Worrywart Husband

Becoming a dad

Bong Hee loves her husband and she was touched that he payed so much attention to her during her pregnancy but he was just very exaggerating sometimes.

 

Too exaggerating.

 

"Are you hungry?" he hurriedly went towards the refrigerator to get something.

 

"Jagiya, i just ate a while ago. Are you planning to make me obese?"

 

"oh." he peeked at her from the door. "i thought pregnant women are always hungry since you're now eating for two."

 

She smiles.

 

Her pregnancy is nearing three months now and she was showing that small baby bump already.

 

When they went to her monthly check-up at the hospital, she had an ultrasound and the moment they heard that small heartbeat from the machine, both of them had become teary-eyed. She had been smiling while staring at the screen although her vision was blurred with tears. Ji Wook had held her hand tightly and he kept looking away to wipe his tears, embarassed that he got too emotional.

 

He was all over her when they went home that day, not wanting her to do anything but rest. He was too fascinated when he actually saw their baby no matter how small and difficult it was to see it in that dark screen.

 

What bothered her was how she had been pretty sensitive these days, with the first trimester pregnancy symptoms hitting her at her worst.

 

"omo, get away jagiya." she had pushed him away when he attempted to give her a morning kiss as he arrived home from jogging one day. She loved greeting him all sweaty and she never considered his work-out smell as something bad but these days she hated the way he seems to stank. 

 

She instantly felt bad when she saw him with a hurt look, smelling himself and quickly going to shower. She had apologized and explained that her nose was just really sensitive lately and he actually smelled good.

 

He didn't believe her.

 

Months passed and when she reached her 28th week, Ji Wook got worse than before.

 

"How about you stop working Bong Hee-ya?" he suggested as he massaged her swollen feet. She had been in pain often but she was assured that it was normal. She had also been attending prenatal yoga as per request of her mother-in-law and she was glad that she considered it. It actually helped her deal with body pain a lot.

 

"Jagiya, i'm not gonna stop working just because of this. And don't even deny it, i know you've been harassing Eun Hyuk to lessen my workload lately. I don't even do much even before you did that." she pouted.

 

He avoided her glare and grabbed a snack. "Want a biscuit? It's your favorite, strawberry flavored." he smiled sheepishly.

 

There was also a time when her battery died while she was out at the pharmacy buying her vitamins and she came home to a panicking Ji Wook.

 

"Where were you?!? I came home to an empty house and i kept calling your phone but you couldn't be reached and it's already late!" distress was evident in his face.

 

"I'm sorry, my phone battery died and i was actually just out for half an hour to buy my vitamins." she showed him the medicine paper bag she was holding.

 

He quickly hugged her and sighed in relief. "Really, you have to be somewhere where i can always keep an eye on you for 24 hours."

 

"For goodness' sake, i'm not dying jagiya, i'm just pregnant."

 

She made sure to always charge her phone and text him whenever she left the house anyways.

 

Bong Hee was also having trouble sleeping lately. She didn't know if it was her hormones or her nerves that's been keeping her up at nights. She would stare at Ji Wook while he slept, smiling as she remembers the day they found out they were having a baby boy.

 

It actually took a while for them to determine the gender since the positioning of the baby interfered. The doctor was only sure when she reached 20 weeks that their little Cheonsa was a boy.

 

They were both very ecstatic with the news and when they started telling the others, they were suddenly bombarded with baby stuffs that were mainly the colors of blue.

 

"Why do you keep buying stuffs with blue color? I want pink." she complained.

 

"Your baby is a boy, of course we'd buy blue." Ji Hae would explain to her exasperatedly whenever she visits.

 

"Why does society base colors to certain genders? I hate it, what does it matter if my baby boy wears pink or green or lavender? I'm sure he would look good with any color." Bong Hee would suddenly be very pissed when she sees so much blue stuff.

 

They could only sigh in resignation. Ji Wook was getting used to her sudden mood swings and out of nowhere irritability. She would be on constant rage the whole day but would turn into the sweetest creature at night, apologizing and acting all cute when they get to bed. It was exhausting but also amusing on his part.

 

Bong Hee suddenly stared at his lips. Ever since she got pregnant, Ji Wook refused to make love to her, only limiting himself to hot and heavy kisses once in a while. He was too careful with her and it annoyed her sometimes. 

 

Her doctor actually mentioned one time that due to her hormones fluctuating, there will be an increase in her libido sometime in her late 1st or 2nd trimester and she could certainly attest to that. She was just so sensitive all over and even his most gentle touch and short kisses drove her body over the edge. He had cleared his throat and payed great attention to the paperweight on the doctor's table when the topic was mentioned that it was safe to make love as long as they weren't rough. He knew it was okay but he never dared having intimate nights with her, scared that he might hurt her or the baby.

 

She softly kisses him, her mind wanting to . He sleepily opened his eyes and responded with a soft kiss of his own. He was taken by surprise when her gentle kisses quickly turned to passionate ones, invading his mouth with her tongue, her small fingers finding their way inside his shirt and his chest. 

 

He moaned and grabbed her neck, pulling her closer to him when she slightly positioned herself on top. "Bong Hee..."

 

She was kissing his neck as he her back, at her explorations. He gasped and shuddered in pleasure when she the edge of his ear, his body quickly reacting to her and burning his whole being.

 

When she had enough, she quickly stopped, placing one last kiss on his lips. "Goodnight jagiya." she turned her back on him as he stared at her back incredulously, breathing hard and blinking in disbelief. 

 

He groaned loudly and muffled a scream with his pillow in frustration. "You're such a tease!"

 

She smirked and proceeded to sleep, satisfied that she got the reaction she wanted. Now he'll know how much she suffered.