Crushed

First spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s coming to an end.

 

There's just one last scene to shoot and they will be done. Three months of hard work with the best bunch of folks she knew. No doubt there were trying moments (like when viewers called her ‘fat and ugly’ – yup, she’s not going to let that go), but these were overshadowed by the many wonderful memories they had created together – the late nights they had spent poring over the script, the heart-fluttering rehearsals, and the bright smiles and infectious laughter on set. She was seriously going to miss the director, the crew, the co-stars…ONE co-star, in particular, if he would just stop being so frustrating.

 

Speaking of said man, he now had his head buried in his script, though she suspected it was just an avoidance tactic. How hard was it to memorise those few lines, especially for an actor as seasoned as him? She already committed every single line to heart, and could even recite his lines backwards. But if that’s how he wanted to spend their last night together, so be it. She could be professional.

 

Turning away to take in tranquillity of the night, she spied one of the crew members looking flustered as he tried to shift the lights to an optimal position. Poor guy. Everyone deserves a good break after this, she thought. Catching his eye, she gave him an encouraging smile, raised her fists and mouthed, “Fighting!”. He smiled at her gratefully, then dutifully wandered off to follow up on his next t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter