That one weird roommate

Renma 1/2

Chapter 1: That one weird roommate

Dongho does not like going to school but this time, he was excited to go to college. He will be pursuing his passion, sports education. Dongho is also excited to meet his roommates and make friends. When he arrived at the room, he was greeted by a boy sitting on the bed, fixing his things.

“Oh. My first roommate is here.” He smiled. “I’m Aron, a junior and I’m taking up Music. This hyung will take care of you.” He chuckled and patted Dongho in the back.

Before Dongho could open his mouth to speak, someone came in the room bringing a huge luggage. “Another one!” Minhyun perked up as he and Aron introduced themselves again.

“I’m Choi Minki and I’m a freshman too, taking up fashion design.” He said and then looked at Dongho. “And you are?”

“Kang Dongho. I’m going to take up Sport Education.” He replied. Dongho was glad that his roommates are friendly. After the introductions, they fixed their things and Dongho went to take a nap. When he woke up, he realized that his roommates are gone. Must have went out to have dinner, he thought.

Dongho took off his shirt and grabbed a towel and when he entered the bathroom his eyes widened. A girl was brushing her teeth and her body is only wrapped around by towel.

“What the….”

“Dongho” The girl muttered and Dongho backed away in shock. “What’s wrong Dongho?” Aron asked as he entered the room.

“T-There’s a girl in the bathroom.” Dongho replied, still flabbergasted.

Aron peeked inside and whistled. “Oh. She looks good.”

“Yah hyung this is no time to hit on women!” Dongho freaked out. The girl rolled her eyes. “I’m just going to change okay?” She slammed the door as Aron and Dongho looked at each other.

“I do not mind having a girl as a roommate though.” Aron chuckled.

“Hyung! Aish. Where is Minki anyways?” Dongho sighed.

The door opened and the girl slowly walked out. “So would you mind explaining what are you doing inside our room?” Dongho asked.

“I’m Minki…” The girl introduced making Dongho and Aron laugh.

“Maybe you are his twin sister?” Aron asked, still choking in laughter.

“Seriously guys.” The girl glared and grabbed the bottled water Aron was holding. She poured the water on top of her head and the girl in front of her turned into Minki.

“What did just happen?” The boys’ mouths were wide open in shock.

“The beautiful girl turned into Minki…” Aron muttered.

 

“I told you I’m Minki.” He rolled his eyes again. “Fine. I will explain my situation.”

The three huddled on the bed while Minki explains how he ended up into a girl. “My mom said I was born as a boy. But when she first bathed me with warm water I magically transformed into a girl. They figured it was some sort of a curse on our family and we don’t know how it works but as I grew I found out that warm water turns me into a girl and cold water turns me into a boy.”

“Isn’t it hard?”Dongho asked, still digesting what he have heard.

“I learn to live with it. Like I have any other choice. I was homeschooled ever since and this was the first time my family let me out.” Minki replied.

“We will protect you.” Aron said, sincerely.

“Your secret is safe with us.” Dongho chimed.

Minki let out a smile. “Thank you. Really.” He then pulled the boys into a hug.

It was just his first day in college and now, Dongho is sure that he will be making loads of memories.