into his world

Hey Honey! (Yah! Jagiya!)

Somi is ready to enter his world. New world means new hope for her.

 

She looked at Mingyu nervously. What would be his world like?

 

Mingyu brought her to his house where his mother busy talking with their neighbor at their mini garden. They walked inside the gate when the two elders saw the young couple they stopped talking and looked at them. The young ones bowed and greeted the elders.

"Eomma, this is Somi." Mingyu introduced Somi to his mother. Somi just keep down her head because she was nervous of what Mingyu's mother would think of her.

"Somi?" a familiar voice of a woman spoke. Somi glanced up to see who mentioned her name. To her surprise it was Mrs. Lee who called her.

"Mrs Lee, you know her?" Mingyu's mother asked Mrs. Lee.

"Yes," she smiled at her and at me, "She was the one I told you who saved me from the thief."

"Mrs. Lee and Mrs Kim, Good evening" Somi bowed down to the both of them.

Mrs Kim smiled warmly to Somi.

"Come in, dear. It is cold outside." Mrs Kim brought Somi inside the house and led her to the sofa.

"Have you eaten dinner already?"Mrs Kim asked. Somi looked at Mrs. Kim. Mrs. Kim is a woman in her late 40's with a friendly face like Mingyu. His mother looks is very beautiful and simple. Mingyu had his visuals from her mother. Somi hesitated to say that she had not have dinner yet. Mrs. Kim noticed that the young girl was hesitant and shy then she gave her a warm smile.

"Mingyu" Mrs Kim called her son, sweetly.

"Give your wife a warm meal. There is a chicken soup and rice in the kitchen." she told her son then looked at Somi. "Dear, don't be shy. You are my son's wife, so you are already my daughter."

Just like Mingyu the old woman is also very sincere and soft with her words. Mingyu gave her a bowl of soup and rice. Somi felt warm when Mingyu's mother welcomed her. While Somi is eating her meal she glanced at her surroundings. Everything in this house is warm, it may not be as luxurious as her house but it is warm enough to melt some ice in her heart. Mingyu's house is simple and welcoming.

"I'll get our room ready upstairs" Mingyu told her while carrying her luggage.

"our room?" she looked at Mingyu.

Mingyu nodded. "We are going to stay here for a while."

"why? are we leaving?"

"nope, we are not leaving. We are just moving in that house" he pointed the other house next to theirs. "I bought it for us." he smiled at Somi.

Somi looked at Mingyu as he carried her bags upstairs. She was thinking that Mingyu really thought about them living together. Somi has never fallen in love with someone else ever since she was born. From her experience within her family she thought of not having a family in the future but things happen unexpectedly and she got pregnant.

I bought it for us

She stared blankly on the family picture at the mini altar near the dining table. It is a picture of Mingyu, his mother, his father and his older sister.

Family. She thought.

Somi started to think of what it feels like to have a family of her own. She caressed her baby bump and smiled. She tasted the soup he had given her. She felt delighted. While she was washing her dishes on the sink, Mrs Kim came in the dining room.

"Mrs Kim thank you for the dinner. The soup is really delicious." Somi said softly and shyly.

"call me Eomma" she said calmly with a smile.

"uhhm" Somi hesitated first. "Eomma" Mrs Kim smiled and nodded. She paused and asked,"Eomma, where will I place this plate?"

"in the cabinet under the sink" she replied then Somi nodded.

After she placed the plates, she saw Mrs Kim looking at their family picture.

"She's Mingyu's sister, Minah" Mrs. Kim smiled sadly. "I had her when I was at your age." Somi looked at Mrs. Kim. "I married Jaehyun(Mingyu's father) at an early age. We were just like the two of you when we were just starting. I never thought that I'd end up marrying him" Mrs Kim smirked slightly while reminiscing her past.

"Why?" Somi asked and she was getting interested about Mr. and Mrs. Kim's love story.

"We are never close to each other. I was a junior and he was my senior. My best friend is his best friend's girlfriend. We only know each other by name only not by face, so as my bestfriend's boyfriend."Mrs Kim glanced at Somi. Mrs Kim brought the picture then they sat at the sofa comfortably.

" I never expected love would come my way back then. I had a nerdy appearance when I was sixteen and Jaehyun was very popular with his gentlemanly attitude and looks. When my bestfriend and his boyfriend broke up. She got depressed so I went to the classroom of our seniors,and I yelled and dragged the wrong person." She laughed again. "After that he started bothering me. He sent me flowers and love letters. Then he asked me to date him.After a year of dating, I got pregnant."

How nice it is to have parents that loves each other, Somi thought. Somi wonders if her parents are as sweet as Mingyu's parents back then.

"Where is Minah right now?" she asked, "Eomma" she added. She's just getting herself used to it.

"She's a model in a magazine in America. She often calls and she's only here during Christmas and New Year." she replied. It is evident that Mrs Kim misses her daughter very much.

