XIII

Indebted To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soeun look around and found a very nice linen sheet for her bed. It was fun to be able to shop again. She took a time off and decided that she should have a break from work, and from everything. Spending time with Jungkook is a very good decision she made. She was looking thoroughly at the sheets she wants, but her concentration was broken by sound of a broken glass. She ran  to the source of the voice and looked at Jungkook, dropping the basket he used to hold in his hands.

“Ya oppa!” She was screaming but she looked at the person who was standing in front of him. that person is now standing in front of him and Jungkook.

“Erin-ah” Jungkook looks petrified; he only look at the girl in front of him while the girl look shocked that Jungkook dropped the basket and broke most of stuff inside of his basket.

The girl walk closer towards him, “oppa-“

“Stop,” he cut her immediately, “don’t move”

“Okay” The girl stay in one place and security show up few seconds after. They look around and Soeun who could not understand what happened needs to explain everything to the guard. Which doesn’t make sense.

“We are so sorry, we are willing to pay for everything” Soeun bow and the security look upset, but after Soeun give her card, the security look relieved and submit Soeun’s card to the cashier. Soeun walk up to Jungkook and touch her arms, “Kook, we need to get out” Soeun tries to get him out of the store. Him dropping all the fragile stuff makes enough attention already. No one should know that he’s here with her.

“Wait for me outside” Jungkook look at Soeun with a serious face.

“But oppa-“

“Just go”

Soeun never heard something like that from Jungkook. He sounds like he has authority over her, which hurts her a little bit, but she understand since it’s the ex-girlfriend that ruins him.

“No, stay” the girl smile at her, “hi! What’s your name?” she asks.

“She’s Soeun, my friend” Jungkook answer in behalf of Soeun. That scares Soeun evenmore. “What do you want?”

“Oppa-“

“Erin”

She sighs, “okay, I guess, I can only just tell you” Erin look at Jungkook seriously, “I just want to talk to you. Maybe for the last time if you want. Maybe we can talk over a cup of coffee”

“Maybe” Jungkook shortly replies.

“You know where to find me right?” Erin smiles and walk towards Jungkook, but she passes Jungkook and walk in front of Soeun with smile, “nice to meet you Soeun-ssi”

“Y-yeah” Soeun nodded and look at Erin walking away. Soeun look at Jungkook and Erin one after another and she feels chills down to her spine. It was a very cold meeting.

“Oppa”

“Hmm” Jungkook look at her with a smile, “ssup?”

“Are you okay? are you hurt somewhere?” Soeun asks.

“Not really” Jungkook smiles, “becareful later when you walk okay? there are many pieces of glass here” Jungkook smiles at Soeun and walk away.

 

 

 

Just like that.

 

***

 

Jungkook sighed.

Who would’ve thought that his dream would come true?

Well, at least half of them.

He still could not believe that he would see Erin again. after this whole time, he thought he could just avoid her, Turns out, she’s just hiding, waiting for Jungkook to be able to talk rationally with her. and out of many times she can do that, she met him when he’s actually in, somehow, a “date” with Soeun.

 

Not a very good time, Erin, he thought.

 

But there will never be a perfect time, it’s just, now or never.

 

“Dude” Suga calls him and he looks at him, “are you okay?” His hyung asks.

“Erin showed up when I was shopping with Soeun a while ago”

“Funny that you said Erin, you must be mistaken” Suga laughs and Jungkook shook his head. This time, Suga know that this is serious. “So she seriously showed up? In front of your face?”

“Yeah,”

“Wow” Suga put himself in a more comfortable manner. He knows it’s gonna be a long comversation, “so? How was it?”

“It was awful”

He knows. “Okay” Suga nodded awkwardly, “what did she say?”

“She said she wants to talk to me” Jungkook reply while massaging his forehead, “I don’t know tho,”

“Why?” Suga asks, “I thought you moved on”

“Yeah but..” Jungkook stops. Does he really? Or he’s just in denial that he’s still in love. He look at his phone and found a picture of him and Soeun a while ago. They took the picture when eating ddokbokki together.

“Soeun-“ Jungkook calls her name. He just realized that he left her in the mall a while ago. He just went straight home. “SOEUN!” Jungkook screams.

“What? What’s wrong?” Suga asks him.

“I left her at the mall a while ago” Jungkook press for his speed dial and tries to call Soeun. And yes, Soeun is in his speed dial.

He wait.

 

And wait for more.

 

“No answer” Jungkook sighs ‘she must be angry’ he thought.

 

After a while, a message went in. Jungkook open the message immediately.

 

Creditor: ssup. I’m at work

JJK: I’m sorry that I leave first a while ago

Creditor: what?

Creditor: No you did not. You drive me home

JJK: what?

JJK: really?

 

“She said I drove her home a while ago?” Jungkook look at Suga and he look at him.

“You really forgot? Wow,” Suga look at Jungkook while shaking his head, “you’re really caught up with Erin”

“Y-yeah” Jungkook got confused and more text come from Soeun.

 

Creditor: yeah. And you drop all my stuff as well inside.

Creditor: you didn’t say anything tho even before you leave

Creditor: are you okay?

JJK: Yeah.

Creditor: Is it because of Erin?

 

Jungkook look at the text. He has no idea on how to respond. He couldn’t really tell Soeun about this, but he really want to be honest with her.

 

JJK: I’ll talk to you later okay?

Creditor: Is it because of Erin?

 

“This girl is really determine to know huh?” Jungkook smiles and decided to reply to the answer.

 

JJK: Yeah.

Creditor: Take your time. She’s very pretty. No wonder it’s very hard for you to move on

JJK: you’re not angry?

Creditor: why should I? We’ve all been there. You guys need to talk.

Creditor: it’s not done yet right? Unlike my relationship that is totally over.

JJK: thankyou. I’ll talk to you later

 

“What did I do in my past life to deserve someone like you Soeun-ah” Jungkook smiles and put his phone away and start making new lyrics for his new album. He can only put aside his love life now and focus to his job.

 

***

 

Soeun smiles and bow to her customer, “thankyou for eating at our restaurant” she smiles and prepare for her customer’s food. She look at her phone and Jungkook just text her that he will text her later.

She’s fine with it.

Really fine.

Or a little bit disturbed.

Why is he changing all of the sudden? Is it really because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter