ρ

INTERPOLATION
 
 

LINKS

DAMCHU

 

C

 

N

 

NT

 

INTERPOLATION

Mia here. Not MIA, Mia. And here's my story about the guy I found cute and tried numerous times to talk to finally talking to me. You'll be in for a ride with my best friends HImchan, Junhong and Jaz. There's the boy Daehyun too. And a couple of other unnescessary people coming along our way.

Story Name: INTERPOLATION
Characters: OC, Daehyun, Himchan, others
Word Count: 706

CHAPTER 17

MIA; THE PROTAGONIST
KIM HIMCHAN: THE BEST FRIEND
JUNG DAEHYUN: THE BOY
A FLOWER FFS

He hasn’t noticed yet but when he does all hell will break loose. The smart mouth began to shake as he grabbed a pair of keys. “Look, I’m scared but I’m driving to uni” his voice shook, fingers gripping the keys in a vice grip. “I didn’t know Himchan was out for blood.” Youngjae directed at Daehyun.

“You think I knew?!” Daehyun protested.

“I’ll make a diversion, you two, just get as far away from here as possible.” A knock at the door had Daehyun and I hide in the kitchen. Gathering his strength Youngjae went to answer the door. Peeping through the crack in the door, we watched what happened. The click of locks loosening and soon the door swung open for some sunlight to flood the hallway. Youngjae’s salutation was reciprocated with an apology. A deafening bang had all of us in shock; Youngjae choked on air and gripped Himchan, falling to his knees as blood began to pool around him. Blood has splattered on Himchan’s face, the man was unrecognisable.

And it’s at times like this when I begin to overthink. Himchan was a madman no doubt but something held familiarity. His patience had reached it’s limits, he was not going to take any more. “Mia don’t you dare step forward,” came Daehyun’s voice as his grip tightened out of fear. Pushing past my boy, careful steps up to Himchan rendered the man motionless. Raising my hands to hold the lad’s slender face the hardness in his eyes faltered, and there was my best friend again, all shaken and innocent.

“I’m right here. I didn’t go anywhere.”

Bloodied hands reaches up to hold my hand to his cheek. “You scared me. I thought you left.”

“I didn’t like your joke.”

“It’s the truth-” he cut himself of indignantly. “You know what, let’s end this here, If I can’t have you, so can’t he.” The cocked pistol raised in Daehyun’s direction he continued looking at me even as my hands slipped back to my sides.

With the lump in my throat as Daehyun stood at gunpoint, I barely let out a whisper. “Why are you doing this?” I pleaded.

The pause in his actions indicated he thought of his answer. “Limerance,” he replied. “You would never know, you could never relate-”

“I can.” My voice broke. Tears lined my eyes as I understood him. Try taking the feelings I have for Daehyun and multiplying them to the point you can’t breathe.

“It’s a pain. Unrequited love is a pain.” HImchan nodded and choked on his words.

“So you’re going to leave ours that way?” Daehyun spoke up. Himchan’s grip tightened around the handle of the gun. “You know, Himchan. You’re the reason I’ve had the courage to get this far with her. You’ve known it all from the start.” He shouted

“Yes, I know it all. I also know I can’t walk away.” Himchan shouted in reply, tears fells down his cheeks. “All is fair in love and war.”

Daehyun’s jaw hardened. “You’re right, all is fair in love and war.” A firm grip to my wrist, Daehyun pulled me into him with a force that made me shriek. Himchan’s gun fired and I felt a strong pain in my back and chest. Heaving a breath was painful and adrenaline coursed through my veins, the sound of my own heartbeat drowned out Himchan’s incessant cries. Looking up to meet Daehyun’s face, the lad winced, I guess we both had the same fate.

Legs giving way, groans and pants escaped our lips as we fell to the ground. Daehyun’s arms still around me, even as death neared I felt safe and loved with this man. Winding my arms around him to feel the wet patch on his back too, it was safe to say I knew where we were going. Himchan’s tries to get me out of Daehyun’s arms wouldn’t work, even as Daehyun’s grip slips mine holds the loving man a desperately as one holds the final sands of time

Where there is an ending there’s always a beginning. Whatever beginning I was going to get, if it involved this man and those loving warm brown eyes I would be happy with any outcome.



THE END