Revelation

soft

The first time was an accident, or, Seungcheol wished it was an accident.

 /

The air was hot and humid. It hung around Seungcheol’s body, and it was like a vacuum, pulling out all the sweat they could get from his body. It was suffocating, even without his shirt or his blanket covering him. He knows the culprit behind it, of course. He decided that he had had enough once he felt the sweat trickle down his back, and with a low grunt, got up.

Jeonghan’s bed was above him, so it was simple to climb up. Jeonghan's feet faced the ladder and the air conditioner, so Seungcheol's head could only barely miss hitting the air conditioner in his half-asleep daze. 

“Jeonghan,” Seungcheol whispered. It comes out hoarse and gruff, and it feels like something’s scraping in his throat due to its dryness. Though, it doesn’t stop him from calling out Jeonghan’s name another time. This time, he nudges Jeonghan’s , which elicits an annoyed groan from the culprit.

“What” Jeonghan whispers back, annoyed in his sleep. Seungcheol wondered how he had a blanket covering his entire being and not a of sweat on his forehead. He knew Jeonghan always felt cold, explaining why he always turned to leeching off the other member's warmth, but not this cold.

“Stop turning the air conditioner off,” Seungcheol says it like a command. Though he knew it would take more than that for Jeonghan to even listen, before following through something against his will.

Proving that point, Jeonghan whines and turned to the other side. “–‘s cold,”

“What?”

“Jihoon’s cold,” he replies the excuse coherently this time. Seungcheol looks over actual Jihoon, who is actually sleeping peacefully and actually very unbothered. Seungcheol remains unconvinced.

By the time Seungcheol looks over to Jeonghan, he already went back to sleep. And tired, Seungcheol turns on the air conditioner without his permission. Only for it to elicit a loud whine. "Jeonghan, it's hot, I'm melting, I need it on," he complained. Jeonghan sat up in response, bed hair and all, and whispered back.

"It's cold," - as if it was the final statement, and turned off the air conditioner.

"Jeonghan-" Seungcheol started to complain again, but Mingyu interrupts them with a loud groan. Seungcheol and Jeonghan looked towards the other bunk bed cautiously. They didn't want to wake the kids, after all. So in a softer tone, "Jeonghan," Seungcheol whispered. "I want to sleep. It's hot below, and I'm sweaty,"

Jeonghan pursed his lips and sighed. "I can't sleep if it's too cold, Cheol," he argued back in an equally soft tone. They stayed silent for a while, frustrated at their situation - until Jeonghan, tiredness taking over him, sighed and moved to one side. "Sleep with me then,".

Seungcheol looked at the empty space, confused.

"If you're too warm, you can warm me up, then we can turn on the air conditioner," he patted the space. "Come on," he mumbled, waiting.

Slowly, Seungcheol crawls beside Jeonghan, like a force was pulling him to and lies down on Jeonghan's other pillow. There was still sweat on his forehead, even some dripping from the ends of the strands. It didn't seem like Jeonghan minded it at all, as he ran his fingers through his almost-wet hair, and circled his arms around Seungcheol's chest. Jeonghan cuddled into his neck, and Seungcheol immediately begins to be conscious about the odor.

 Jeonghan is famous for tolerating and respecting the members anyway - from Junhui's need for skin ship to Jihoon's lack of need for it. It included Mingyu's lack of hygiene sometimes, Chan not wanting to be called "Jeonghan's baby" anymore or Soonyoung's lack of temper from time to time.

Now, he's cuddling Seungcheol like Jeonghan has never dissed him about the smell of his sweat before.

It wasn't the first time Seungcheol had thought "Wow, we're lucky to have someone as patient and respectful as Jeonghan - what a true angel" and though there are times when he wanted to take it back, he knew who Jeonghan was.

Jeonghan sighs and tightens his grip, and under his breath, he whispers. “This feels much better, Cheollie yah, you’re such a good heater,” he purrs. It twitches a feeling in Seungcheol’s heart and

Seungcheol wraps his arms around Jeonghan’s waist. It prompts for Jeonghan to burrow deeper. And that prompts Seungcheol’s thoughts to go deeper –

How comfortable is he with this? Is this behavior okay for two heteroual men? Is there even a heteroual explanation for this?  It’s not really the first time any guy cuddled up against Seungcheol. He remembers the very first time was Jihoon after he found him with red eyes, tear stains on his cheeks, fear in his eyes, and self-doubts on his lips. He remembers it as a pivotal moment in their friendship.

The following times were with the other members, other reasons like insomnia, nightmares, or the want for company. None of them really incited a feeling like he had with Jeonghan. Just friendship, and the want for the others to be happy. But it felt like something more with Jeonghan.

Seungcheol found out soon that Jeonghan felt the same anyway, as he felt lips against his.

He got out of his daze, to another session of half-awake dazing, but at Jeonghan this time as he pulled away.

“You look like you were deep in thought when you should be sleeping,” Jeonghan only mumbled that, and went back to burrowing his face in Seungcheol’s sticky, sweaty neck. Seungcheol didn’t know what he expected.

There could not be a heteroual way to explain this. And even if there was a way, Seungcheol would deny it anyway.

He’s not heteroual. Definitely not, after admiring Jeonghan’s now-blonde hair which seemingly looked like it was glowing under the faint moonlight that seeped through the curtains; Not after he stared at Jeonghan’s eyelashes and how pretty his cheeks was; And definitely not, after he looks at Jeonghan’s lips and thinks about making a move himself.

Seungcheol doesn’t make a move.

The main reason being, Jeonghan’s asleep. And also maybe he was scared that that kiss was just a result of a fever dream. Was it even a kiss? It was more like the brushing of lips, Seungcheol didn’t know, - there could be a Rules of Kisses book that he didn’t know about.

Jeonghan stirs, and his heart follows, but he only moves his position to be comfortable. “Goodnight Cheollie,” he whispers. “I love you,”

Seungcheol looks down again at Jeonghan, and he decides that he will never have rest if Jeonghan’s around. Seungcheol decides he doesn’t mind.

“Goodnight”