Assurance

soft

The second time it happens, it takes both of them by surprise.

\

After that night, Seungcheol finds himself thinking more about Jeonghan. It distracts him during practice and his free time. Seungcheol said before that he doesn't mind - but he was wrong. He does mind. He minds a lot. So he makes it a point to annoy Jeonghan as much as Jeonghan annoys him in his thoughts.

He does several things; Poke him, bends his knees during fan meets, even yell a lot too much for Jeonghan's comfort. Yet, Jeonghan has been an angel about it. He tolerates it and sighs but the next moment, he sends Seungcheol finger hearts and air kisses after them. It fuels Seungcheol's fiery, competitive heart. He does it so effortlessly, and they keep up with each other’s bull so much. It’s almost romantic.

One example was a simple fan meet. Jeonghan pokes at Seungcheol first, telling the fan that something he would say to Seungcheol is "I love you". The fans coos how sweet it is, as Jeonghan sneaks a peek towards Seungcheol general direction. It makes Seungcheol not only happy and mushy inside, but most importantly, annoyed. It’s this feeling. The feeling of wanting to smother Jeonghan with kisses. But also a pillow. He wants to push Jeonghan off a cliff, and also pull him into his arms to never let go.

Seungcheol figured his next best line of action he could do; is to send passive-aggressive messages to Jeonghan.

Who has the cutest sleeping face?

The fan asks him, and he can tell they’re shy about the question. Seungcheol gives them a reassuring smile and surveys his options.

  1. Chan
  2. Seokmin
  3. Jeonghan

 

Perfect.

The morning of that night resurfaces into Seungcheol's mind. Jeonghan's body was warm and felt nice on him. His arms were around Jeonghan's torso and Jeonghan's hands were lingering near his , resting near his tailbone.

He will never get Jeonghan's obsession with asses. Especially his . And Joshua's too.

The moment taught Seungcheol the meaning of living in the moment. Truly, living in the moment. He spent that moment only looking at Jeonghan’s face, staring longer than he should.

Jeonghan is beautiful, was his first thought. His second was, 'No duh,’

Jeonghan cheeks were red with warmth. There were even outlines on his skin that indicated that he was lying on a crease on the bed for far too long. His hair was a mess, and some strands even catch between his lips, and his lips -. His lips were agape which led to a line of drool. He does that whenever he had a full and comfortable sleep. He's the image of imperfection, and Seungcheol's heart can’t help but swell.

Seungcheol has a lot of moments he keeps close to himself, like when he first met s or their debut. The moment when he had his first fan-gift or the moment when he learned of his first fan-site. Those moments were as equal to this moment right here, when Jeonghan is in his arms, safe and sound. Hell, it might even be more special.

He circles Jeonghan's name with a warmth spreading throughout his chest.

He continues his chat with the fan, who giggles at the answer Seungcheol has given them. Jeonghan learns of what Seungcheol had done sooner or later, and he's so happy for being chosen that he sticks his hand down Seungcheol's back pocket to his while he talks to the Carats.

Seungcheol and Jeonghan find themselves alone in the dressing room. There's tension in the air, and the silence only made it thicker. There is no doubt that there's an unspoken thing between them. Jeonghan takes his clothes from the hangar, and so does Seungcheol.

Why is it so quiet? Where are the other members? Why is it just the both of them? Why they are so quiet now when they were practically full-on flirting on stage? It seemed that Jeonghan is thinking the same thing, and behind him, he hears Jeonghan clear his throat. Seungcheol's eyes dart to Jeonghan's. They make eye contact, then break it.

Awkward.

"So-"

"Uh-"

More awkward. Jeonghan is smiling, though, and his smile makes Seungcheol smile. They stand there, clothes in hand, facing each other.

Jeonghan clears his throat, Seungcheol his lips.

"I thought-"

"Do you-"

They both giggle. Rather than an awkward laugh, it was more of laughing-at-themselves kind of laugh.

"You go first," they both say at the same time. They're looking at each other in the eyes now, and Seungcheol's hearts leap at Jeonghan's wide smile. His smile makes Seungcheol smile even wider.

