Chapter 1

Fleeting Love

    I can't believe he called me here. There's dust in the window sill, I wonder when the last time they cleaned it was. A drop of water slides down the window. I towards him and look away again, his coffee's getting cold. How long had we been there? “Jongin, I think we should break up.” He says it with such indifference, as if he was talking about the weather. His face seems bored. Was he bored?

         “ I think it's time we moved on.” Late nights at the office, secret phone calls at 3 am, and the smell of another man on his clothes. His lips are redder than usual. I wonder if he was with his new boyfriend before he asked to meet me. He sighs and puts a few bills down on the table. “Jongin this is why we cant be together, you're never here. Its like your body's here but your minds somewhere else.”                     

            Kyungsoo reminded me of fog. The cold dreary fog that makes you want to go home and lie in a warm bed, with the lights turned low. “What's his name?” I ask. He starts at the question, as if he didn't expect me to ask him that. “What do you mean?” He says, and I ask again “I mean, what's the name of the man who stole your heart?” And for the first time in a long time, I see his lips curve into that beautiful heart shaped smile that first stole my heart.

              “His name is Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun.”