I’ll hang up okay? I love you.” I look at my brothers and the I care if they hear me “I love you more baby.” And she ended the call.

 

“I love you more baby, so much that it hurts.” I know he won’t stop until I punch him on the face so that’s what I did “Yah! Why did you do that huh?!” instead of answering, I look at the elevator and it almost reach the ground level. I run towards the front desk to ask if there is someone with her.

 

“No Ms. Lee, she’s all alone inside.” Mia answered me; I thank her and run towards the front of elevator. I hope my two brothers didn’t follow me. I place the bouquet of flowers in front of me face, like I’m hiding from her then I hear the elevator door opens.

 

Ding!

 

I don’t know how but I can tell if Dara is the one standing behind me or she’s close to me and this time, I felt it again “For my lovely soon to be wife.” I remove the flowers covering my face and I saw her standing inside a bit shock but soon recover and smile at me.

 

I extend my hand at her and she accepts it. I hand her over the flowers and watch smelled it “It’s so pretty baby.” She said “So do you like it?” I asked her.

 

“I do babe. I thought there’s a weirdo standing in front of the elevator covering her face with a bouquet of flowers.”

 

“So I’m a weirdo huh?” she grins at me and pulls me closer to her “Yes you’re my weirdo. The one that I love.” She said.

 

I smiled and planted a soft kiss on her lips “Oh get a room! There are a lot of people passing by and you two acts like there is no one here!” we hear Seungri-Oppa said “Come now Seungri, I know you just misses you wife as much as I misses mine.” Jiyong-Oppa said and pulls our brother away

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA

 

I wave my hand at Chaerin and watch her car speed off. She told me to rest for a while and that she’ll pick me up at exactly 8 in the evening. I look at my watch as I climb up the stairs of our apartment.

 

5:45 pm

 

I’ll take a one hour nap then I’ll take a bath. These past few months, I’m regaining my life back to normal. I have plenty of sleep now because my work is from Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Though I still have another work beside this, I only work Saturday and Sunday for three hours in one of their company too.

 

I made a promise to his Dad that I won’t look for another job beside those two or he’ll be mad at me. I respect him and his wife a lot, they treat me and my siblings like their own daughters so I’m being loyal to them.

 

By the way Minji is about to graduate, so I’m going to resign from the work I have in weekends two months before she graduates. Being a secretary in their company pays me a lot. It covers all of the bills I need to pay but still I decided to have more than one job to support Mi-na’s maintenance medicines.

 

I fish out my keys to unlock the door and once I open it, I saw my sisters talking to Bom. I’m surprise to see her there. We still see each other every day. Sometimes, me and Chaerin drops by at the store after work or Bom goes there then we’ll go out and eat with Seunghyun and oh they are now engage.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked here and place my things on the table “Well I came here to help you for your first grand ball tonight!” she excitedly said.

 

“Bom, I can manage okay. You’re going to that ball too so you need to fix yourself.?”

 

“Yes but I want you to look good tonight and be the envy of all the b*tches who will attend it. Also we’re the ones who will bring you to the mansion.” I stop from walking towards the kitchen to get some water “Excuse me?” I answered.

 

“I won’t repeat it Dara. I know you heard me.” My two sisters laugh at me “But Chaerin said that—“

 

“Call her then and tell her I’ll be the one driving you there.”

 

“Bom come on, you know that I—“ she stands up, take my bag and get my phone inside “Pass code?”

 

“Uhm here let me type it.” I answered, I don’t want them to hear my pass code “No, give me the code and I’ll type it.” She said.

 

“I won’t give you my code. That’s against my privacy.”

 

“CODE DARA!” I sigh and rolled my eyes at her “Okay fine. My pass code is ahm.. Sandara Lee.” I look at Bom as she types the code, Minji and Mi-na already realized what I said but Bom doesn’t. Then she looks at me and raised her eyebrow.

 

“Sandara Lee? Where the did you get that code?” she asked me “Chaerin made it so..”

 

“So if Chaerin made this code, does it mean that her code is Chaerin Park???”

 

“Wow Unnie, you’re so brilliant nowadays.” Minji butted in “Shut up! Are you two done with your homework?”

 

“I don’t have homework Unnie.” Mi-na answered “Neither do I.” Minji added.

 

“Okay so just keep quiet and I’ll call Chaerin.” I watch her search for her name on me contacts “You can press 1; she’s on my speed dial.”

 

She didn’t say any word and just look at me. We all waited for Chaerin to answer the call when she told me she puts it on speaker mode “Hey babe! Miss me?” I look at my sisters and they stop laughing.

 

“Hey babe but I’m not your babe, it’s Bom-Unnie.” Bom said “Unnie? Why are you using my girlfriend’s phone to call me? You don’t have your own phone?”

 

“I do but I’m too lazy to get it. I left it on the sofa and now I’m standing near the window on Dara’s apartment.” She answered and I just shook my head “What are you doing there? You should be at home getting ready for the ball.”

 

“I am getting ready for tonight and same goes with you BABE. I’m going to help her to get dress and she’s coming with us too later so don’t pick her up.”

 

“What?!! No, I’m going to pick her up! I already told her that!”

 

“That’s why I’m calling you dummy to tell you don’t pick her up later!”

 

“But why?! This is our first ball together, so I need to—“

 

“CHAERIN! I DON’T NEED TO REPEAT THE WORDS I SAID! JUST WAIT FOR US THERE, UNDERSTAND?!”

 

“Uhm okay Unnie but please take care of my baby and let Seunghyun-Oppa drive the car.”

 

“I’m a good driver but okay.”

 

“Whew! What a relief?!”

 

“What?!”

 

“Nothing. Can I talk to Dara?”

 

“No, you have all nigh to talk to her.”

 

“Come on Unnie, even for a minute.”

 

“NO!”

 

“Unnie please I—“

 

“GOODBYE!” and Bom ended the call just like that “Why you hang up on her like that??” I asked her.

 

“She’s annoying me and please don’t ask any more questions because you two are giving m headaches!” I just sigh, went to her side and was about to grab my phone but she’s too fast so I didn’t have the chance to take it “No phone for a while, go to sleep. I’ll wake you up later.”

 

I didn’t protest anymore. It’s hard to argue with Bom-Unnie so I just keep my mouth shut.

 

I went inside my room and lay down on me bed. I place the bouquet of flowers on me side and I stare at the ceiling for a moment while thinking of Chaerin. A sweet smile appears on my lips as I remember her standing in front of the elevator door.

 

It’ll be awkward if I’m not the one standing there but somehow I think she knows if it’s me or not.

 

This is my first ball with her and she told me that she’ll officially introduce me as her girlfriend. I have mix feelings about that, I’m excited and at the same time I’m scared but I know Chaerin will be there for me the whole night so I’ll try to keep myself calm.

 

As I drift off to sleep, all I could think about is my baby pudong looking y tonight.

 

 

 

Sorry for the typo error, will edit later :)