Mrs Kim did not ask about Somi's personal life because from seeing the little girl's brown eyes it shows that she looked distressed and tired. His son already told her that Somi was abandoned by her parents that's why she will be with them starting tonight.

"It is already ten in the evening, you should sleep now dear. I'll just stay here for a while, I'm waiting for Jaehyun to come home from work. It is bad to your health if you would sleep late." Mrs Kim stood up and returned the picture at the altar. "Mingyu's room is the first door you'll see upstairs." Somi nodded and headed to the stairs. Before she stepped at the first level of the stairs she looked at Mrs Kim and smiled.

"Thank you again...Eomma" Somi told her.

"Sweet dreams dear Somi" Mrs Kim replied then Somi went upstairs.

 

 

 

<...>

 

 

 

Somi opened the door to Mingyu's room. She saw Mingyu placing a foam on the floor beside the bed.

"I'll sleep on the floor" she told him.

He shooked his head,"No, I wouldn't let my pregnant jagiya sleep on the floor. You better take the bed." he pointed the bed.

"jagiya?" Somi smirked because she was surprised of the sudden endearment. Mingyu looked at her.

"yes jagiya? do you need anything?" Mingyu grinned.

"what's with the sudden endearment Kim Mingyu?" Somi laughed slightly. They were closer than before. Somi started to treat Mingyu as a friend.

"You are my wife, euri jagiya, Jeon Somi-ssi" Mingyu teased acting cutely in front of Somi.

"We are not married yet Mingyu ahjussi" she replied jokingly. Mingyu pouted by hearing the word ahjussi.

"I am not that old. It is not like our gap is fifty years or something. I'm not an ahjussi. I'd rather be called an Oppa" Mingyu protested like a child.

They laughed at eachother. When the laughter died Somi finally realized that it is her first time sleeping with a man. Actually, it is her second time sleeping with the same man. An awkward silence started to grow between them.

Somi sat at Mingyu's bed while Mingyu laid his head down at the foam. Somi was observing Mingyu's room.

Mingyu's room is full of japanese mangas and english comic books. She was amazed because Mingyu looks like he's the nerdy type of guy who reads science books but seeing his collection of mangas and anime posters, she thought that Mingyu also has this side. He has a poster of Luffy from One Piece on the wall and some characters from animes.

"Mingyu are you sleeping?" Somi asked to break the silence.

"Zzzz" Mingyu smirked after he replied. Somi looked at him and gave him a glare. The bed where Somi is lying is more elevated, so there is a wide gap between the bed and Mingyu's foam. "hehehe sorry. I'm wide awake jagiya" he grinned widely. Every time he calls Somi 'jagiya' he would give an ear-to-ear kind of smile.

 

"you really like calling me jagiya huh?" Somi rolled her eyes. Mingyu nodded.

"but I like you more" Mingyu grinned and this made Somi to smirk.

"getting all cheesy, Kim Mingyu" Somi laughed slightly. "I didn't know you have this side of you Mingyu."

"my side view is great but ayelove-view (I love you) is greater" Mingyu laughed at his corny pick up lines and made Somi burst in to laughters.

"hahaha ouch my stomach it hurts hahaha" Somi couldn't stop herself from laughing when she heard Mingyu using the one of the most common pick up lines. When her laughter subsided she asked him, "where did you learn all these corny and cheesy pick up lines?"

"from my heart" He grinned. She rolled her eyes again and shot a look at Mingyu. "joke" he added immediately. "I heard it many times from Soonyoung-hyung at the cafe when he was talking with some female customers."

"what a player..tsk" she shook her head, "next time Mingyu make your own pick up lines, that's plagiarism"she smirked.

Mingyu felt better seeing Somi laughed at his corny jokes. It was really his intention to make Somi laugh. He noted to himself that he has to do pick up lines regularly to make Somi feel better.

Somi stared at the white ceiling on Mingyu's room then she started to feel sleepy thinking that this was a long day. Many things had happened she was abandoned by her parents and being welcomed warmly by new people.

It is nice to sleep in a warm home and with a warm heart. She was still worried about her parents even she was abandoned by them. She closed her eyes. Before she could go to dreamland he heard Mingyu's sweet deep and manly voice saying, "Goodnight, jagiya"

"Goodnight" she yawned then she finally fell asleep.

When Somi was already in deep sleep, he sat down because he can't sleep. His face was facing on Somi's face.

He looked at her eyes, nose, and lips. He stared at her lips for a few seconds thinking to kiss her. Bur it is not good for a man to steal kisses from a sleeping lady.Instead of kissing her lips, he kissed her cheeks.

"How could you sleep at times like this?" he muttered softly. He brushed the string of hair covering Somi's face so he could see her face clearly. "She must be very tired." He stood up and placed the blanket on the sleeping body of Somi. Then he sat up while watching Somi sleeping safe and soundly. He did not realize that he fell asleep.

 

<.....>

 

Love comes when you least expected it. Don't chase for it. Let it meet you at the right time and at the right moment. When will be the right moment? No one knows. The only thing we could do is wait patiently, because great things happens for those who wait.