Punishment

First spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun, I'm back. Where are you?
Are you around?
Ji hyun, will you please pick up? Hyo Jin said your clothes are gone. Your bag too.
What's going on?
Are you okay?
Why did you leave without a word?
Will you please call me back?
Did you go back to Seoul?
Are you angry with me?
I'm so sorry, jagiya.
I'm so worried here. Please, just let know you're ok.
Please.


The spa was an awesome idea. She took Omma's suggestion, boarded the bus and checked into the parlour. An hour went by where she did nothing but lie on the bed and enjoyed a full-body massage by the softest hands anyone could imagine, pushing and pulling with just the right amount of strength, working out all the knots and kinks in her body. She didn't even know she was so tense, until the masseuse worked her into a jelly-like blob. And the best thing was, her mind was finally quiet.


She's now fully relaxed in the jacuzzi, sipping on a glass of champagne as she scrolled through the dozens of messages and calls she had missed earlier while she was lost in her mini paradise. It gave her immense satisfaction to know that Oppa had been worried about her. Deciding that he'd probably suffered enough for one evening, she dialled his number. He picked up immediately.


"Jagiya, where are you? What happened? Are you still in Jeju?" His anxious voice rushed through the line, and for a split second, she felt guilty for causing him distress. But then she remembered how he had avoided her, and her temper flared.


"No, I'm back in Seoul." She answered in a clipped tone.


"What?" He sounded alarmed. "I'm getting on the next flight back. Wait for me," he promised.


"Wait," she interrupted, taken aback by his rare show of decisiveness. Was he serious about flying back? Taking a moment to consider her options, she finally settled on the truth. "I'm still in Jeju, but I'm not sure if I want to see you," she exhaled, rubbing her eyes wearily. As much as she'd missed him, she wasn't certain if she could handle seeing him in person so soon, when she's still feeling raw over his pseudo rejection.


Silence hung in the air. If it weren't for his loud, steady breaths, she would have thought he'd ended the call. So she waited. When his voice finally came through, it was low and beseeching, "Can I just see you? I know you're angry but I can't let you go without seeing you once."

 

"Hmm." She made a non-commital noise, torn between giving him another chance and just saying 'screw it'. Screw you.


"Please?" He implored, a hint of desperation in his voice.

 

Her resolve softened. "Fine. I'm at the spa parlour near the villa. You can ask your Omma for details," she acquiesced, then hung up the phone promptly.


She stretched out in the jacuzzi, feeling the water bubble over her skin as her mind drifted. She hadn't quite decided how to deal with him but she's determined not to let him off easy this time. Even if he were to flash those lethally irresistible eyes at her.


It wasn't long before she heard a knock on the door.


"Miss, you have a visitor."


She rose from the jacuzzi, stepping out to grab a bathrobe from the rack and wrapped it around herself. Then she opened the door and came face to face with a genial ahjumma, who's also her very skillful masseuse. Hovering behind her was Oppa, who's wearing a black cap that's pulled so low, it almost covered his eyes. He completed the disguise with a black face mask. Kudos to him for remembering to keep a low profile even in his rush; his chest was still heaving slightly from exertion, like he ran all the way here.


She thanked the ahjumma and turned to walk into her room. She didn't check if he followed, but she heard the door click shut, his presence filling the room in a way that only he could manage. She picked up her glass, sipping slowly as she waited for him to speak.


"What happened? Why did you just leave?" He asked after a long stretch of silence.


"You mean you noticed? I thought you were avoiding me," she retorted as she pottered around, picking up random flowers and chocolates from the table to inspect, before placing them back.


 "Of course I noticed!"


"After what, five hours?" She asked sarcastically, keeping her back to him, refusing to give him her full attention.


"I...Will you please look at me?" When she didn't react, he let out a huge breath, crossed to where she was, and wrapped a warm hand around her wrist. Then he whirled her around so she would face him head on. She swayed a little at his deft maneuver, but he steadied her with a firm grip on her waist.


He might had gotten where he wanted her, but she avoided his eyes stubbornly, choosing to stare over his shoulder. She could feel the heat of his eyes boring holes into her face. Minutes ticked by where the only sounds in the room were the gurgling of water in the tub and the soothing spa music in the background, a total contrast to the tense air between them.

 

"I wasn't avoiding you." He shook his head helplessly.

 

She arched her eyebrows and gave him a dubious look, to which he sighed, "I'm serious. I wasn't avoiding you. I was just...running errands."


"Right..." She rolled her eyes, slightly disbelieving that he was still using that same excuse. He didn't even have the decency to come up with a more credible story to appease her.


He rubbed the space between his brows like he's having a headache. Her traitorous hands itched to offer him comfort, but she slapped them away internally, refusing to give in now. He'd gotten away one too many times.


Exhaling, he angled his head, moving his troubled eyes over her petulant face. From her furrowed brows, down to her narrowed eyes, passing over her wrinkled nose and finally her pursed lips, where hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter