Chapter 2

Fleeting Love

I've never really liked black coffee. Kyungsoo didn't either, he preferred his with extra creamer. I stare at the cup of coffee in my hands. Black, it's as black as his hair. I wonder how Baekhyun like his coffee. Is he an extra creamer kind of guy to? Or does he prefer his with extra sugar? The coffee is still steaming but I can't feel it anymore. I’m numb to it.

         “Jongin, are you here?” Tao’s voice echoes through the empty apartment. “Jesus it's so ing cold my nuts are freezing,  turn up your damn heater, it's as cold as Xiumin hyungs house.” I hear him let out a string of colorful Chinese swear words as he trips over a box in the hallway. The only thing in here is my bed and a few boxes. Not that I needed anything else. I like it empty. Makes it easier to clean, easier to see everything. Nothing to hide behind. I put the coffee down on the ground and hop off the window sill. The door opens just as my feet touch the ground. “Jongin!!!” Tao barrels through the door and lunges for me, enveloping me in a hug.

       My coffee spills. Black liquid stretching across the wooden floors. “Oh , i'm sorry. Look, let me get a couple of napkins and i'll clean it up.” Tao says frantically trying to find napkins in the room . “It's fine Tao, I'll clean it don't worry about it.” I say to him and offer him my bed to sit down in.

         I've always wondered why Tao was my friend. Six feet tall, piercing eyes, and a body that could could make a Calvin Klein model jealous. “Jongin, are you listening? Jongin hellooooo.” I started and could make out dark brown eyes, with dark purple almost black bags under them. “Yeah sorry I just spaced out there for a minute.” Tao looks worried, but then covers it up when he notices that I could see it. “Anyway the reason why I came over was because you need to get laid,” he says with a wiggle of his eyebrows. “I can practically feel your becoming as dry as my nainai’s .”  What's wrong with my body I wonder as I look down. I'm wearing sweats and a pair of slippers. Should I have changed for Tao? Do I need to change? The floor is covered in a small puddle of coffee. I should really start cleaning that up or else I'm going to have a stain. Tao is still talking to me, his hands gesturing wildly. “And I know this great guy for you to. A total sweetheart and hes like a puppy.” “What?” I say to him tiredly. I'm so tired, I just wanna sleep forever. “Now, Jongin don't get mad at me but he's coming over here at 8 to pick you up for your guys's date,” Tao says to me in a rush. It takes a while for the words to sink in but when they do I'm shocked. “What the Tao, I don't wanna meet this guy, no matter how great he is!” I yell at him.

             Hes shocked I can see it in his eyes, and hurt to. “Jongin you've been moping around here ever since Kyungsoo hyung broke up with. And to be honest I was scared you were going to hurt yourself if something didn't get you out of this apartment soon!” He yells back with tears in his eyes, chest heaving wildly as if he had run a 10k marathon. My heart softens and I reach up to hug him, hand reaching behind his nape and just holding him to my chest. He and I stand there for what seems like hours just crying in each others arms. “Don't you ever do this again Jongin! Do you know how scared I was? I thought I was going to lose you like how I lost Kris ge.” His sobs breaks my heart. “Taotao, what's this special guys name anyway?” I ask.

                          “His name is Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol.”