Home

Home

Staring blankly outside, specifically nowhere, Chaerin drinks her coffee which has been served to her about an hour ago. She's been back from Los Angeles two days prior to what date and time her agency knows. Yet, she never intended to show up.

She wanted to surprise the whole company, but one person she never like to see is the man he never really thought would confess his feelings for her - more than a sibling. The man he never expected to admire her the same way she did. The man she imagined having an eternity with. The man he dumped which she wished she never did.

"Aigoo, pabo Chaerin-ah." She scolded her self for the nth time as she thought while the memory of rejecting his offer being his official girlfriend passed her mind. Her thoughts went too deep to the point that she spilled her now cold coffee on coat while her phone rang. An unknown number is calling her.

"Yah, gizibe!" The voice on the other line spoke as soon as she answered the call and placed her phone on her ears.

"Unnie, tone it down." Her voice was so distinct that Chaerin immediately recognized.

"You never told me you are already in Korea. I already miss you." She can feel that the caller is already pouting on the other line while talking to her.

"Aigoo, this unnie. Very clingy." She shook her head at the thought.

"Yes. I just arrived 4 hours ago." She stated.

"Does he know you are here?" Bom suddenly spoke about the topic she never wished to come up, ever. "Oh, sorry. I never intended to as-"

"It is fine, unnie." Chaerin didn't let her finish what she was about to say. "And to answer your question, no. He doesn't know I arrived." Truth is, she wished he would know. She wanted to see him. She wanted to remind herself that things that she admired in him. She missed him so much.

She heard Bom sighed on the other line. Bom felt sorry for Chaerin. She wished Chaerin would have the sorted it out with Jiyong like the way she did with Seunghyun.

"You just need to have a good talk. Why not come over the apartment. I'm sure you're pretty bored staying in a hotel somewhere in the city. The girls already miss you."

"I miss you too. I just need some time alone, unnie. I will come to you if I'm ready. Tell the girls I miss them." She felt like crying at the concern of her friends. "I have to go. I'll see you soon. Love you."

"Okay. Bye. We'll see you soon, Chaerin. We love you too."

Bom was right. She needed a good talk. As soon as she hung up and put her phone down on the table, she finished her drink and got ready to leave. She got her phone, checked her reflection on it, and went out of the shop as she was placing her phone on the pocket of her trench coat and fishing her car keys.

She wasn't paying much attention to the street where is standing. Because of this, she bumped in to someone.

"Oh gosh! I'm sorry. I wasn't looking on th-" She stopped in the middle of her sentence as soon as she saw who did bumped in to her. The last person she was expecting to see today - Kwon Jiyong.

"Hunchae." He spoke in a sweet voice. His tone was like calling to her, luring her to him. She missed hearing his voice personally. His voice sent chills to her spine, making her shiver and her coat useless.

"Oh, Jiyong oppa. Hello." She managed to say despite her fast-beating heart. "I really have to g-"

He grabbed her by her arm as she passed his side, attempting to walk away. "Hunchae." He repeated the endearment like it was his everyday mantra. "Please do not treat me like this. I can't bear seeing you that way."

She looked into his eyes. Sincerity and longingness is what she saw. His tears are threatening to fall. She adjusted her position to face him and to prevent her from stumbling down on his feet, then run her thumb on his face to caress it. He noticed he grew some stubbles on his chin.

"He's been very affected. He, too, isn't taking this very well." She thought. She was about to kiss him, but she was taken aback by the thought that they were standing in the middle of the street, in public, very much exposed to the people. Instead, she aimed for his ear to whisper.

"I'd like to talk somewhere private." His hold on her arm softened as he released her arm. His touch was enough to make her feel safe and alive.

He then led her to his car, opening the door of the shotgun seat for her. She went inside the car and waited for them to go. Jiyong drive off through the buildings of Seoul. Chaerin was just looking outside the window, mesmerized by the view. She was quiet the whole time while admiring the skyscrapers they passed and because of this, she eventually dozed off which made Jiyong's plan easier.

They reached the destination. A mansion to be exact. He bought and owned a few months before Chaerin went to USA for her album promotion. She frequently went here to unwind, to ask for help in her songs, to relax, or to go for a clothes swapping and negotiation with him. To her, it was simply that. But to him, it was more than just that. This never felt home since the day she left and coming back was indefinite.

As he drove in front the mansion, he was battling between the idea of waking the sleeping lady or just carrying her inside and let her sleep. He pulled over just in front the door, went down the car and opened the door on Chaerin's side. He took off her seatbelt carefully and scooped her for a carry in bridal style. He felt like a newly-weded man, carrying his wife to the threshold, except that his wife is asleep. The thought made him chuckled which caused Chaerin to wake up. She was still groggy from sleep that unconsiously, she s her arms around his neck and slept again.

"It must be the jetlag" He continued to carry her to the his room. He was to put her down when she spoke.

"Jiyong oppa, I love you."

Her words had so much effect on him. It made him very happy. He felt like the need to jump and squeal like a highschool cheerleader. He attempted to put her down peacefully. As she was put down on the bed, she pulled him towards her with the arm she had around his neck, causing him toppled on top of her as his arms supported his body to avoid crushing her.