"Um," Jeonghan finally says without interruption or togetherness with Seungcheol. He giggles a bit before putting his clothes over a chair. "So,” Jeonghan looks down at his feet, as he does when he’s nervous or shy. Seungcheol doesn’t follow that line of thinking though. He knows it’s a trap when Jeonghan says “I look cute when I sleep?”, and looks up with a tiny smirk and mischief in his eyes.

Seungcheol’s eyes take a similar glint at that, and Jeonghan only giggles in response. His hands reach out to Seungcheol’s out of the habit of being too close to him and Seungcheol answers. “Yes, you look cute when you sleep – and,” Seungcheol squeezes Jeonghan’s hands, “And you said you love me?”

Jeonghan smile turns into a fake pout. It’s cute, Seungcheol thinks. It’s cuter when Jeonghan bites his lip and step closer. “I was playing it out,” Jeonghan nonchalantly says. “You know. For our Carats?” he shrugs, and Seungcheol laughs at that.

“That’s funny,” Seungcheol says and Jeonghan looks up to Seungcheol’s eyes.

They don't say anything, and the tension in the air snaps when Seungcheol leans into kiss Jeonghan, and Jeonghan lets go of one of Seungcheol’s hand to hold the nape of his neck instead. They kiss. It's unlike his imaginations. His imaginations were electrifying, a rush of emotions and waves of thrill that hits him as they part and kiss each other again and again. In reality, it's nothing. It's nothing because his heart stops before he could feel anything at all. He searches for where his heart went for a second before Jeonghan comes in closer and he puts pressure on him. He loses his mind next, and not even able to even think when Seungcheol pulls apart for a second before angling his head to have the optimal kiss-ability; when all he's got is to feel. As optimal as he can to feel Jeonghan anyway. He's never kissed before. Jeonghan admitted he had kissed a girl before, but Seungcheol was pretty sure it was just chaste kisses. They are both probably bad kisses. It doesn't really matter because Seungcheol's heart and mind are lost and all he could have is feel. He feels cushion lips that smile against his, he feels teeth underneath. Seungcheol is equally clumsy but heartfelt. It feels good. It feels right.

A thump interrupts. His heart and mind start working.

Instinctively, Seungcheol pulls away and turns around. Jeonghan’s hands leave him, and he feels empty all a sudden. Mingyu is the first to come in, and his hands are full with food.

“HYUNG! Look at what the fans brought us,” he exclaimed as he waved it around. “And I was gonna buy food, hehe,” he giggled and settled in down to the floor. The others soon entered one by one. After Mingyu, it was Joshua. He smiled kindly at Mingyu as he bragged about the food, then eyed Seungcheol and Jeonghan with a cat-like grin on his face. Or at least, that’s what he saw before a full smile replaced it once Seungcheol looked at Joshua.

Joshua smiles innocently, almost too innocent, and when Seungcheol stares for too long, he his head to one side. “Is there something wrong?” he asks, and he almost seems genuine.

Seungcheol shakes his head, almost with suspicion. Joshua nods. “Okay, I’m glad,” he finishes the exchange before he diverts his attention to Mingyu, who's taking the packets of food out of the big plastic bag to give out to the members.

He feels someone slide up beside him, and he turns to see Jeonghan around his arm with 2 packets. He offers Seungcheol one. Their hands brush against each other as Seungcheol accepts it.

It's dumb but they both blush, and their hearts register the high that had happened. It's thrilling, and only now does Seungcheol's heartbeat go faster. Jeonghan looks good when they came out of a make-out session. The flush on his cheeks compliments them.

Later that day, after the fansigns and meetings; after practice and dinner, they go finally go home. Jeonghan sits beside Seungcheol in the car as they head home, instead of the vocal team car. Seungkwan takes this opportunity to sit next to Vernon then, if Jeonghan can, he can too.

They kiss more that night. Making-out. They try to exhaust the skill, practicing it. Like an artist getting a new tool. Seungcheol learns that Jeonghan likes to hold hands during. Jeonghan learns that Seungcheol likes being nipped. They also both learn that they're both too cheesy for their own good. Most importantly, they learn that they love each other. After all, that’s what matters the most.