Chapter 1

Paroxysm (The truth shall prevail)

     "1.. 2.. 81! Hello! We are heightyone!" All of us chanted joyfully. The interviewer ask us to introduce ourselves one by one. As the members introduce themselves, I am the last one to introduce myself. "Hello I'm heightyone's maknae, Darin." I said excitedly. Then the  interviewer ask us again. "Can you tell us what is the meaning of your group name?" Our leader Yohin didn't hesitate to answer the question. "heightyone is pronounce as hey-ty one. The heightyone have two meanings, the first one is that heightyone is two words. Height and one because we will always aim for number 1, so we will do our best to be number 1. The second meaning is you can hear 81 in our name. 8 and 1 because we are 8 members and we are 1 group. Also our debut date was the 1st of August." Right after that the interviewer ask us questions again. This interview is being recorded in advance because our company wants to? Our manager said that this interview will show the day after our debut.

     We've finish our schedule and we are about to go to our dorm and change clothes to practice. I can't still believe that I've got accepted here in SM Entertainment. The competition is no joke not like the reality shows that I've watched on T.V. Sometimes you can hear someone crying because of the tension in the practice room, sometimes because of monthly evaluation, or sometimes because of the words that you can hear from the instructors and choreograpers. I didn't know how did I manage to balance all of it. Maybe because of my passion doing this or maybe the things happened to me before. I didn't regret anything in my life because I know it is fate. I may be the youngest in our group but I'm the one who always give advice to the other members. My members really like it when I listen to them because they know that I understand them. The youngest are really the one who cheers up the members but in different ways.

     I can feel that SM really is working this year. I mean all of the groups are going to have comeback but the only thing that people don't know is that SM will drop another girl group and that is us, heightyone. Actually this past few months I can see a lot of my superior. I was about to go to the practice room and then I saw Taeyeon-eonnie having a rest after their practice.

"Hey Darin! Come here!" Taeyeon called me. I walk towards her. I consider Taeyeon as my non-biological sister because our attitudes really matched. Taeyeon always ask me out especially when she wanted to go out and eat. 

"Yes, Eonnie?" I ask her wanting to know what is she going to tell me.

"Stay with me while I'm resting and let's chat!" she said excitedly.

"What are we going to talk about?" I ask her. 

"Well let's talk about boys." she said to me with a grin her face.

"But Sunbae I have practice to do and my manager will get angry." I told her trying to escape because of the topic she wanted to discuss with me.

"Don't worry." she said. So I walk with her while her arm is on my shoulder finding a good place to lost in while chatting. We sat on a bench while drinking our juice drinks bought in cafe.

"So, is there anyone who caught your attention these days?" she started the conversation about boys.

"I don't know... Maybe Taeyong-sunbae?" I said but in reality I really like Taeyong even before I've got accepted to SM.

"Ooohhh... I can introduce you to him." she suggested.

"Oh, actually we already knew each other because there is a time that all of us SMRookies go out and eat just for fun. We introduce each of us to each other."

"Well that's good." she said while patting my head.

"Eonnie, you might get offended but can I ask you about you and Baekhyun-sunbae?" I nervously ask her because she might get mad or something but I just can't help my brain out of curiosity.

"No, it's okay. Actually we are talking again. Not like before, I really don't look at him when I passed by. Pretending to be busy even though I'm really not." she explains and my brain is still curios about them.

"So, is there any chance of two to be back again?" I said.

"I don't know because I don't know what was going on in his mind." she told me with a smile on her face.

"Well, I will take it as a yes." I smiled at her because I can still see in her eyes that she is still in love with Baekhyun-sunbae.

"Well, I will also accept Taeyong as your crush because he is not only handsome but also very kind." I'm shocked of what she just said.

     I'm worried by now because I know our manager is looking for me right now. I just made an excuse to Taeyeon but she refused. Instead she take me to the practice room where the other members at. She also explain why I took so long before going to the practice room. Our manager doesn't seem to be mad, he even told me to continue what I'm doing with my superiors because he don't want us to have conflicts with them. So right after that we started to practice for our upcoming debut.

 


Hello guys!. Comment if you want to say something to me, to the story, or what so ever. Also, I'm going to publish the chapters every Saturday but sometimes I don't follow the routine because of my excitement writing the story. I may also post one to two chapters in one day. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and stay for more!

- Author-nim