Afraid that the sleeping beauty will wake up, he remained in the position although it was very uncomfortable for him.

"This wasn't part of the plan" He told the sleeping figure as he caressed her smooth face. He memorized every details. His eyes moved from her feline eyes, her nose, and with a seductive mole on the side. He was so focused on that he was slowly leaning in to kiss her.

When he was about to kiss her, she suddenly woke up, noticing that her arm is still around his neck, him on top of her, and his face dangerously near hers. Her mind was battling if she has to stay still and let him kiss her or she has to push him away. None of the ideas won. As his lips were about to touch hers, she just spoke in the softest voice possible.

"Oppa, what are you doing?" Her voice was almost a whisper, a dangerous, alluring, and seductive whisper. Upon hearing those words, he jotled up, getting away from her.

"Uhm, you.. uhm.. ah.." He couldn't find the words to say. She, on the other hand, sat up still waiting for an explanation.

"I was to put you down the bed and let you sleep, but you brought me towards you. And you were so beautiful that is why I.. I.."

"You almost kissed me." She finished the sentence for her. Even if her head is screaming sleep or rest, she still can't knowing the fact that the man in front of him loves him and she him back.

Yes, she loves him. Present tense. She just figured it out while looking outside the window on the way to somewhere "private" she requested. She cannot afford to lose this man. After she dumped him, she was madly jealous when news came that him and a girl are rumored to be dating.

As she ended those thoughts, she noticed the man became shy. Another thought passed her. Where is she? What is she doing on the bed? Her eyes went wide. He noticed it and when he was about to ask "why", she spoke.

"YAH KWON JIYONG, WHERE THE HELL AM I?"

"You are at the mansion." He stated calmly.

"WHAT MANSI-- Oh." She started collecting her thoughts. The white room, sheets smelling like him, a Mac computer on the corner of the room near the enormous glass sliding window with a very priceless view, a small bookshelf beside the bed, and the distinguished door which hid his priced clothes. It was indeed his mansion.

"Chae, I'm sorry for what I sa--" He was cut off with a two fingers rising his chin up then a kiss on his lips right after. As he was talking, he didn't notice her walking towards her as his head was slightly bowed down and he was concentrated on the right words to say.

"I love you too." She spoke shyly as soon as she broke from the kiss.

"I never knew how, when, or why. But, I get madly insane when another set of dating rumors arise and they involve you. I get jealous when you go partying around without me. I wished I could hold you like that publicly." She said, confessing her heart out.

"I'm sorry for dumping you. It made me confused. I was pressured by my upcoming States promotion, and my rehersals are keeping me busy. Also, I thought that we could never work out our relationship in when we are far away from each other. These thoughts clouded my mind that I ending up dumping you which I should never have done. I should've at least tried."

She felt an arm around her waist, pulling her closely. He moved his free hand to her face, cupping it.

"I know it was hard for you. And I knew too, that you were pressured. Likke I do not see you in the building almost everyday." He sassed out to lighten the mood. Instead of chuckling, she hit his chest lightly. He continued talking.

"You going to work very early and going home late. When you call me and say you are coming over here, it makes me eant to keep you forever. I cannot bear seeing you like that."

She then thought of the days and nights when he used to insist her to stay and go to work the next day.

-- flashback --

"You can always stay over if you want, Chae." He said as he was sitting on his swivel chair.

"Nope. You know I can't." As much as she wanted to stay and spend the night, she couldn't. She was worried about what would the people and her manager would think.

"I have a schedule tomorrow at early morning and I do not have clothes to wear, oppa" She reasoned out.

"I can always drive you to work and you can borrow my clothes." He answered her.

"Oppa, we both know that you can't wake up that early. Like 3 A.M. kind of early." She sassed out which made the both of them chuckled.

"I guess you are right, Chae."

-- end of flashback --

"I remembered you asking me to spend the night." The thought made her chuckle.

"Yeah. Those times were like battling with a smart girl who has a list of reasons to go and not stay." He stated.

"Oppa, can I asked you something?" She asked while she yawned.

"Sure. What is it?" He noticed that she was tired. Her face was marked with exhaustion but still, she was beautiful to him.

"Can I sleep?" It was the jetlag and exhaustion talking. It has been 6 hours ago since she arrived from Los Angeles. Four hours passed since she arrived in Korea while she was the coffee shop, an hour at the coffee shop, and another hour for the drive and the talk with Jiyong.

"I am staying. Besides, they do not know I came back."

This made him happy. Her existence and presence in his house made it felt like home. Without any word, she walked over the bed and plopped herself on it. Hearing the footsteps fading away, realizing that Jiyong was about to leave, she sat up and spoke.

"Come to bed with me. I am lonely without you." She said as she was looking at him, waiting for him to turn around.

Upong hearing this, Jiyong stopped his tracks, turned around, closed the door behind him, and walked over to the bed.

"I thought you'd never ask. Scoot over." He said as he climbed the bed and cuddled her.

"We'll finish the talk later. For now, let me enjoy this." She looked at his face and caressed it with her hand. She cupped his face and kissed him lightly.

"I love you, Oppa."

"I love you too, Hunchae." He said as he returned her kiss. They both drifted to sleep still in each other's arms.

The mansion never felt like home without her in it. This is his home. She was his home.