|Fireworks|

|Fireworks| ~A Jongyu One Shot~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recommended song: Secret Love By Little Mix Ft. Jason Derulo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The short boy stared intensively at the burning purple Rasberry candle which was the only source of light in the dark room, making the music sheet barely visible but he was lost in his own thoughts to even notice that he's not even able to see his blank music sheet which is due this week as he tried to organize all his thoughts just so he could understand them all in a more specific way, they were just random things, some making complete sense and some which didn't make sense at all but Jonghyun didn't care, he left his mind to roam about freely as he stared at the restless flickering candle which was caused by the Air Conditioner making the closed, dark room way more cold than it was required but he couldn't be asked to get up and turn off the AC or decrease the temperature.

He felt something move underneath his legs, under his work table and he smiled, already knowing who it was because he was completely alone in the huge house all by himself.... and his dog, Roo.

"Roo, I'm busy right now I can't play with you" He looked down to see a faint outline of his dog, rubbing against his cold cotton fabric of the pajama. He shuffled his black fur and got a bark in return as Jonghyun gave back a soft smile.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, ruffling up roo's fur, giving him the sweet pleasure but got back a whimpering in return and he chuckled getting up from his cozy chair which was now warm from all the hours Jonghyun was sitting on it. He took slow lazy steps, letting his muscles adjust to the sudden movement. Jonghyun himself didn't know how many hours he sat there. 3? Maybe 6? No one knew but all he knew was he did waste his time letting his mind think whatever it wanted and dragging Jonghyun to a place which he gets lost every time he goes there and the weird mystery is, he didn't know what that place was but all he knew was it was the most peaceful place he has ever visited.

He reached his door which was the exit of his cozy yet cold room and searched for the light switch before turning the bright, evil lights on, which made him squint his eyes on the sudden exposure. He slowly opened his eyes, getting adjusted to the bright light and turning the cold metal nob of his bedroom door, revealing the outer world, out from his four walls, out from his comfort zone, out from the place he feels peaceful in.

"C'mon Roo, let's get you some snacks" He called out to his lovely puppy and the latter wiggled her tail, running to her owner. He started walking downstairs as Roo rushed down, patiently waiting for her owner to come down who was chuckling at the activeness of his dog.

Suddenly, the slow bird chirping noise came from the front door indicating that someone came to visit him. Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows, recalling everything to remember who would have visited him at this hour of the day, He looked towards his huge cuckoo clock which was visible from his long, round staircase. Okay nevermind, it's only 8 pm, but still, no one was going to visit him today.

He rushed down the staircase, he kinda knew who to expect at the door especially at this time because no one else he knew would take the time out of their busy schedule to come meet them.

Gladly, there was a camera in the entry door and he peeped in the screen monitor to see a smiling Jinki, who was staring right at the camera lens.

A smile crept over Jonghyun's lips unconsciously and he felt something deep within which he himself couldn't understand. Yes, he knew he had feelings for his best friend since 9th grade when Jinki saved Jonghyun from jumping off their High school building roof and since then they both went along pretty well, especially because Jinki was going through the exact same problems as Jonghyun but the only difference was that they dealt with it in a completely different way, Jinki always being the positive one no matter what the hurdle was and Jonghyun being the opposite and maybe that's what made it a perfect friendship.

Jonghyun cleared his throat trying not to sound or seem like an excited high school girl though his heart was beating off his chest, which it always did, whenever he saw or was with the elder boy. He took slow yet quick steps towards the door trying to calm all his emotions which he was feeling the last few hours and feelings which he felt at the moment. He grabbed the handle of the door and swung the wooden door open to reveal a complete Lee Jinki, who was taken a little back but smiled more brightly.

"Hey, were you busy?" Jinki asked concerned about the fact that maybe he disturbed the latter while he was writing songs or something but Jonghyun nodded and Jinki left a sigh "Well then got any plans tonight?" Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows "What plans?" He asked and Jinki rolled his eyes "Dude, it's New Years today. You got to have some plans".

Jonghyun never celebrated anything, not even his birthdays it was always Jinki who forcefully made him cut the cake every year and on new years all they did was chill around or watch movies or just mind his own business and this time, he completely forgot it was New Years.

"Ah yeah... New Years... What're your plans?" Jonghyun ran a hand through his hair trying to settle them up if they were messed up and also to relieve some stress which of course it just never worked but it did feel good to run his fingers and press the main part of his head.

"It's more like our  plan" He quoted the 'our' which made Jonghyun curious. "Fireworks are about to go off in two hours so let's go watch it." He said and looked down smiling a bit to himself but biting his lips to make it go unnoticeable but Jonghyun being the person to notice every little thing, he did notice.

"Why fireworks this year?" It was very random of Jinki especially because he loved doing things out of the ordinary and noisy things always got on his nerves and like he never suggested watching fireworks all these years, so why this year?

"Because..." He trailed off looking down at his shoes which weren't ever properly tied, just a Jinki thing, he never knew how to tie his shoelace properly which always ended him up falling in the most awkward places ever, which made Jonghyun love the other more, his clumsiness. His hand played with the slightly sweaty strands of his hair at the back of his neck and he slowly looked up still, biting his lips "I want to watch them with you... if you don't mind" Jinki quietly spoke which made Jonghyun giggle and it made Jinki giggle too but he still analyzed the situation, Jonghyun's expression, His mood, His emotion at the moment, Just so he could expect what Jonghyun was going to answer him.

"Of course" He looked directly at the taller boys eyes and smiled "I'd love to watch it with you, Jinki."

-

Jonghyun took a seat in Jinki's red SUV and pulled the seatbelt, buckling it up just to take a precaution to save his life which was full of nothing, which he himself wanted to end but just the fact that, though his life meant nothing to him and he would choose it to be over in a snap he still pulled that tight seat belt over his chest and buckled up, just so he could, maybe survive one more day in a hope that maybe things might get better. Who knows. And maybe, if something did happen and if Jinki did get through it, Jonghyun didn't want Jinki to be the one to take all the blame because if something did happen to Jonghyun, Jinki probably would blame himself for everything.

"Jonghyun, what are you thinking?" Jinki asked calmly "Is something wrong?" It made Jonghyun come out of his own little thoughts and he snapped his head towards Jinki, nodding his head "Oh, no it's nothing. Nothing happened" Jinki looked towards Jonghyun and then back to the road and then back to Jonghyun and smiled "Did you complete writing the song?" Jinki asked trying to make a conversation with the latter just so he could come out of his own 'little thoughts' which was the path to ruin him, mentally and physically. Whenever Jonghyun was lost in his own thoughts, Jinki pulled him out of it and brought those thoughts into words which Jonghyun couldn't have the guts to do or to even talk about, but Jonghyun was so glad to have someone who he could talk to. On the other side, Jinki just felt so good when Jonghyun, through all of his sorrows and pains and while his mind was a complete mess, he still smiled and never made Jinki get lonely, and even when Jonghyun was having something to deal with he was always there with Jinki, which made their friendship more stronger, or maybe more.

"No, sadly, I really can't find anything to write to be very honest. My brain is like completely blank and yeah I have no inspiration at all" Jinki giggled "Whenever you come out of your slumps you end up writing masterpieces so don't worry about it"

"But the deadline is this week I don't think I can come out from whatever this crap is so soon" Jonghyun sighed.

"Well, maybe after today you might f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter