Chapter 1

Meeting Point
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jung Sooyeon. This is Taeyeon." My phone lit up and displayed a text from an unknown number. I just stared at the screen until it went black again.

 

 With my trembling hands, I approched the little device. For the first time, my iPhone felt like a stranger. It's been a long while since I stopped talking to her. Since I stopped reaching out. Since I got tired chasing while she continued to walk away. The phone lit up again when I was about to touch it.

 

 "I... want to talk." A message from the same number came. I ran my hand through my hair before clutching my phone.

 

 What does she want to talk about? I'm okay now. I've accepted the situation.

 

I'm okay now. I'm good. I'm—

 

The sound from my phone almost made jump.

 

She was calling.

 

 I was staring at her number mindlessly when suddenly I found myself sliding the green icon.

 

 I cursed under my breath. Like a bomb that is so fragile, I slowly lifted my phone and hovered it on my ear.

 

 "Hello." She spoke.

 

 I'm okay now. I'm good.

 

"Jessica?" She asked in a slightly louder voice.

 

I'm okay now.

 

I took a deep breath and prepared myself to speak.

 

"Sooyeon-ah." She whispered.

 

The tone of her voice; was it desperation? Loneliness? Or was that my imagination?

 

I’m ok--I don't think I'll ever be okay when it comes to her.

 

"Taeyeon." I croaked.

 

She didn't speak for a second but resumed with a much lighter voice. "Finally. You answered."

 

 Careful not to lose my remaining composure, I sat on the couch. "What do you want?"

 

A long pause. The only sound that I heard was her breathing.

 

This is way too familiar. My eyes wander around my unlit room for a while. My messy sky blue bed king-sized, the variety of books on the shelf, a bag that I used recently lying carelessly on the black circular table, the brown wooden door towards my walk-in closet and the cream-light peeking from my bathroom. Everything was almost the same since the last time I wanted words from her.

 

 The thing is that time, she gave nothing.

 

Now she's doing the same thing. Making me wait for nothing. Did she call just to mock me? To see if I still haven't moved on from her? To make sure that I'll still come back running after everything that happened?

 

"I miss you... so much." She finally spoke with a sigh.

 

I threw my head back then closed my eyes. You miss me? How could you? No. How dare you? For the past years, I've been trying so hard. I've stooped so low. I became desperate and thirsty for a single glance. Now you miss me?

 

My jaw unconsciously clenched as I grip my phone tighter and suddenly without thinking, I let out a soft laugh who sounded so hollow and strange even to myself.

 

 "Sica...Can we meet?" She asked.

 

 Incredulous. I almost scoffed.

 

How many times did you decline me before? How many-- "Look outside your window." Suddenly, my heart felt like it was about to explode. I stood and went to check the window and there it is. A black Porsche Boxster was parked on the other side of the road.

 

I almost lost my balance. Kim Taeyeon is here.

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked while directly looking at the car.

 

"Well. I was from a schedule near h---Sica I just want to talk..."

 

 I pinched the bridge of my nose and exhaled loudly. "Taeyeon..You can't be in here."

 

 "It will be fast. Please..." Taeyeon's voice sounded like a plea.

 

 I approached my bed and sat. I curled my other hand into fist. I can’t believe this is happening. I know this will end up ugly. I know after this, I'll be left behind bloody but I'll still allow it to happen cause I'm stupid and foolish. A loser for the nation's girl group leader, Kim Taeyeon.

 

 "I've been waiting for Soojung… The door is open. Just come in."

 

Deep breaths.

 

Heavy footsteps.

 

 Tripling heartbeats.

 

Has it been a year? Perhaps more than that.

 

 Anxiety.

 

 Excitement.

 

 Nervousness.

 

 Does she think of me? I'd like to imagine that.

 

I dusted my shorts. I fixed the collar and the hem of my white blouse. I stood and sat; repeated it for a hundred times.

 

Does she really miss me? I guess not.

 

The wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter