Meeting you

The Way We Fell In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

The bell rang signalling the first period would be starting now and Sinb was already sitting on her seat in the last row. There weren’t really any friends of hers in this class and that’s why she sat all by herself at the desk.

Knowing that the teacher Ms. Lee always comes late, she pulled out her phone and chatted a bit with Sowon, her best friend, who has a free period right now.  She always wondered how she deserved such a good best friend like Sowon. They were just like sisters. Even though they both grew up as an only child, they still felt like they had found a sibling in each other.

After a few minutes of texting and laughing at some stupid things her older friend wrote, Ms. Lee finally walked in through the door with a short girl following her inside. Sinb watched as her teacher laid her bag next to the table and cleared afterwards as to get the attention of the students. And because every student loves their English teacher, Ms. Lee, the noise automatically died down. Ms. Lee smiled and fixed her glasses then looked at the shy girl beside her and then back to the students.

“This is our new student, Son Chaeyoung.”, she turned back to the girl that was now smiling brightly at them and Sinb noticed that she had cute little dimples.” Please tell the class a little bit about yourself, Chaeyoung”

She nodded and started to introduce herself. “Hello, as you know now, my name is Son Chaeyoung; I am 16 years old and moved here yesterday.” 

They all welcomed her and Ms. Lee said she should choose a seat to sit at. Sinb figured that she wouldn’t sit next to her, because there were also a few other seats free, so she just doodled a bit on a piece of paper. But to her surprise the newcomer went straight to the empty seat to the right of Sinb. Noticing that someone sat next to her, Sinb put down her pencil and looked up to see Chaeyoung placing her book onto the table. They made eye contact and Chaeyoung smiled at her.

“Hey, you already know my name so may I know yours too?” she asked with a friendly smile still on her face. Sinb returned it and told her her name. “My name is Hwang Eunbi, but I go by Sinb”

“Nice to meet you, Sinb.” She said and flashed a bright smile at her. Afterwards she turned to the front to give the teacher her full attention or at least the most she could give when she wasn’t too busy quietly asking Sinb question about herself and the school when the teacher wasn’t looking. And to Sinb’s surp

Please log in to read the full chapter