Showdown

First spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you still sulking?"


She peered over her shoulder at her Oppa, who's trailing behind with a sullen look. While her footsteps were light and bouncy, his were slow and heavy, as though there's something weighing him down physically. Could it be... Her eyes shot to his crotch curiously. Is that a bulge? She imagined shoving a banana down her pants and walking with it between her legs. Man, that can't be comfortable, she shuddered visibly. She mustn't be very discreet with her ogling because she heard him growl.


"Stop staring!"


"Okok..." she acquiesced, holding up her hands in mock surrender. But she cheekily darted her eyes down just for another peek, drawing a frustrated noise from him. She bit the insides of her cheeks to stifle a laugh as he stomped past her to open the door to the villa.


But the smile on her face waned as Hyo Jin unnie came into view.


"You guys are back! Where were you, Ji Hyun? We were all so worried," she hurried over, her eyes wide with concern.


For a moment, she almost had her convinced. Then she remembered how conniving she had been, and how she had singlehandedly orchestrated the whole conflict, and her irritation flared. Too bad she's upset with her, or she would have recommended her to her agency. With those top-notch acting skills, she might just win the next daesang award.


Snarky thoughts aside, she definitely had a bone to pick with her, so she blurted, "Unnie, can I talk to you privately?"

 

Immediately, a hush fell over the room. She might be imagining it but it seemed like everyone's sitting straighter with their ears perked and their hawk eyes fixed on them, all speculative and nosy. But she's frankly past caring at this point.


Maybe it's surprise, maybe it's guilt, or maybe she's playing the victim card, but Unnie stammered uncharacteristically, "Ss-sure?"


And so the two women ventured off for their showdown, leaving behind a roomful of curious stares.

 

"Unnie, do you hate me?" Ji Hyun asked without any preamble, once they were alone in the study room, away from the prying eyes and ears.


Unnie's eyes widened. "Why would you say that?" She sounded appalled, like she couldn't believe that thought would cross her mind. "Are you alright, Ji Hyun?" She tried to touch her arm but Ji Hyun shied away.


"I know you've been trying to stir trouble between me and omma. And me and oppa." She asserted, levelling a hard gaze at her.


Unnie knitted her brows. "I don't know what you mean. Is this about our conversation this morning? Because I only told you what I heard from them..."


She's so sick of her innocent act. "I heard oppa used to date your sister?" She knew that was a low blow, but she needed to cut through her pretense. And it worked, because Unnie's eyes narrowed imperceptibly.


"So what?" Unnie crossed her arms, her voice taking on a hard edge almost like she's defensive.


"So. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your sister. But please just stop whateve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter