Bottoms up

Raise Your Glass if You're Going Nowhere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A loooooooooooong and wideeeeeeeeeeeeeee yawn escapes Wendy’s mouth, her eyes watering and blinking profusely.

She rubs them and sighs – alcohol is settling in her body and making her sleepy. The lukewarm coffee that she’s holding in her lap is not really working. Not to mention that it’s been a long day.

Beside her, the pretty doctor who’s been sitting with her since she came to the hospital bats her eyes and laughs as if she’s throwing heart emojis and sparkles in Wendy’s direction. Wendy can’t help but feel winded whenever they look at each other.

Damn her.

“Sleepy?” Irene asks, leaning forward slightly.

“Mmhm...” Wendy hums, feeling another yawn coming along.

As if it’s the most natural thing to do, Wendy reaches forward to wipe a stray bang that’s about to fall on her eyes.

Irene blinks as if she’s taken aback, again by how forward Wendy is.

Serves her right.

“What about you?” Wendy asks,

and as she’s throwing the question across, she feels a strange tingle in the pit of her stomach.

Irene flashes a cute smile-frown, closing her eyes slightly and nodding her head.

Strangely, Wendy finds herself smiling back, the tingle lingering then disappearing again. She has to bite her lip to prevent herself from smiling wider.

Damn this girl.

Wendy has to tear her eyes away to look at the time on her phone.

It’s late, and Taeyeon has turned the light off in her room it seems. All the signs are telling her that it’s time to leave. Maybe she’ll crash at Taeyeon’s shop – she has her keys and she has to grab Taeyeon new clothes anyway. But...

“Should we leave now?” Irene speaks Wendy’s thoughts aloud, and hearing it makes Wendy stare at her incredulously. “She might be sleeping, and it doesn’t look like that friend of yours came.”

“We?” She asks, a bit surprised.

Irene smirks slightly at her, as if to innocently taunt Wendy, who arches an eyebrow.

“Where do you live?” Irene gets up and Wendy just can’t seem to stop herself from riding her flow, “We can grab a taxi.” She’s already walking before Wendy can even begin to speak.

She gets up along with Irene and can’t help but laugh at the turn of events, “Irene, you know,”

The person in question turns around with a hair flip  and Wendy immediately regrets calling her back like that.

Wendy shakes her head, either admonishing herself or Irene, she really doesn’t know at this point,

“You’re pretty smooth.”

Wendy can’t help it when the words come out of and walks past Irene in a hurry, hoping she won’t see the blush reach her ears.

But she knows it’s all for naught when the person causing her all this grief follows close behind her with that snarky little giggle.

----

(Meanwhile)

“Jessica,”

Taeyeon is up and ready for a fight.

“What are you doing here?”

She can’t help it,

Taeyeon reluctantly sizes Jessica up and down, her eyes trailing from the crown of her head to the tip of her toes.

Of course, Jessica is dressed to the nines, wearing sky high heels to a hospital and a coat that was probably minted by a designer whose name Taeyeon wouldn’t even be able to pronounce.

And her arms are crossed.

Her nose is even slightly crinkled and her eyes are narrowing in on Taeyeon.

She’s angry.

Taeyeon just knows it.

She knows Jessica too well.

Sometimes she hates herself for knowing, too.

“Well, well,” Jessica crooks her head and raises her chin, trying to macho herself in Taeyeon’s midst. This kind of never really works on Taeyeon because Jessica is as small as her.

“You even said my name.” She fakes a laugh. Taeyeon hates Jessica’s fake laugh, “This is more development than I’ve seen these past few months.”

Taeyeon closes her eyes, feeling a migraine coming on, “Jessica....”

She hears Jessica take a step closer.

Oh, no.

“How could you do this to me?”

It’s a softer voice coming out of this time, one that Taeyeon rarely hears and one that Jessica saves for only the most adequate of moments.

“We don’t text, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter